“Excellent British food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pure Pasty Co.

The Pure Pasty Co.
Cuisines: Australian, British
Cotopaxi, Colorado
“Excellent British food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

In spite of this being characterized as Australian food, it is clearly a British Restaurant with the Union Jack outside and Cadburys for sale inside. There isn't a lot of seating and it is on an alley between Maple and Church street but my parents recommended it and it was a great choice. It was excellent food, we took it back home.

We got four different pastys and bought them home. They were all good, we also had the sausage roll which was very good. The sizes were a good value and service great. Five stars for the food. It is a step up above fast food but a giant leap compared to its competitors. I wouldn't bring anyone here to eat, this is only about the food and not the atmosphere. We would try it again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Herndon, Virginia
“Very Good Pasties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I purchased a Specialicious deal that was $10 for $20 to be used as Pure Pasty. My husband is from Marquette, MI and we know good pasties. For our deal, I purchased two sausage rolls and two traditional pasties. The sausage rolls were good, with crisp flaky pastry. I would have liked the sausage to have more flavor. The pasties were very good. Sometimes, I make pasties myself, and sometimes we order them from Michigan. Now we don't have to.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“very tasty - cannot wait to return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Excellent food - I had the lamb pasty and my husband had the traditional and the chicken provencal. The lamb was lean and flavorful, and I loved the chickpeas, raisins, and cherries mixed in with the filling. I'd highly recommend the mint sauce with this pasty. The crust is buttery and flaky - amazing.
I tried the traditional pasty my husband was eating and liked it as well - delicious beef, potatoes, and carrots (though less spiced than the lamb one). I didn't try the chicken provencal, but my husband really enjoyed it as well. A very successful little lunch - 3 pasties and 2 drinks came to around $25. And I love supporting family-run businesses! Plus it's great to know that their lamb and beef are grass-fed and all-natural.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Wonderful Fresh Lunch Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

You really have to make the effort to find this place given its location in an alley between Church St and Maple Ave. Once you do though, you won't be disappointed. I wasn't too hungry, so I just picked up a sausage roll and a coke. With tax, I paid just $5.10, which is a bargain for lunch in northern Virginia. The pastry was divine, although the sausage was a tad spicier than I anticipated. They have a varied menu and it looked like they were having a run on the cheese steak pasty that day. About a third of the place is taken up by the kitchen where you can watch them make the pastry and fillings from scratch. There are only five seats in the entire place, so they expect that just like in the old days, you'll walk away and eat your pasty elsewhere.
I liked the place so much that I plan on taking my daughter (semester abroad in London) to see what she thinks...and to try another variety of pasty myself. What a great unique addition to the lunch fare in Vienna.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“A nice change of pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I love the pasties from this great place as a change of pace. Everything is fresh and tasty with something for everyone.

Visited July 2012