“would'nt stay again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vienna
north east
“would'nt stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here for the final night of our holiday, the location was great, only 1 mile from the metro station with trains going into Washington DC. Also only about 20 mins from Dullas Airport wher we were flying out of.
The hotel was tatty at the best. Laminate broken off the doors, tape on window cracks and towels like sandpaper. There were cigarette burns on the bathand everything was very worn. It was clean
, we checked the sheets and pillows. We did stay only because we couldnt find anything else nearby. We really wished we had researched the location before leaving the UK.
It was probably a nice hotel in the 70s, shame it hasn't been looked after as the location is great

Room Tip: Dont'stay
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Forest, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

In all honesty, we actually didn't stay. The exterior was run-down and a bit sketchy, but we decided to try the room. I've easily stayed in over 100 hotels in my life and have NEVER seen one in this state! Room odor, holes in the walls, floor "spongy" to walk on, mold in bathroom (that had signs of flooding/water damage), it was absolutely gross! I looked as close as I did out of morbid curiosity. My wife said the odor of the room lingered in her nose for some time after we left. Much to their credit, the office staff were friendly and never questioned our room refusal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Vineland, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I was visiting Washingon DC for spring break, and wanted a hotel that was cheap and not crowded, and I found it. This hotel was very well priced, but it wasnt very convinient. There was alot of traffic due to construction ( i know is not the hotels fault) so it took us twice as much to get to the hotel. The room was very clean, and big. My boyfriend with a wheelchair was very confortable and was able to move around, even though it was a regular room (they only have 1 handicap accesible room). He also took his Service dog with him and they were very accomodating to that as well. The "continental breakfast" wasnt much but bagels and donuts from Dunkins with coffee, tea and juice. I did not eat breakfast because when i got there there wasnt much left (breakfast was from 6-10 am). Overall I wiuld stay here again, but I would find out if there is any construction going on at the time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

Before I booked this hotel I read reviews on a few different sites. The consensus was the hotel serves it's purpose - a place to sleep. The non-smoking room smelled like an old room someone had smoked in. I believe the smoke seeps through the badly insulated walls. It's not overpowering though. The walls have holes and bad patching jobs all over. The lighting in the room is bad. The heater worked a little too well so I had to turn it down to 60 to keep the room comfy. The bathroom was surprisingly clean. It appeared cleaner than the room actually. I would recommend this hotel of you aren't interested in very many amenities and just want to sleep. Its in a great town but on a busy intersection. I would suggest ear plugs.

• Stayed April 2011
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I should have known better and just kept on driving when I saw this place, but I needed a place to stay and checked in. I checked into a room with one queen bed and immediately realized the error of my decision. The room was filthy. The hotel is run down, and disgusting. The room had a huge stain on the floor, the bathroom was disgusting. After turning on the lights and heater I had to wash my hands to wash the filth off of me. I immediately turned around and informed the front desk clerk that I would not be staying at their establishment. He actually charged me for the room saying because I washed my hands, I had "used" the room. Most expensive hand washing ever, but better than staying one more minute in that place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Room was not very clean, and needed renovation. Toilet door would not close all the way, and thge toilet was missing the lid of the seat. B'fast did have a few bagels and donuts, but coffee was just not forthcoming; the tableclothe looked liked it had been months since it was cleaned. This was the least breakfast I have ever seen with any motel that advertises breakfast included. Be advised that it is far from DC via car and Metro is further than a walk. The price point is a little higher than "all-suites" in Herndon, and those include fantastic breakfasts, and nice and clean rooms. Not sure what motels other reviewers are used to, but this motel's only positive is that it is in Vienna, if you want to be in Vienna, VA

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I arrived at this hotel using the transit system. I got off at the Vienna station and planned to walk but there was a cab there so i grabbed it at $7.65. Got to check in room (their front desk is not quite ready yet) got checked in and staff was very friendly with recommendations as to where to eat in the area (I'm a vegetarian). When I got to the room its not exactly what I expected for the price (under $80) it was actually very clean! The room had everything I needed. The breakfast was good as well bagels, coffee, juice, and fruit. Great free wi-fi. I recommend this hotel for anyone who wishes to save a few dollars visiting DC. I was worried about the location and the name of the hotel but the area is great, very suburban with lots of restaurants within walking distance.
I would like to single out Sam and Jeff for their fabulous customer service at this Motel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel? Share your experiences!