“not just pies” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Vienna, Virginia
“not just pies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been going to the Pie Gourmet since it opened. Everyone loves their pies and the crust is so good that I eat it all. Over time, they've expanded their menu to include cheesecake, cupcakes, cookies, muffins and scones. And they also have dinner pies that are great for dinner or brunch. And several kinds of lasagne. The last time I was there, I bought a few tamales, which are a new item and are excellent. If you don't want to get a whole pie (there are two sizes), you can get just a slice of several options each day. The service is always excellent. The Pie Gourmet has become a one-stop shop where you can get an entire meal and dessert !!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Worth the stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stopped in here because it was next to a sandwich shop and was glad I did. The slice of pecan pie was fabulous with a very short crust that I know was homemade because I saw the owner in back making it. The filling was loaded with pecans and was not too sweet. They also have savory pies (I wish I would have known that before I bought the sandwich). Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2013