“Never guess from the outside” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
MapleWood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 121 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Ave
Transit: The Vienna metro is a 5 minute cab ride to the restaurant.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Never guess from the outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great little restaurant! A bit cramped but not out of line with most these days. The piano is a nice touch. The food was very good, delivered to the table hot and timely. The menu is great with a range of seafood and meat dishes, but the specials every night mean it is not a place you will tire of. The wine list is very ordinary but the do have a reasonable corkage fee of $20. Good place for a couple or friends.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vienna, Virginia
“A very nice neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Maplewood Grill is a very nice place to go for an upscale meal without all the pretensiousness of some other restaurants. The steaks are excellent and the wiener schnitzel is the best! There is a piano bar with entertainment and a good selection of beers and wine. Service is well above average.

• Visited August 2012
Washington, D.C,
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food/piano bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My mom and I had dinner one evening and were pleasantly surprised by excellent food and fun entertainment. Enjoyed one of their flatbreads as an appetizer and scallops as an entree. They are very accomodating, no fuss over sharing the entree, and the staff are so pleasant. Once the pianist started playing, my mom moved to one of the stools around the piano where I joined her and we sang many memorable tunes late into the evening. Everyone having a lovely night out, I'd recommend it highly.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Great, Friendly Atmosphere; Food Was Mostly Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I went there last week for a girls' night out. The atmsophere was perfect. We had a round table that was a perfect size for us to have ample room to eat but was small enough to hear each other! Everyone who worked here was very friendly, and we enjoyed the background music from the pianist (though we never actually saw him). The drinks were very good, and most of the food was too. The crab poppers were as good as everyone said they are! I ordered a lobster roll and it was very good (though as a native New Englander, I must admit the ones from Maine are definitely better!). The cole slaw was fine too. The only thing that was a huge disappointment was the potato salad. I don't think I've ever tasted a worse potato salad in my life! It was watery with a vinegary taste! For dessert, I got the candy bar dessert and that was great. So, overall, 4 out of 5 ain't bad! It was definitely an expensive night (my bill came to almost $80 with tip). But we all had a great time, and I really look forward to going back again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Spot to Wine and Dine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My wife and I stopped in at this restaurant before we went to a show at the Wolf Trap, which is right down the road from this place. We only stopped in for a few drinks and appetizers but we had a really good experience. The decor and layout of this restaurant gave a very intimate and pleasant atmosphere. We received excellent service from the bartenders and they were very friendly. We had flat bread, which was delicious, and we got the appetizer "Shrimp and Crab Poppers". If you go to this place you have to get this item. It was amazing! Next time we go down to Wolf Trap for a show we will defiantly stop back at this place!

• Visited June 2012