“Best real pizza in metro DC, and *CHEAP* to boot!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 125 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Pizza
Arlington, Virginia
“Best real pizza in metro DC, and *CHEAP* to boot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

As a native of Brooklyn, I hold strong opinions on pizza. CSP is the real deal, and the best I have found in the DC area. The fact that they only charge $12+ for a true large pizza is a very pleasant surprise, especially when compared to the typical $20+ elsewhere in the inner suburbs & DC for a similar pie. The only complaint I have is the lack of access to free tap water, but I take it in stride considering how cheap the pizza is! A super-bonus is the quick walk up the block to the equally super Nielsen's Frozen Custard for dessert!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vienna, Virginia
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I'm from New Jersey and an avowed pizza snob. Church Street Pizza is the real deal! Served hot and dripping like a good east coast pie should be. If I had to be picky, the crust was a bit crisp and tough to fold like a true pizza should be eaten but a few cracks in the crust can be overlooked, I just moved to Vienna and this will be my regular pizza spot

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia, United States
“Best pizza in Vienna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you like NY style pizza, this is the place. We like this better than the chains. Several booths, but the place doesn't hold a whole lot of people.

Visited April 2013
Manassas, Va.
“So so at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was the first customer of the day as I walked in when they opened. You order at the counter. They have one tiny menu taped to the glass which I had trouble reading even with my reading glasses on. I ordered a 1/2 Sausage and 1/2 Pepperoni pizza. I believe the 16in is all they have but you can order slices. I believe the menu showed $11.69 for a pizza and with my one topping I paid $18. something which I believe included a small plastic cup you get for the soda. I was alone and wanted to read and the light is pretty bad here. I sat at the table closest to the front windows and it was dirty with a lot of crumbs, meaning they were from the night before. The young lady at the counter was friendly. The pizza came out quick enough and was tasty but certainly not the best pizza I've ever had. I might eat here again but I'm not sure.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Thirsty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

So, I absolutely love the pizza. The absolutely only issue I have with this place is that you have to BUY water. Most places give you complimentary small cups for tap water. Not the case here. You can either buy Vienna bottled water or go thirsty. I even offered to bring in my own water bottle and fill it up with tap water from the bathroom. Nope.... So, I only get the pizza to go.

Visited April 2013