“Not a clean room.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Hot Springs
Left of Center
“Not a clean room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We found many black hairs in the shower (And many long black hairs and my husband has no hair, and he was the first one to use the shower ) and some broken crayons. And a leftover ring. It's like it was never touched after someone left. Close to attractions and a few places to eat. Just know most dining options close early. ;)

• Stayed July 2013
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I am so sorry about the hair in the tub. I have had some new staff in the housekeeping department. I have re-trianed the staff on cleanliness and held a meeting with all housekeepers to prevent this in the future. Thank you for your comments.

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Billerica, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have never written a review before but found the attitude of the front desk person "Sandy" and others so outrageously bad that I felt compelled to write.
When my room key did not work, I asked Sandy to reprogram the key. She went into a huff and said that the problem was mine and she did not want to reprogram the key unless my room mate was with me. I said my room mate was unavailable and I needed to get into my room. She huffed and puffed and reprogramed my key. When I politely commented that I would not stay at the facility again due to her attitude, she said "good".
When I got into my room there were no towels, so I called down to the front desk to get some. Someone came up with towels, knocked on the door and said "here are the towels for your room" in a very kurt way with, with no apology, The person acted as if I was putting them out by asking for towels.
I recommend that you do not stay at this facility due to the defective key system and the front desk's attitude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to apologize for the staff rudeness and lack of service. I have taken action against this person for her lack of service and poor attitude. Thank you for letting me know.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had trouble with the password they gave me to log onto my computer, as I went downstairs to ask for assistance, she finally told me it was the wrong password and gave me another key envelope and left.
The morning clerk was fine as I checked out as he was friendly. The older female clerk needs to find another job not dealing with people.
The continental breakfast was normal, but not enough seating, so sat outside in the nice weather. The tv was ok, just wish it was on an open table so you could move it to watch as you are on the desk working. I've had sliding shelves that made it so you could pull out the TVs.
Next stay in Hot Springs, I'll try another motel, as this was a lot of money for no more than motel 6.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
On behalf of our team i would like to apologize for the rude night clerk. I appreciate your feedback. I will take your comments and re-train my staff. Thank you.
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Dingy, dark, uninviting. Beds were extremely uncomfortable. Bathrooms were noisy and bright. Air conditioning was loud. Breakfast was a zoo with people all over the place and the staff was disorganized and slow. Check-in was unfriendly and slow. When we checked out, the desk person apologized for the bed saying many of the customers were complaining about the same thing. (I can't understand all the raving reviews....was this the same hotel?)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. If you could please give me more information on your stay so that I may address the issues. I attempted to look at your reservation and we do not have anyone under your name. Please contact me so that I may address your concerns. Thank you for your comments.,
Gurnee, Illinois, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was Road Trip Adventure, celebrating daughter's retirement !!!
Were directed to Wooley's for dinner..which lead to learning about the
Mammoth Site, after Wild Horse Santuary.(which is WHY we FOUND YOU.
Your rooms so welcoming, clean, ..and freshly presented..and
kind persons in your employ!! Your breakfast buffets GRAND..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them. I am so happy your stay here was a nice one. We hope to have you come again soon,
Price, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wow--what an experience! This hotel is a vacation by itself! Loved the grounds, pool, service and ammenities. The only place to stay when visiting Hot Springs. Will be back for sure. Would love to have stayed for a few more days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
deannaatbestwestern, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

Been to BEST WESTERN Sundowner Inn? Share your experiences!