“Outstanding food. Very good service. We recommend it.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Outstanding food. Very good service. We recommend it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

We used to live in Vienna, VA and enjoyed this restaurant then. Since we have moved out of state we make a point of eating here when we are visiting the area. This time we ate there on Sunday, December 14. The Sunflower is an Asian fusion vegetarian restaurant. I usually get the General Tso's Surprise and really like it. My wife has celiac and thus has to be gluten-free, but she also had an excellent dish. So did our two friends who joined us. Prices also are moderate. We have probably eaten there a dozen times over the last few years and always enjoy it.

Visited December 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

Even my meat-lover husband enjoys Sunflowe. Nice variety of dishes. Love the Golden Nuggets, but everytthing I've tried has been delicious. Nice, quiet plqce, but good for kids. Try it, you'll love it.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Vegetarian but without the vegetarian Taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

This place has different kind of dishes. If you are tired of all similar vegetarian dishes with uncooked vegetables then dtry this place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I'm a vegetarian, but just because you write the words 'organic' and 'tofu' in your menu doesn't mean it's worth anything…. besides being a vegetarian I love the taste of vegetables and I love eating healthy, this experience was anything but…. the food was greasy, the sauces were full of starch of some sort, the tofu was of very low quality…. it was absolutely discussing, they even managed to take all the good flavor out of the vegetables out of them. I would be much happier eating a vegetarian option at any other restaurant that serves meat.
I will never go there again…. would advise anyone who likes quality food to avoid this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants. It is small, clean and the staff is very friendly. The food is delicious and is fresh. The Vegan General Tso's Tofu is my favorite, but I also love the vegetable fried rice among many other dishes. The price is right as well. My children all love eating here too! Every time we go the bathroom is clean and the tables are clean and nicely prepared which is very important to me. The atmosphere is quiet, calm and friendly. Couldn't ask for a better restaurant!

• Visited July 2014