“Tasty pasty! Best since London!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pure Pasty Co.

The Pure Pasty Co.
128C Church St NW, Vienna, VA 22180
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 125 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Australian, British
Columbia, Missouri
“Tasty pasty! Best since London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We're in Washington DC for the weekend and carried out pasties for dinner tonight. We got a wide selection and I tried a little of each kind. My fave was the vegetarian, but I also loved the traditional, the cordon bleu, and the chicken Provençal. We also got some apple turnovers. Everything was delicious, customer service was great, and I'll be here every time we visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vienna, Virginia
“Ox Tail Soup is their best soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We tried the ox tail soup as part of the special. I have to say this is the best soup I have had from Pure Pasty. I also liked their beef wellington.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Virginia
“An authentic taste of Kernow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

To any and all who have been wishing for a genuine Cornish pasty but sadly unable to hop a plane home for the holidays, check out the PPC! Their pasties are short crust (I do prefer flaky, but the shortcrust here is actually better than the shortcrust I have had in the UK, not at all heavy or dry) and come in a variety of flavors. I would go for the original if you only plan to try one, but one will not be enough...the shop is on an alleyway, making it hard to find if you are not local and there is not much seating inside, so don't plan to bring a group and eat in. But do go. We will be making special trips when we can - wish it wasn't so far, but it is much closer than Cornwall!

Visited November 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Cornish style turnover/empanada transplant in Vienna alleyway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a small shop that faithfully replicates a Cornish staple in Vienna. In addition to the traditional pasty, filled with meat and veggies, a rotating selection of specials greets the gourmand. I particularly like the pork barbecue pasty, or the Moroccan lamb. A display rack full of Brit condiments rounds out the offerings. All the pasties are made on site in the kitchen open to full view of patrons. While a few stools are available, this is primarily a take-out shop. Vienna dining choices are so much the better with the arrival of Pure Pasty.

Visited April 2012
Reston, Virginia
“What's not to love?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The pasties are fresh and delicious. You can watch them making the pasties while you eat. This place is quick, clean, reasonably priced and never fails to deliver on taste. So far I've tried 3 different pasties and loved them all. I certainly plan to go through their entire menu! My new favorite joint in Vienna.

• Visited November 2012