“Just wow” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Bonaroti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Street
Arlington, Virginia
“Just wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a phenomenal experience.

We didn't have a reservation and arrived around 6pm on a Saturday night. The hostess seemed a little huffy that we didn't have a reservation, but everything was perfect after we were seated (only took a few minutes to get a table). They set us back by the bar, and we had 2 waiters giving us bread, water, menus, and setting napkins on our laps within seconds. Just incredible.

I highly recommend you get whatever the waiter suggests, because we both got specials and didn't look back. I had the lobster ravioli, and my husband had a delicious chicken dish I can't remember.

The service, food, and ambiance can't be matched. I wished we lived closer because we would come all the time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Always Excellent...But the Rib Eye Steak is THE BEST EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We go to Bonaroti's fairly often and always have a wonderful experience. The service is top notch and the staff genuinely want you to feel "taken care of".

Almost always, I will have pasta because it's homemade and so delicious. This night, however, I really wanted a steak so I ordered the rib eye. Oh My Goodness! It was the best steak I've had in a long time, if not ever! And, it was huge. This rib eye was seasoned perfectly, almost fork tender and presented with perfectly sautéed mushrooms. I enjoyed every single bite and had plenty to bring home and share with the kids! I asked for the mushroom linguine as my side so that I could still have a bite of pasta. We always start off with zucchini blossoms which are stuffed with ricotta and fried and delicious. Dessert is always delicious but I'm usually so full that I can only have a bite...so consider sharing.

Here's a tip: Bonaroti's has an extensive menu and an equally long list of specials. Rely on your waiter to guide you if you are undecided. They will make almost anything you ask for if it's within your their power. The atmosphere is old fashioned elegance. You feel special and at home all at the same time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oakton, Virginia
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Bonaroti used to be a favorite of ours, but we hadn't been for a while, until last week when we took our teenage daughters for a celebration dinner. Things have fallen badly. The decor looks tired, and the kitchen is failing.

One daughter had a ravioli in a cream sauce which was outstanding. However, my osso buco special was disappointing -- it was somewhat chewy and meaty like a young steer rather than veal. My other daughter's veal saltimbocca had been frozen, and my wife's eggplant parmigiana was soggy and tasteless. While some discrete elements of the dinner were excellent, the serious failings of three of our four entrees were unacceptable. There are better options in the area nowadays.

Visited August 2013
“Some dishes were good and a few failed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a friend reunion dinner here. Mussels were not fresh and fishes were thin, deep fried so dried and tasteless. Ravioli was super delicious and lamb chops were tender. The waiter was at tentative first and no water refills and it took forever for the bills to come. An average restaurant experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Loved this Restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had checked the reviews on Trip Advisor before we went, and so was a little worried about the service. But I really don't know what those reviewers were talking about. From the moment my husband and I arrived, we were treated so warmly. We were greeted by Stefano who was delightful. We were seated right away and our waiter Claros (hope I got that right) was also wonderful. We loved the food and the service and we want to go back again, next time we stay in the area. The atmosphere was casual, fun and romantic. The food was so so good. I love going to Italy, and truly, some of the food reminded me of being there like the way they served the buffalo mozzarella for instance. The entrees were also excellent, I had a Filet Mignon in a wonderful red wine sauce and my husband had the Veal scalloppini, which he raved about. Gracie Mille to Ristorante Bonaroti.

Visited August 2013