“Great Find!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
MapleWood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 123 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Ave
Transit: The Vienna metro is a 5 minute cab ride to the restaurant.
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to the Grill last night with some out-of-town visitors who have traveled all over the world. They raved about Maplewood, and vowed to return on their next visit to town. Two of us had the rockfish and they said it was wonderful. i ordered the short ribs---excellent. The service was top-notch. Very friendly folks, right down the the fella who watched to make sure we always had their delicious bread. I would have given it 5 stars except the white wine we ordered had not been chilled. Our server said that they had run out of the chilled bottles and apologized profusely. I had heard about Maplewood from some friends. So glad we found it. We will return!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clarksburg, Maryland
“A find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped in before a show at Wolf Trap. Tucked in a corner of a plaza it looks like it could be dated and dark. Instead there is contemporary lighting and art and the food was presented to match. Our service was excellent provided by Ryan W - very attentive and quick with a recommendation. The wine list is affordable and has a nice selection if not large. The flat iron steak was really well done and the risotto served with the short ribs was great. Prices were fair and we were very pleased with the dining experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“This restaurant thinks it's higher class than it is”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I went to Maplewood Grill to have a nice dinner before going out of town and because she is diabetic she asked if she could substitute a vegetable for the French fries that came with her crab cake. She was told that it would be an additional $2 to do so we decided to leave. Believe me, this place is hardly a high class eating establishment and to lose customers over a couple asparagus spears or carrots is just plain bad business. The menu at this restaurant is tired, the entrees and other items never change and the entrees are expensive for what they are and what one gets on the plates. There are plenty of other places to dine in the area so skip this location and be treated right.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Not as good as before”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. We still love the appetizer of salmon quesadillas; there are four, so my husband and I split it. My drink, the Vienna martini, was just okay, not as good as my husband's pomegranate martini. My husband's mahi mahi was very good; he liked it. My scallop dish, that I previously felt were the best scallops anywhere, has changed since a couple of months ago. It used to be my favorite, my reason for coming to this restaurant. It's still good but not as good as it was. My glass of red wine, Lucky Star, was not as good as before. The dessert, the chocolate candy bar dessert, was still very good. We'll try here again, but I was disappointed because it wasn't as good as several times previously. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. A piano player entertains in the background with people sitting around the piano singing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“A pleasant surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant used to be the Le Canard, a French-style place. It had a reputation for good food, and recently changed to have a wider-variety of cuisine. Now, with a different, more-Continental flavor, its quality is still quite good. We have had both lunches and dinners there, and the food is quite good and the prices reasonable. It's a bit dark and subdued, but fairly quiet.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere