“Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Bonaroti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 120 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Street
Tucson
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I've just come from eating there (on a busy Saturday night) and it was one of the best meals that I've had in a long time. I am very fussy (see some of my other reviews) but I don't understand the negative comments from other posters about the food (although restaurants can be inconsistent or change chefs, etc). Absolutely everybody in our large party was delighted with their food--my entree of soft shell crabs was the best I can remember. The menu is huge and there are many specials--from fish to pasta to chicken to lamb it was all outstanding.

The service was stellar--but they were efficient and a little brusque so I understand some of the less than favorable comments below.

But they did everything we asked--we were a party of 10 and there were picky eaters and people with allergies and on and on. And they were not patronizing and they accommodated absolutely all the requests without saying a thing or appearing to be put out or charging extra--including dividing dishes without being asked when people wanted to share. They just didn't fawn over us--so if that's what you need maybe this is not your place.

And not only did they not try to push more expensive options on us, they suggested several times that a dish was plenty for two people. And in fact the portions are very large.

The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that it is fairly expensive; even the pasta dishes were in the high $20's. And they don't tell you the price of any of the many specials that they rattle off when you sit down (although if you ask they do tell you of course).

It's not anywhere near where I live; I chose it because friends were in Tysons for an award dinner. But I will try to find a reason to go out to Vienna again. This is definitely a keeper.

• Visited May 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“best D C restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Visit northern Va. from Florida several times a year and the highlight to go to dinner is Bonaroti's!! Food esp specials are exactly that!! SPECIAL!! Italian fish special superb!! Service is always the best! Love this restaurant!!!

• Visited March 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Excellent Food - But You Pay For It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have been going to this great Italian restaurant for special occasions (we cannot afford to go too often!) for over 20 years. The menu is extensive and the daily specials, as described by the serving staff are almost too many to remember. Service is attentive, but not intrusive. The wine list is great, but somewhat overpriced. The owner is usually there to greet guests and often provides a complimentary after dinner drink. We have never had a bad meal or experience!

• Visited March 2012
Las Cruces, NM
“A very nice suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had not visited this restaurant in years. We were a little concerned when we arrived in the restaurant. The tables appeared to be very close to one another and in a somewhat small room. We were there to meet and dine with old friends we had not seen in awhile and we wanted to talk without competing with the rest of the restaurant. We had absolutely no problem with noise even when the restaurant filled almost every table with customers. The menu was terrific and the specials were mouth watering. We had a mixture of fish and pasta entrees none of which were disappointing. The Cesar salad was one of the best we have ever had. The service was top drawer. We won’t wait so long in the future to return to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Far too expensive for average cuisine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We went here for Valentines Night so it's possible the prices were bumped up. The venue itself is well-suited for a more romantic setting and on this evening they had two distinct seatings for dinner.

First comment was that the prices were high compared with other similar looking establishments in or around DC. However if one gets good, memorable food then it is worth paying for especially on a special occasion. Sadly Bonaroti did not deliver. My immediate impression was that some of the waiters were patronising and superior trying rather too hard to get one to select more expensive food and wine. This is the only time I've encountered such an attitude in the US. Having overcome that we were brought a basket of bread that was good and accompanied by olive oil and basalmic vinegar. There were also two small bowls of finely choppedc tomatoes and olives - the latter of which was the best thing we had. We shared an appetiser of eggplant that was remarkable for being unremarkable except that they kindly presented it on two plates. Other than that there was no taste to the dish. My wife had a chicken dish of which there is nothing more to say. I had ordered sea bass and have never before seen such a large piece of sea bass and thought this might be an American version. However there was none of that traditional taste of sea bass and I'm now convinced I had been served something else. But again there was nothing about my dish that stood out. A big disappointment for the prices so we abandoned the desert list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere