“Return visitor to Wolftrap” 5 of 5 stars

Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   430 Maple Ave. W, Vienna, VA 22180   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Vienna
Riga
“Return visitor to Wolftrap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a frequent customer of the Wolf Trap and have stayed there multiple times. It is a clean, safe, motel in an outstanding location in the middle of Vienna. It is not new and it is not fancy. If you want that, pay $230 a night and stay somewhere more upscale. Do not book a budget option and expect the Ritz. For my part, I will continue to look for value for my dollar and stay here. The staff is friendly and helpful and has been great in providing advice on finding things around the DC area. Vienna is a nice walkable town with many restaurants, grocery stores and bike trails in the immediate vicinity. The Wolf Trap is a winner if you are looking for a decent place to stay without breaking the bank.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

have stayed there several times over the years/this is very close to the metro and is so easy to get there. we use it everytime we want to visit dc/room is dated but clean with coffee maker,micro,and fridge in room.didnt bother with provided breakfast because we knew it would be minimal but ate every morning in room using the micro. as an older female i felt very safe at night as it is in a nice area. altogether an economical,clean place to stay/very quite also

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here on a weekend trip to DC. It was very clean with newly updated linens and a new fridge and microwave in room. It is about an half an hour to DC and for the price it was perfect. The hotel was quiet and the room was a good size. The breakfast consists of bagels (with cream cheese and jelly), donuts, fruit, orange juice, and coffee- so nothing spectacular but not too terrible either. For the price it was a great value and we will stay here again. Also, the restaurant next door was VERY good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Plainview, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this motel in June to save a few dollars and it definitely not worth the savings. I was in Vienna for a family emergency not on vacation so I was looking for a reasonable place to stay. Though the price was cheap it was not worth it. Let's start with the breakfast. You have a choice of a bagel or donut. There isn't even a place to toast the bagels. It would have been nice to have the option of atleast a piece of toast. My daughter only drinks water which shouldn't be a hard thing to get at a breakfast. She had to get her water from the bathroom faucet. When I asked if they had a pitcher of water they said no.

As for the room, it was disgusting. There were holes in the walls, the bathroom looked like it was never cleaned, and the carpeting was gross to walk on. The towels were very thin and small. It was just large enough to wrap my hair after I got out of the shower. The beds were ok but the pillows were so flat. Even 2 pillows were not enough to sleep on. I am glad my daughter brought her pillow from home so I could take 1 of hers. It didn't even seem like housekeeping cleaned the room during the day. It just looked like a couple of things were moved by the bathroom sink and that they made the beds. Everything else still seemed how I left it in the morning. For example, I had ironed my clothes in the evening and left the iron out. When I came back to the room at the end of the day the iron was still sitting by the bathroom sink with the cord unravelled.

There also was barely any light in the room. Some of the light bulbs were out and the ones that weren't gave off barely any light. If I was able to give this motel a lower score I would. I know the saying is you get what you pay for but I don't think I even got that much. The only think good about the place is the location. My suggestion, stay away.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

At first I had my doubts, place looked like a dormitory. We were on a motorcycle trip running low on fuel and found the Wolf Trap by chance. I was surprised after checking in our room. It was weathered but clean. If you are used to 5 star, go on down the road. It served our needs great, place to shower, get a good nights sleep, and catch the Metro into DC to tour the city.Metro station is a mile away, easy walk, jump on and your in DC in 30 min or so. Good pizza across the street at Joes, good smoothies at Red Mango.

Room Tip: Try to get first floor, we were on third with no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the corner room by the breeze way on the ground floor. That was a mistake. The maids pushing their carts sounded like they were coming through the walls. There are some very obvious signs of the flooding. The facing was coming off the door inside the bathroom. The flooring in the bathroom was buckled up.The bath tub had chips knocked out of it. The carpet outside the bathroom had been wet and yucky at some point. Someone had tried very poorly to do a repair job. Compared to the hotel we stayed in the night before this room was very small. It said it had high speed internet. If it was high speed I wouldn't want any slower. Reception was really poor for a fairly new laptop. It definately needed updating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
VWTH22180, General Manager at Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Sharon A.,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. While our property is dated, we do strive to provide clean accommodations. We are working on renovating areas of the hotel and I do hope that the next time your are in the Vienna area you will consider staying with us a second time.

Leo Rodriguez
Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stay at the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel when we go up to the DC area. It is nothing special....kind of like a 1950's motel but it is very clean and quiet and the price is very reasonable. Good location near Metro and major roads. Staff is always polite and helpful and the continental breakfast they have in the mornings is good.
It's not like staying at The Fairmont or anything, but it sure is a lot less expensive......

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel? Share your experiences!