“Worst motel possible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Vienna
Plainview, NY
“Worst motel possible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this motel in June to save a few dollars and it definitely not worth the savings. I was in Vienna for a family emergency not on vacation so I was looking for a reasonable place to stay. Though the price was cheap it was not worth it. Let's start with the breakfast. You have a choice of a bagel or donut. There isn't even a place to toast the bagels. It would have been nice to have the option of atleast a piece of toast. My daughter only drinks water which shouldn't be a hard thing to get at a breakfast. She had to get her water from the bathroom faucet. When I asked if they had a pitcher of water they said no.

As for the room, it was disgusting. There were holes in the walls, the bathroom looked like it was never cleaned, and the carpeting was gross to walk on. The towels were very thin and small. It was just large enough to wrap my hair after I got out of the shower. The beds were ok but the pillows were so flat. Even 2 pillows were not enough to sleep on. I am glad my daughter brought her pillow from home so I could take 1 of hers. It didn't even seem like housekeeping cleaned the room during the day. It just looked like a couple of things were moved by the bathroom sink and that they made the beds. Everything else still seemed how I left it in the morning. For example, I had ironed my clothes in the evening and left the iron out. When I came back to the room at the end of the day the iron was still sitting by the bathroom sink with the cord unravelled.

There also was barely any light in the room. Some of the light bulbs were out and the ones that weren't gave off barely any light. If I was able to give this motel a lower score I would. I know the saying is you get what you pay for but I don't think I even got that much. The only think good about the place is the location. My suggestion, stay away.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

At first I had my doubts, place looked like a dormitory. We were on a motorcycle trip running low on fuel and found the Wolf Trap by chance. I was surprised after checking in our room. It was weathered but clean. If you are used to 5 star, go on down the road. It served our needs great, place to shower, get a good nights sleep, and catch the Metro into DC to tour the city.Metro station is a mile away, easy walk, jump on and your in DC in 30 min or so. Good pizza across the street at Joes, good smoothies at Red Mango.

Room Tip: Try to get first floor, we were on third with no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the corner room by the breeze way on the ground floor. That was a mistake. The maids pushing their carts sounded like they were coming through the walls. There are some very obvious signs of the flooding. The facing was coming off the door inside the bathroom. The flooring in the bathroom was buckled up.The bath tub had chips knocked out of it. The carpet outside the bathroom had been wet and yucky at some point. Someone had tried very poorly to do a repair job. Compared to the hotel we stayed in the night before this room was very small. It said it had high speed internet. If it was high speed I wouldn't want any slower. Reception was really poor for a fairly new laptop. It definately needed updating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
VWTH22180, General Manager at Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Sharon A.,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. While our property is dated, we do strive to provide clean accommodations. We are working on renovating areas of the hotel and I do hope that the next time your are in the Vienna area you will consider staying with us a second time.

Leo Rodriguez
Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stay at the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel when we go up to the DC area. It is nothing special....kind of like a 1950's motel but it is very clean and quiet and the price is very reasonable. Good location near Metro and major roads. Staff is always polite and helpful and the continental breakfast they have in the mornings is good.
It's not like staying at The Fairmont or anything, but it sure is a lot less expensive......

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The room was dark a musky smelling. Mattress on the bed was like sleeping in a hammock covered in plastic wrap. Mattress cover had a plastic wrap on it that caused me to sweat all night Floor squeaked

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed here just one night over the summer. The room was very run down inside, old furniture, dirty/torn carpet, and outdated bathroom. This really caught me by surprise since the price wasn't cheap compared to other brand-name hotels.There really wasn't a front office; it was more of a converted motel room with a computer and desk. The free breakfast consisted of stale donuts and bagels, with some watered-down coffee and OJ.

One saving grace was that the rooms were at least clean and the "front desk" folk were nice.

The room rate was ridiculous for the quality of the hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
wolftrap22180, General Manager at Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review for the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel. I'm sorry your experience left you somewhat disappointed. Our staff here takes pride in their work and while our property is a little dated, like you stated we do provide clean and comfortable rooms and the location of our property cannot be beat. During your stay we were under construction as we were remodeling our new Lobby/Front Desk which is adjacent to our new Breakfast area . I was glad to hear our staff treated you kindly; we do take all comments and concerns seriously and will work to improve our breakfast selection in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will consider returning back to the Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel the next time you are in the area.

Thanks,

Leo Rodriguez
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

There's a shortage of decent budget accommodation in the metro DC area, and the Wolf Trap is a good choice if you're on a budget. It's about a mile from Vienna Metro station which takes about 40 minutes to downtown DC (and the all day parking does now accept non-US credit cards on exit).
The Wolf Trap itself is a typical 70s motel, with external corridors on 3 floors, but generally quite well maintained. There's a fair bit of traffic noise from Route 123, but it's acceptable, and as the only heating is through the room a/c units, if arrive late on a cold or snowy night (as I did), the rooms can be cold, but soon warm up reasonably well. Breakfast is simple (bagels, donuts and fruit) but adequate and included in the rates. The high speed internet access works OK and is free but sometimes needs resetting by reception to work. And there's a terminal in reception at which you can print off airline boarding passes, etc.

Room Tip: Those furthest away from the road will be quietest (but they may not spot a request on your booking...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel? Share your experiences!