“nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
London, Ohio
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great local hotel with upscale services, feel, without a botique price.
Service was very good, the room was very nice. You can tell everyrhing was a bit older, but no means was it worn or run down. I would say it gave off a "classic" vibe. I always prefer local hotels to the national chains, and the Cincinnatian is exactly why.
The location is great. You can walk everywhere dowrown.

The only hing I didnt like was no parking. It was valet only.

There is a public garage right around the corner. This could definitely save you a couple bucks andit is vry close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Brookville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband booked this room for my birthday, only because the restaurant on site had a chef table. I love this place and have been reminded to write a review only because I'm booking a room again since we'll be in town for a Bengals game.

We've stayed at some pretty nice places, but the Cincinnatian had everything I'd ever want in a room. Full luxury, amenities, fresh-baked cookies at turn down (seriously?!), coziness, and comfort. We even received a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries at no charge (though probably because we tipped the restaurant staff nicely for our experience there). No matter, I felt like a queen here.

Even though I sing their praises, I will say that the room seemed cramped for all the amenities and it was a real bummer that the atrium was indoors and not open-air. I liked the old school feel about it (you'll want to walk the marble stairs). Hate to report, but even though the kitchen staff had mad skills, once we left our Chef Table and joined the ranks, the appetizers that came out of the kitchen was microwaved and mediocre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Birthday Celebration with us! We appreciate guests feedback. We have many different types of rooms so on your next visit please request an "exterior" room so you can look out onto the city streets. We are in the process of transitioning to a new chef so we would love for you to return and try the new and improved menu.

Thank you again for your comments.

Jodie Fitzgerald
Assistant Hotel Manager
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Let me preface this review and say I used to come to to the Cincinnatian for Christmas Day brunch - which was excellent. I'm not sure how the restaurant is now, but if it's even half as good as I remember you won't be disappointed.

So I recently stayed here with my girlfriend for an evening away by ourselves in the city. It's proximity to many great metro area pubs and restaurants as well as the riverfront and banks development (easy walking distance) made for a great convenience.

The staff was super attentive and friendly, from the valet to the check-in, everyone was great. I definitely didn't have any complaints here.

The room however was a little different. I've read other reviews where apparently they are doing renovations - some got updated rooms while myself and others had rooms that were dated - wallpaper that was starting to peel in areas, rooms with old fashioned keys for the door, peeling paint in the bathroom etc. Nothing so egregious as to warrant a complaint, but not nearly the kind of majesty i was expecting. The overall feeling was just old. Other than that, the bed was comfy (i have a bad back, so i am very picky).

Would I go back? Yeah, probably. But I'd ask for an updated room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Slockwood, Manager at Cincinnatian Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We do appreciate guests feedback. I want to start by thanking you for your kind words regarding our staff. We strive to have top of the line service.
You are right in stating some rooms are newer then others and we hope that you do return so you can experience a renovated room. Please let me know the next time you are staying with us so we can remedy any negative opinions of the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Jodie Fitzgerald
Assistant Hotel Manager
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Service was excellent.

Room was very large but lacked natural light. It wasn't overly worn but it did appear quite dated (think brass and cornflower blue from the 80's). We got it on a travelzoo deal so could not complain for the price.

Mini bar prices were actually reasonable! Had drinks and snacks in the lounge - good. Room service for breakfast was also very good.

Loved the sink in the lobby bathroom!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a very comfortable room facing the inner courtyard. The valet staff was helpful with directions. It tooks us a bit to find at first as our directions took us to Vine but the entrance is on 6th. When we checked in we told them we had to leave shortly to make it back to UC for the Catwalk before the game and the valets were great and held our car on the street for us. Wish we had more time to try out the soaking tub but the shower was great.

Room Tip: When we came back on Saturday evening there was piano music in the courtyard until 11 pm. We enjoye...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here on a recent interview. It was a very classic style hotel. The entrance was unassuming and I wouldn't have known it was the hotel except my taxi driver told me that it was.

The lobby has an older style with classic embroidered sofas. There was a lounge in the lobby area that apparently has a good happy hour (wasn't able to check it out).

THe hotel gave real metal keys to their rooms which was quaint. They even had a real metal key for the mini bar. My room was on the 4th floor. It had a nice chaise lounge and I was told that all the rooms are slightly different.

My only complaint about the hotel was that the free wifi signal was pretty weak in my room and was barely usable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It is between the border of Ohio and Kentucky and close to the aquarium. Very good location to stay. In addition, there is a small park Piatt Park around. I have been traveling to here for 10h and it was really a good night

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!