“Christmas stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Hot Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“Christmas stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

nice little hotel. breakfast with scrambled eggs was good. a lot of the hotels just give you a lot of carbs. was nice to have the eggs. non smoking room smelled a slight amount from old smoke. If not for that I would have probably rated in an excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for your comments. I will use your comments to improve our property. We are delighted that your stay was pleasant. Thank you for coming. We hope to have you back again soon. We wish you a safe and happy 2014.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stopped before noon by a snowstorm. Staff is exceptionally friendly, helpful. Concerned for our safety and comfort. Allowed an early check in. Shoveled a path out to our RV. Made sure we could plug in truck for easy start. Great wifi connections. Facility is immaculate and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Anne W.
Thank you for your kind comments. We thoroughly enjoyed having you both here. You were both a pleasure to have. I wish there were more people like yourselves. You both had a really rough day due to driving in blizzard conditions with a large R.V and upon your arrival you still had a pleasant disposition and were kind to the staff. Kudos to the both of you for that. I did pass along your tips and comments to those whom were here to make your stay that much nicer. They were very surprised and grateful to you for them. I wish you family a joyful holiday season. We also wish you the best of luck in your new home. If you get back to beautiful Hot Springs please stop in to see us. We would love to have you back again soon. Thanks for coming.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nicely renovated rooms, peaceful location and grounds leading to a walk along the scenic Fall River. Convenient to the Hot Springs VA Hospital and the beautiful southern Black Hills. Good family hotel. Smaller with a hometown feel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
We are so pleased to hear your stay here was friendly and comfortable. We Thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you back in beautiful Hot Springs very soon. We wish you a joyful holiday season. Thank you for stopping in.
Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We are diamond members of Best Western so received an upgraded room - a roomy suite with a hot tub. I'm not a fan of hot tubs in rooms but this one was in a good location, not too prominent. The couch and bed were comfortable but the recliner had definitely been well used. The manager was very helpful the next morning when our car needed some help getting started - it was extremely cold. We didn't realise there were outlets all along the outside of the hotel that we could have used to keep the battery charged. The rate for this room was very cheap considering the amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Tony B.
I am pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant. Thank you for your feedback. It was my pleasure to assist you with jumping your vehicle battery. I am happy that I was able to help and that it was not a major repair for you. We do have outlets along the entire front side of the building for cold weather hook up as I stated to you. Please feel free to use them or ask us for a extension cord if needed. I will use your feedback to ensure our future guests are comfortable. I wish you a happy holiday season. Thank you for coming and I hope to see you back again soon.
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Awful service. Front desk is rude. They charged my account on day one for DOUBLE of what we owed...they said it was an incidental charge..the hitel manager told me she could not change it that only corporate could. So i called corporate and they said only the hotel could do it. So i guess no one knows whats going on at best western!!! Pool was tiny...hot tub was cold. Beds are hardad a rock. Yuck. The whole experience ruined our holiday.

• Stayed November 2013
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Kelly,
I am so sorry I could not help you. I tried everything in my power to help you by coming from my home in to the hotel during my holiday meal preparation in an effort to help. Upon speaking with you and my desk clerk to find out what the issue was, I phoned our property help desk and our coprporate office customer care in an effort to inquire if there was some way that I could help. They both informed me there was nothing we could do to assist you in this problem because it was a financial institution issue.I advised you to call your financial institution in an effort to get them to release the funds. I really wish I could have done something to help you with the situation. I empathized with you in every way and did my ulitmate best to see if therre was anything I coud do and unfortunatly there was nothing I could do. When your reservation was booked it stated in the notes that you were advised that there would be an authorization hold on your account due to the fact that a debit card was going to be used. There is also a notice posted on our front desk. I tried to reverse the charges on or property management system and there is not a way once the authorization is completed that I can reverse it. I showed you the folio on the computer screen that showed we had not charged anything to your folio. l can not refund monies that we did not charge on our system.The standard proceedure with financial institutions is to hold the monies, then release upon checkout. I am sorry that the hot tub was cold. I spoke with maintenance and he informed me that someone in the hot tub had pushed to spa button too many times causing the spa GFI switch to trip. Upon that happening the spa heater shuts down as a safety feature. I am so sorry that your experience was poor. If I could be of any further assistance please contact me.
Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Booked a 4 nite stay while my husband was hunting. Came in after a 1200 mile drive with two 12 hour days of driving in a row and was very tired. The older lady at the desk, I think her name was Arlene, was very helpful and put us in a quiet room at the back of the hotel. Was very surprised how nice the room was and good sized. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean and the staff was very good. I don't normally tip cleaning staff, but did here as our room was very clean. The shower head was perfect and had lots of water in the spray and felt good after 2 long days of driving. Breakfast was in their dining room and was good with cereal, yogurt, English muffin, boiled eggs, make your own waffle, several types of donuts, hot coffee and juice. The next night an older man was on the desk and he provided a lot of good info about sightseeing. We needed a place to store our 6 large coolers while we were there (for transporting processed game back home) and the staff helped with that. It was close to Custer State Park and Wind Tunnel Park where we viewed Buffalo along the road and Antelope and lots of Prairie Dogs. Next day toured North of Hot Springs to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, etc. Overall, I would recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
We can not be happier that your stay was a great one. We thank you for coming during your hunting excursion. We were happy that we were able to help in storing your game and placing you in a quiet location. We thank you for taking the time to complete the survey on our property. I will pass on your comments to both Jeff and Arlene. Thanks again for the comments and we hope to have you back again for your next hunting trip.
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Would not recommend this place for 3 reasons: 1. Midnight pounding on our door by a random man 2. 13 quarter sized, bug bites overnight (still dealing with seeping wounds a week later) 3. The pool was pretty dirty/grimy looking. If you've no problem with the above issues, then go for it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I am so sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. We do take our guests safety and comfort seriously. We are always here to assist you with any problems that you may have. Please let us know there is an issue with someone banging on your door by calling the front desk at once. If we are not aware there is a problem, we can't fix it. We will handle it immediately once notified. There is someone here 24 hours a day to assist you. If I can be of any service further please feel free to call me at the hotel. Thank you for your comments.

Been to BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn? Share your experiences!