“Acceptable for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Maple Ave. W, Vienna, VA 22180   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Vienna
Jacksonville, Florida
“Acceptable for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is acceptable for the price. Although tub faucet and the toilet tank leaked, the room was reasonably clean and in good condition. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave. The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory except the coffee was barely warm. The front desk agents were friendly and professional except for the agent at the desk on our check out date. The Metro station is only about one mile from the hotel. Overall, for the price, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Concrete stairs in need of repair. Old and beat up property. Clerk wanted to charge me $20 extra for first floor. The hotel was not even close to 1/4 full. Windows so dirty I couldn't see outside. Towels and pillow cases so old that they were falling apart and grey in color. Breakfast consisted of cereal in dispensor next to entrance door on a tiny table. Only nice thing was 2 complimentar bottles of water in the room. Stay away from Mexican restur next door. Cold food. Bugs in beer. Poor service.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VWTH22180, General Manager at Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review for the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel. I'm so sorry your experience left you somewhat disappointed. We do have an older property and are working on improving the conditions of the property. While it may be dated it is safe and clean property. We are a three story property without elevators, which is why we price our rooms accordingly depending on floor preference. Guest at times booked our least expensive room online, which may be on the 3rd floor due to the walk up.The price difference is $5 to $6 per floor depending on the room type and what floor the room may be on. We are very kind to our guest and are always serious of their comments and concerns. We have 116 rooms at our property and if any of our guest are not satisfied with their rooms we always go out of our way to ensure that the guest is satisfied with their accommodations. Our breakfast is Continental and consist of more than just cereal, we have bagels to toast, muffins, cinnamon rolls, oranges, fresh fruit, coffee and hot water for tea. Again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will consider returning back to the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel the next time you are in the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is an older one and needs some repair work before I would increase it's rating. It was a place to sleep and shower during my stay. I did like the rates, especially combined with the Senior discount. I would have been very disappointed had I paid their normal rate for what I got.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room, there are no elevators for guests.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Katy, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Last minute decision to stay in Vienna. The room was older, but clean. Good location for getting around the whole area. Didn't expect much, so we were well satisfied. Don't recomend the Mexican restaurant next door.

Stayed July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a good, clean hotel.
Safe area.
Good location - pretty close to a transit station.
Big parking lot.
Nice restaurants across the street.
Great price.
Polite enough staff.
Decent breakfast.
Had to go up lots of stairs to the room - not a big deal for a younger couple like my girlfriend and I - but just a heads up.
Nice trees and stuff... good vibes.
Would stay here again.
Free Wifi - Wifi was quick.
Once again, would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel had good reviews on line. When I called to make reservations, the Manager said the hotel was a nice place to stay. We had friends visiting from the UK and were going to Feline Center at Wolf Trap for a concert. I took the reviews and the managers advise and booked the rooms. We arrived, it is a dump and should not be able to be rented to humans. Both rooms had a nasty musty smell and they were suppose to be non-smoking. The ceilings had bad water marks on them, the other clientel were loud obnoxious drunks!
The only good thing to this place...each room had a microwave and fridge, but not enough for anyone human to rent at the hotel. ;-(

Room Tip: Do not rent at this hotel....ever!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently traveled to Vienna Va. I booked my lodging on line. BIG MISTAKE! The online site advertised a pool and restaurant in the hotel. There was neither. Decided to stick it out anyway.

After a day of looking around the area I returned to the hotel to retire for the evening. To my surprise I had bugs in my bed! Yes...that's what I said....BUGS...crawling on the sheets and walls.
When I reported this to the office and told them I was checking out I was not even refunded my money...guess they need it for an exterminator! Do not stay here.

Room Tip: No good rooms here. Go to The Comfort Inn!
Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel? Share your experiences!