“Impressive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Hot Springs

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Hot Springs to your Saves list
Motel 6 Hot Springs
541 Indianapolis Avenue, US 385/US 18 at Indianapolis Avenue, Hot Springs, SD 57747   |
Special Offer
3 X's THE DISCOUNTS!!!!!!
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Hot Springs
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I must admit that I had my doubts about staying here. After having several bad experiences at budget priced motels about 20 years ago (none of them were Motel 6), I have been avoiding them entirely and staying at moderately priced chains. I took some friends visiting from the east coast to Mt. Rushmore recently, and needed a place to stay over night before heading back to Colorado. According to TripAdvisor, Motel 6 Hot Springs is the highest rated motel in the area, so I took a chance.

Feeling some anxiety walking into the building, I was quickly put at ease by how bright and clean the lobby was. My friends and I received a very friendly greeting by Elizabeth at the counter, and she made us feel very welcome. We proceeded to our separate rooms and were absolutely amazed. The rooms were completely spotless, no carpet stains, no peeling wallpaper, bathrooms and tubs shining, everything like new. Even the beds were quite comfortable.

Okay, you don't receive lotions, shampoo, hair dryers, irons, alarm clocks, and mints on the pillow, although you can borrow some of these items at the front desk. But for a very reasonable rate per night, this place is a gem.

If you are looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay for a night or two, I absolutely recommend the Motel 6 at Hot Springs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We hope that your travels bring you back this way again!

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This property was a great surprise! The staff were very friendly and helpful and our room was clean. The decor inside the room was dated but I'm more interested in clean! The pool area was also clean and the pool was the right temperature. And the price was right! I recommend this motel without hesitation. The only thing keeping me from giving it an "excellent" mark is that the bed were a bit soft for my liking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Each person at Motel 6 Hot Springs takes pride in their work. We do strive to give each guest the best experience possible. We appreciate your stay and we hope that your travels will bring you back this way in the future!
Morrison, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel was a very nice, clean and inexpensive. The rooms were a nice size including the bathroom which is not very usual in a hotel. The only thing you should know is there is no hair dryers or shampoo in any of the rooms. You can ask for them at the front desk, but the hair dryers are a limited number, which wasn't a big deal when we stayed. It could be though if you traveling during a busy season. Nice size T.V.'s in the room and high up so, if you have little ones no accidents. The fridge and microwave worked great and were very clean. The staff was very helpful and so nice. We checked late on Friday and it was pretty packed, but the gentlemen, (wish I could remember his name) found us a room with twin beds, but he wasn't sure if we could stay there for the next night. We checked with him early next morning and he worked on us being able to stay and not move, which was great traveling with little ones. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I especially appreciate that you recognize our pricing is lower. As you also mentioned, we do not put amenities in the room. One way that Motel 6 can keep its pricing lower is because we do not put amenities in the room. At Motel 6 Hot Springs, subject to availability, we have certain items at the front desk for our guests to use if they need. We also have certain items (such as toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, lotion) available for sale at the front desk if our guest has a need. With our 24 hour desk service, one need only contact the front desk at any time a situation arises. Thank you again for choosing Motel 6 Hot Springs. We hope your travels bring you back this way in the future!
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I strongly recommed staying here while in the Black Hills of South Dakota or traveling through!! I was traveling with my two sons 7 & 2 and this was a great place! They were friendly and the cost of a room was UNBEATABLE! The TV's were high enough they couldn't reach them, the bathroom had a slight tub for my youngest and a pool. Even though we went down to Evans Plunge to swim, which I also highly recommend. The greatest part of our stay was the fact that they let me check out late so that I could take my boys to Evans Plunge and still come back to clean up and hit the road again!!! I greatly appreciated that!! Even though the cost of a room is super low that DOESN'T reflect on the inside! All nice & newer decor, carpet, bathroom & etc!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Hopefully your travels will bring you back this way again.
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're planning on spending some time in the Black Hills of South Dakota, I strongly recommend you consider the Motel 6 which is located near the Mammoth Site. The General Manager, Marilyn, is extremely friendly, very helpful, and knows the Hills. She can help you find the big attractions, and the small, out of the way places. Her motel is a three story hotel with fine, clean, comfortable rooms. I was in a room next to a couple with a very rambunctious little girl. I only heard them when I was with them in the elevator. I've done a great deal of traveling, and Marilyn's Motel Six is in my top ten places to stay, out of all the many motels I've used. Now that it is Spring, and traveling is back in style, you would get the best value at the Motel 6 in Hot Springs. When you go there, tell Marilyn I said hello. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We enjoy the opportunity to visit with our guests and to give them any assistance they may need. We look forward to the time your travels bring you back this way!
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited Motel 6 on January 29, 2013. There was an unexpected snow storm so I was stranded.
I only had less than 1 hour to go to Rapid City but with white out conditions, I was unable to proceed. And to top it off, it was my birthday. Fortunately I found a room at Motel 6 in Hot Springs. Carrie, the front desk attendant was so friendly, professional and inviting and made what could have been a bad birthday into a pleasant one. She was so sweet and accommodating. I would highly recommend a stay here due to the wonderful service they provide.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. Each of us enjoy serving our guests. We urge each guest to contact the front desk if a problem arises. If there is a way we can help, we are delighted to do so. The payback is awesome comments from people like you! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed there last year for two nights while visiting Mount Rushmore and on my way to Yosemite. Clean and everything worked. Staff friendly and cooperative. No shampoo in the room, but available upon request at the desk. Good value with friendly staff. Very close to Mammoth Site.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marylin B, General Manager at Motel 6 Hot Springs, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to see you again this year.

Been to Motel 6 Hot Springs? Share your experiences!