I travel to Cincinnati a lot and have always gone for the Westin, but was unable to get in and found myself at the Cincinnatian. I was skeptical given prior bad experiences in other downtown Cincinnati hotels - but walked away feeling very good.
The Great Things:
1. Quiet. This was the quietest hotel stay I ever had at a downtown hotel, which is a critical thing for a light sleeper like myself.
2. The staff is incredibly focused on their guests in all areas (front desk, bar, operator, restaurant, valet).
3. Size of room. This just makes things seem even more cozy. I was very relaxed the entire time and slept great.
The only thing the Cincinnatian needs to focus on is renovations. There was wallpaper coming off the hallways and cracks that needed attention. I think a lot of this has to do with the age of the building, but depressed spots in the floors and updated furniture need to be addressed.
Overall I would stay at the Cincinnatian again and would highly recommend it to anyone. I know this is one of the preferred places for celebrities when visiting Cincinnati, and there staff makes everyone feel a little regal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, luxury boutique hotel built in 1882 and listed on the National Register of Historic places. Proud member of Hisotric Hotels of America and Preferred Hotels International, The Cincinnatian Hotel celebrates its 130th year this September. Boasting of a wide range of accommodations, this namesake hotel of Cincinnati is the perfect home away from home destination for those who want something simple or something grand. Call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cincinnatian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio