“One of our favorite places!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Vienna
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“One of our favorite places!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Love this venue. The staff is always very nice. We have a great time every time we go- about 8 to 10 times a year.

Visited August 2012

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not my cup”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

This place is not as it appears. I went to a show there that was shut down. If you like alternate calm music its for you but I'm not a sleep at the wheel. I thought the whole place needed a facelift as warehouse chick is not for me but may be good for you

Cary, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I loved that the doors open at 7 pm and there's music all night! There's seating if you want it, or you can get close to the stage. The bartenders are very nice, and the band members hang out with the audience after their sets.

Visited April 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Small Personal Venue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have been to a handful of shows at Jammin Java, and while it isn't my dream venue, it gives nothing to complain about. The atmosphere is plain and simple, providing a personal small atmosphere in which the crowd can really interact with the musicians. The staff is also friendly and generally helpful.

Overall, the venue adds nothing to the overall experience, but it doesn't take away. Nothing special, but worth going to see a musician you like.

Visited September 2011
Herndon, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Go for the music, not the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Visited Jammin Java for dinner and a performance by troubadour Darrell Scott (and opener Grace Pettis). My conclusion based on this experience: Go to Jammin Java for the music, not for dinner. As a music venue, the place is great -- an intimate atmosphere and decent acoustics. But at least on the night I visited, Jammin Java wasn’t really set up for dining. Other than a small section of tables -- all taken 45-60 minutes before the show -- the hall was given over to folding chairs, not conducive to balancing a salad plate and a drink. You could also eat in the bar area, standing or taking a stool along the wall and hoping that you could get a decent seat for the show after you finished eating. (Which is what I did.) The food -- a mozzarella salad and a roast beef sandwich in my case -- proved to be ... meh. I’d advise grabbing an early dinner elsewhere before going to Jammin Java for a show. Beers were reasonable ($5), the service friendly, the funky atmosphere a refreshing change for Northern Virginia. I can’t shed any light on Jammin Java’s daytime identity as a coffee house and family hangout, though I suspect it might be a cool place to enjoy a cup of coffee and read.

Visited March 2012