“Loved It” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Upgrade & FREE Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Sidney, Ohio
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We reserved 5 rooms and 3 of them were upgraded to much bigger rooms. It was the most beautiful and cozy room I have ever stayed in, can't wait to make a return visit. Everyone from the front desk, bellman, etc. were absolutely helpful, lots of smiles and answered any questions we asked about the hotel, ballpark and the city. We reserved their car services to take us to and from the hotel to the ballpark, that was a perfect way to get around (the drivers had a great sense of humor). It was also nice to have the services of the Horseshoe shuttle to and from the casino. With 9 people everyone could come and go and as they pleased. I have received emails from the other 4 couples thanking me for making reservations at the Cincinnatian. WHAT A GRAND PLACE TO STAY.

Room Tip: We went ahead of time and ask to look at several rooms, saw nothing I would complain about.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so glad you took advantage of the car services we offer. We feel that adds a nice, safe and fun way to get around the city. I hope your crew gets to come back for another fun weekend. Perhaps in the winter for ice skating, carriage rides and our gorgeous decorations for the holidays.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Let me start by saying that the only reason I'm writing this is to prevent another couple like my husband and myself from ruining a rare night out. I attempted to reach out to management prior to this review, but was unable to achieve resolution. (Though Mr. Pittman, the manager, responded to my email to ask when would be a good time to call me, he never followed through.) I've attached the email I sent to the Mr. Pittman, and hope that other couples benefit from our experience and do what we should've done -- book a room at the nearby Hilton Netherland.

---

To Whom it May Concern:

I'm writing this in hopes that it reaches management or someone who can assist me with my displeasure about our stay this past weekend. My initial reaction was to write a review on TripAdvisor or another social media site, but on second thought I hoped that reaching out to you might resolve the issue.

My husband and I have stayed at your hotel before and enjoyed our stay enough to count ourselves as return guests. We have two very young children (1 and 2), and I planned a special overnight -- our first away from our children, ever -- to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday this past weekend, 7/12/14. We knew it would be a busy weekend downtown, so I planned this overnight months ago, specifically choosing the Cincinnatian over other downtown hotels based on our prior visit and reputation. This was a big deal to us. A very special getaway for two tired parents.

I could not have been more disappointed with our stay. I paid nearly $400 for our deluxe whirlpool suite (229), expecting that we would be truly pampered by the room. We returned from the Reds game around 11:30 pm and attempted to fall asleep, but our bed might as well have been outside for how loud the room was. We were on the second floor facing the street -- which was a surprising location for a deluxe-level room, but we figured there must be sound-proof windows. We were wrong. We could hear everything ranging from drunken conversations to backfiring motorcycles. This continued until 2:00 am, when I called the front desk to request another room. The man I spoke to (I believe his name was Daniel), quickly informed me that there were no other options. He didn't offer any explanation, any apology, or any solution (ear plugs, etc). Furthermore, the air conditioning unit/fan in our room wasn't working properly, so our room was warm and lacking any white noise to drown out the street sounds, which continued the entire night. We checked out the next morning beyond exhausted and very, very angry at having spent an exorbitant amount of money on a terrible experience with little to no hospitality.

There is a difference between hearing a little street noise in your room and the amount of noise we experienced in the middle of the night. I'm not an unreasonable person, and I can't imagine I'm the first to complain about this -- we could literally hear entire conversations happening outside our window the entire night, and for a top-of-the-line hotel located downtown in a busy city, that is inexcusable. (Especially in a deluxe-level room.) Furthermore, I reached out to your staff for assistance and was offered none. I am hoping you can find a way to make this right, as I am so very sad and disappointed that our extremely rare opportunity to get away and celebrate was botched.

Jennifer

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I took a quick jaunt down to Cincinnati in the middle of a week-long anniversary getaway in Amish country. The Cincinnatian made us feel like royalty. We had to wait just a few moments for our room to complete cleaning from the previous guests, but were still inside and relaxing well before our official check-in time.

Officially we had a Whirlpool King, but it felt like a suite. Two beautiful loveseats at the end of our bed, a large room with a large flatscreen atop an expansive dresser. The blackout curtains were a wonderful feature for two people who regularly awake earlier than we’d like from the sunrise.

The bathroom was sublime. A large two-person jetted tub, which we normally would have camped out in our entire stay, were it not for the largest shower I’ve ever seen: Dual showerheads, with matching trios of vertical sprayers. This must be what it’s like to go through a car wash – I’m glad it’s not my water bill! I’ve never been so clean, or relaxed, in my life.

We paid over $300 for our room, but we got what we paid for.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Great Review!! Thank you so much. We are so glad to get you cozy, rested and CLEAN!!! :) Please come back for another visit soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Knowing there was a Jason Aldean concert at Great American Ballpark with 40,000 plus attendees and the 3 day Buckle Up festival along the banks of the mighty Ohio with another 40,000 attendees, I booked my room via Hotwire in March. Paid around $205. Normally on not such a high demand weekend, this hotel rates can be purchased from $199 and up . My Uncle bought his room here for same weekend but in May, and paid $399.
The Cincinnatian is a grand hotel, but not as nearly as nice as the Art Deco Hilton Netherland Plaza. Check in , valet as always are superb . Room was very large, with a king bed, couch, dining room table with chandelier , private balcony looking inward to the atrium. Huge bathroom , two person gigantic tub/shower. Very clean. Mini bar, room safe, iron, robes, umbrellas etc..
The room is a bit dated. Flat screen TV but no tV check out. Room keys are actual fancy metal room keys( nice touch). All in all a very nice stay. Valet was $28 a night and service was impeccable . If they would just update their rooms.. It would be a much better stay, however , the service you get here makes me come back.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your post!! It appears you had one of our Balcony rooms which are nice and big. I am glad you enjoyed it. We have many room types to offer so we are happy to show you some of our newest rooms as they have been updated. Slowly but surly we are renovating our rooms and we would be happy to have you stay in one the next time you visit us. All of our rooms are different.
We don't do the TV check out as we have real keys that we request you manually turn in or leave them in your room for housekeeping to retrieve.

I will pass your kind words on to our hardworking valet staff. I know they would appreciate your positive comments. Thank you again!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Room is so small and uninviting. Plumbing in the bathroom is off, volume on tv doesn't work, no fridge and worn carpets. I was excited about my little balcony to the inside of the hotel, but it's 2am and I can't sleep bc of the loyd voices. .cleaning staff of bar patrons? And what sounds like someone hosing the place down for the past 2 hours...its gonna' be a looong week :(

• Stayed July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Had a huge room. There was the bedroom with a king size bed, a sitting room and there was a dining table.
Things are a little dated including the bathroom.
On the whole, the experience was good. Only other item of note was that the room overlooked the inner bar/restaurant area rather than the outside. This meant it was a little noisy when there were people in the bar. The rendition of Happy Birthday was the most welcome thing at midnight after a long day.
However, would definitely stay again if I was back in Cincinnati.
Breakfast, off a menu, was good and reasonably priced for a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. The next time you travel with us we would be happy to show you a room that faces the exterior of the hotel. That way you can experience that side as well. Some people prefer the interior as many have balconies over looking the atrium and its a great way to listen to the jazz band. We hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The Cincinnatian is an absolutely wonderful place to stay if you are looking to stay in the downtown Cincinnati area! My husband, two children, and I stayed here for a couple nights last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is both beautiful and historic! Each and every staff member were very welcoming and amazingly kind! We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant each morning and were never disappointed! Every item that we tried on the menu was just delicious! The large, clean rooms, beautiful hotel, convenient location, delicious restaurant, and top-notch customer service made our stay an excellent experience! We can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
What a wonderful review. I am so glad your family had a nice stay with us. We truly hope you all can come back for another visit!! I will pass on your kind words to the staff of the hotel and restaurant!

Thank you!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!