“Perfect Crust and Meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pure Pasty Co.

The Pure Pasty Co.
Cuisines: Australian, British
Washington, DC
“Perfect Crust and Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This may not be for everyone but if you are a fan of pot pies and the like you will love the Pasties here. My husband and his family are from Michigan and their reviews are more mixed. This seems to be a reflection of traditionalists versus non when it comes to the ingredients. Pure Pasty does not use rutabaga in the traditional which makes it less authentic for some. For me however, I don't like the taste of rutabaga so it is very delightful!

Pure Pasty has some delicious and unique Pasties in addition to the traditional. My husband especially enjoyed one with lamb. They used to make a steak & cheese Pasty which was my favorite. The crust is fabulous and really makes the whole meal. My husband stops by on his way home from work and buys 5 or 6 at a time. They freeze well and are easy to reheat although I'd suggest taking the extra time and heating them in the oven for the best texture and flavor. Price is reasonable when you consider it is an entire meal all packaged together except for perhaps a vegetable of some kind. Definitely try them!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Never had a Pasty before but they are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent! Will definitely be back! We are having a party next Sunday and will cater with Pure Pasty!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Pure delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Individual meat pies available in a variety of types, from traditional to curry, makes grabbing a quick bite in Vienna an adventure. This small shop has limited seating, but if you can nab a place at the counter, you can watch the pasty-making in action. The two-fisted size pasties are plenty filling and are enjoyable with or without condiments. But add a touch of English mustard - delightful!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“It's a meat filled bread, what's not to like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I mean, if I have to tell you about a pasty you clearly haven't been. There is nothing not to like. Perfect spice, perfect bake. I mean, just go.

Visited January 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Tasty pasty! Best since London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We're in Washington DC for the weekend and carried out pasties for dinner tonight. We got a wide selection and I tried a little of each kind. My fave was the vegetarian, but I also loved the traditional, the cordon bleu, and the chicken Provençal. We also got some apple turnovers. Everything was delicious, customer service was great, and I'll be here every time we visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere