“Worst Food and Service EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars

310 S Chicago Street, Hot Springs, SD
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Worst Food and Service EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The only thing Prime about this restaurant is the location.

We were driving through the town on our way to wind cave parks and spotted what looked like a nice clean place to eat. We walk in and get seated and then we wait........and wait...........and wait.......and wait, Finally I walked to the hostess and asked her if our server even knows we are here to take a drink order. She looks at me and says "OK let me go get somebody", and runs off. I watched the poor girl go back and fourth through the restaurant and finally some young boy who didn't look like he should be legally working takes our drink order. We get our drinks and our waitress comes to take our order. We don't see her again until half of our tables food comes out. She said the cook is backed up so he said to drop off what he already cooked so it doesn't get cold. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! My brother and I sat and watched our wives eat a lousy salad (NO VEGETARIAN OPTIONS) and a flat burger while we waited for our shrimp. Not exactly worth waiting for. They were so small and the waitress didn't even bring the dipping sauce until I walked to the beverage area where she was talking to her co workers to tell her I would like to eat my shrimp with sauce and maybe if she could take the time to refill our drinks.

All in all the food was overpriced for the quality and the service was horrible.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hot Springs, South Dakota
“Central Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

has very good food but way to expensive for my taste expect to go there a spend at least $9.00 a person without a drink. Service is good but watch out for the owners wife...

Visited February 2013
Harrison, Nebraska
“Decent ears in Hot Springs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had the Chicken Ranch sandwich.
Very nice South Dakota style atmosphere. Lots of log decor.
My sandwich was good, but my friends Fried Chicken Salad looked better. I should have bought that.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Variable quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have eaten at the All Star probably 8 to 10 times. Sometimes the food and service was very good, and other times just so-so. One time the service was awful - reportedly due to staff shortages. All Star used to be open every day, so it could be counted on. Now they are closed two days a week (call first before you go), or even longer breaks around holidays. This reduction of hours has proven to be a nuisance. While food is usually OK, it is a little on the pricey side for a small café. There is an attached sports bar area that appears to be nice. Bottom line: competent when it's open.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Your average small town diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Hot Springs while visiting Custer State Park and surroundings.

Both times we stuck to the hamburger which was prepared correctly, good French fries and average coleslaw.
The food was not super but more than good enough and better than we have had in higher rated places.
The only issue we see with the place is that it can get dry crowded here when the other options in Hot Springs are closed and it seems that the waiting staff is not that good.
The first night we were a bit forgotten until we ourselves made them aware of our presence.
The second night, they forgot the side dish and only brought it out after asking for it twice.

But all in all, I still think I would go back here.