“Our first stay at the Cincinnatian Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Upgrade & FREE Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Hamilton, Ohio
“Our first stay at the Cincinnatian Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were downtown to attend a Reds game and stayed at the Cincinnatian Hotel for the first time. The Hotel Lobby is beautiful and the staff are very nice and helpful. The room was small however the bed was amazing ! Very comfortable ! We will be back to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thanks for the positive feedback. Our rooms definitely vary in size but the sleep quality should always be tops! Thanks again and hopefully another visit is in your future.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Cincinnati OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My son and I were looking for a hotel to attend a baseball game, and spend the evening downtown. While searching for rooms we discovered that almost all the downtown hotels had no rooms available that weekend. One of the few we were able to locate was in The Cincinnatian Hotel. I had stayed there before and had found it comfortable and nicely appointed; this time I did a double-take because the only rooms available were part of a "package" that seemed expensive, $500+ including taxes. Although pricey for Cincinnati, we decided to give it a try and found it to be not only a great room, but it also came with a lot of nice touches. The room was super-nice and had a phone / flat screen TV in the large bathroom. When we came back from dinner we found a small complimentary bottle of Prosecco in the room, and after the ballgame, chocolates with turn-down service. The package included "ballpark bucks," a breakfast voucher for the next morning, and complimentary valet parking. After adding it all up it seems like we were paying just a little bit more but getting a lot of value. I intend to go back sometime this fall - a very nice experience overall.

Room Tip: The only drawback on this hotel is the lack of a view. You are in an urban setting so there is some...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad to hear you are going to return to our hotel! Sadly, yes, there isn't much of a view. in 1882 we had a great view as the oldest hotel in the city but people came and built all around us. We must be popular. :)

We hope to welcome you back soon and we are very grateful for your comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Cincinnatian. Hotel staff was incredibly accomodating and nice. We went to have dinner in the main diningroom before a Reds game to discover it was a 7 course tasting menu that they were willing to rush for us. We decided that would be a waste of a very nice evening and ate a delicious quick dinner at the ajoining Cricket Bar/restaurant. Our grandson had brought microwave popcorn which they popped and delivered in a very fancy bowl. I gave them a 4 instead of a 5 because it took almost 30 minutes to get our car out of captivity and the sliding door to the toilet section of the bathroom would not close and it was not fixed during our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad the bar staff went the extra step with the popcorn. We find the little added extras help people really feel at home here. I hope you called down about the pocket door as we should send our engineer on site right up to the room to assist you.

Thank you again and we hope you return soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The lobby and people were helpful and very nice. From that point things went downhill from there.
Our room was a awkwardly arranged, bathroom door was broken, wall plate hung off the wall. I could spin it if I wanted too.
The restaurant was outrageously expensive. Poorly explained menu. example 90.00 dollars for 4 plates of fries,2 chocolate milks and 2 cokes. The entire bill was over 350. I asked for wine. I thought it was by the glass was not told I purchased the bottle. Very little choice o the menu. Chef's choice. What happened to my choice. I guess I made a bad choice all the way around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Cincinnatian hotel is a magnificent historic hotel in the heart of Cincinnati. We have stayed there many times. The last time we were in Cincinnati we tried a different hotel. It was nice, but lacked the beauty and character of the Cincinnatian.

Joe (sorry I forget his last name) at the front desk was charming and very helpful. All of the staff from the valets and housekeeping staff to upper management are friendly and very helpful. The rooms are immaculate and very warm and comfortable. The balcony rooms are the best!

Room Tip: Never had a bad room, but balcony rooms are wonderful. Jacuzzi room is fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Yes! Great review! Thank you so much. I will share this feedback with Joe. He will love it. He is such a great add to our hotel and never meets a stranger.
Please come back for another stay soon.

Mineral Ridge, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife Sonja and I were very pleased with our first stay in Cincinnati. We had daily breakfast at your restaurant to start each day, but your staff started our days with great service members like Phyllis who was always available to all of our dining needs. What a heartfelt smile she always wore, thank you, Phyllis for making our stay more warm and inviting. Then one morning she said, wait until tomorrow, George will be here! Not knowing what to expect, we came to breakfast mid morning to an impishly smiling George. With jokes and stories he filled our morning breakfast time with hearty laughter. Especially stories of Dustin Hoffman look alikes in his past and a story of a fifty wedding celebration he expected me to retell the next morning. I refused, he sort of scolded me but retold the same joke to another couple with the same results from people we has just met. Tina also offered warm inviting smiles and service in the dining area and beyond.
Happy Hour was another story to be told, Boz (Dave) filled us in on the Cincinnati scene that really help us freshman visitors. We got "happy" more than once with Boz at Happy Hours that some days were a meal in itself throwing in a couple drinks and food for less than $10.
When you feel like you're at home, it's a really nice feeling. from the yellow socked doorman to the driver that took us to and from the casino, We felt at home with genuine people at our side while we visited.
Thanks again,
David and Sonja

Room Tip: Inside with a balcony and seating looked rather inviting.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
David and Sonya,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have shared this with Phyllis, George and Boz. I just love it!
We hope you come back soon for another stay!

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a 130 year old hotel in the heart of downtown Cincinnati. Fantastic location and nice feel when you walk in the lobby. I was put in a room right by the elevator and when asked to be moved they gladly moved me. I was then put in a room that felt like an assisted living facility. Clearly the amenities for the room were for a handicapped guest. This would have been fine if I had not already been moved once. Again they very gladly moved me. The rooms are terribly dated and in desperate need of renovation. Blue carpet, peeling wall paper, Florescent dirty lights in bathroom. Very musty smell --- it was hard to sleep. If it were updated and refreshed I would have given more 'stars.'

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. All of our rooms are different and are renovated at different times. We have brand new rooms to show you if you would like to give us another shot. Please try it out and give us a second chance. As you can see in many of the other reviews we have some fun new rooms to offer. We pride ourselves on service and want you to be comfortable.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!