“Artistic and different” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Maple Ave Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Globally influenced American cuisine in the heart of Vienna, VA.
Virginia
“Artistic and different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very exciting and high quality dishes in a very small space. Each dish is local and is the creation of the chef – not just another restaurant with the same dishes as everyone else. Very fresh and creative. A bit cramped and sparse in the dining area. Our lunch came to over $60, so this is not an inexpensive lunch.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Julia C

Mc Lean
“Tiny Restaurant with Adventurous Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Since my first visit to this restaurant last summer, I've tried to get a reservation on the fly and have been unsuccessful, much to my sorrow. However, there is now a remedy - Maple Ave has opened up a 'bistro' of sorts in the back of the restaurant - same menu, but no reservations - first come, first served. And you thought the front of the restaurant was bare bones! But we don't go there for the atmosphere - its the interesting and always delicious menu that draws the crowds. We had mussels that were plump, juicy and delicious, mac and cheese that tasted like mother used to make and the most beautiful beet salad - a delight to the eyes and palate. We shared a bread pudding dessert and french press coffee. This meal was a winner from beginning to end. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Five Star Food - In Sparse Surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I dined the Friday after the New Year. The excellent food preparation and creative menu (although limited) excited and danced on our palates. My husband ordered a dish of beef prepared much like an Osso Bucco. I enjoyed the scallops on risotto. We shared a dessert that seemed to be a type of sherbert that was delightful and creative. If having dinner it is better to sit on the left side of the restaurant as the lights glaring in the window from Magruder's grocery store can be blinding on the right side. I would recommend that the owners consider some type of creative covering that would greatly soften the atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC
“Good, but not as great as I thought it would be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had high expectations for this restaurant mostly because of the reviews I read here and because its on multiple "best restaurant" lists in the NoVA/DC area.

The service is great and the dishes are imaginative and are presented well. The atmosphere of the restaurant itself is very bare bones--nothing fancy here. I took my mother here for her birthday and her first reaction was "that looks like a hole in the wall." I'm not huge on ambiance, but if you're looking for a place with atmosphere this is not it.

I've eaten here twice and have tried three separate main dishes (beef cheek, Moroccan chicken, and a chicken and wasabi sandwich off the brunch menu) . The chef really likes herbs to the point where I'd say the dishes were over-herbed. All three tasted like they had been dunked in fennel. Also the meat wasn't that great--very fatty. On the flip side their chocolate dumplings are literally to die for. I could eat those every day until I die.

• Visited December 2012
Oakton, Virginia
“Delicious Creative and wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The menu is always eclectic and delicious. I have always enjoyed the unique meals and combinations of flavors. Theonly thing lacking here is atmosphere. For the price of the food - $15 - $20 lunch entrees - $25 - $40 dinner entrees you would expect a much nicer atmosphere but this is a old run down shack, Again the food is awesome so if you don't mind this it is fine but I think they would do so much better in a larger more upscale location.

Visited December 2012