“Dated but charming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Kitchener, Canada
“Dated but charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Service was excellent.

Room was very large but lacked natural light. It wasn't overly worn but it did appear quite dated (think brass and cornflower blue from the 80's). We got it on a travelzoo deal so could not complain for the price.

Mini bar prices were actually reasonable! Had drinks and snacks in the lounge - good. Room service for breakfast was also very good.

Loved the sink in the lobby bathroom!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Plymouth, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a very comfortable room facing the inner courtyard. The valet staff was helpful with directions. It tooks us a bit to find at first as our directions took us to Vine but the entrance is on 6th. When we checked in we told them we had to leave shortly to make it back to UC for the Catwalk before the game and the valets were great and held our car on the street for us. Wish we had more time to try out the soaking tub but the shower was great.

Room Tip: When we came back on Saturday evening there was piano music in the courtyard until 11 pm. We enjoye...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here on a recent interview. It was a very classic style hotel. The entrance was unassuming and I wouldn't have known it was the hotel except my taxi driver told me that it was.

The lobby has an older style with classic embroidered sofas. There was a lounge in the lobby area that apparently has a good happy hour (wasn't able to check it out).

THe hotel gave real metal keys to their rooms which was quaint. They even had a real metal key for the mini bar. My room was on the 4th floor. It had a nice chaise lounge and I was told that all the rooms are slightly different.

My only complaint about the hotel was that the free wifi signal was pretty weak in my room and was barely usable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It is between the border of Ohio and Kentucky and close to the aquarium. Very good location to stay. In addition, there is a small park Piatt Park around. I have been traveling to here for 10h and it was really a good night

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My stay was compliment from HorseShoe Casino. My third time staying at this hotel. Compared to other hotels in town ,The Cincinnatian always has rooms available, so easy to book. The room I received this stay was shocking! I will never believe that any other Seven Star guest would receive the same room. Room was right next to the service area (restaurant,etc.) very loud, uncomfortable bed, could not sleep. Slipped in the bathroom , floor was soaked from leaky sink. Hurt my thumb catching myself from the fall. I only asked that they fix the leak. Don't know if they did or not. Asked for early check in: NO. Asked for room on floor with ice machine : NO. They were not able or just unwilling to accommodate me in any way. Disappointing because I actually like the Hotel, and it is often my only choice. Just not the Seven Stars treatment I am use to or receive from other hotels in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Leesburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Beautiful historic hotel in downtown Cincinnati with all the modern conveniences of today. The staff is friendly and the hotel is very clean. We stayed in a junior suite (room 515) that I must say for a suite seemed pretty small; a bedroom and a large bathroom. The bathroom was absolutely wonderful with a heated whirlpool tub and awesome shower. The shower had a large rainfall shower head, 2 body shower bars, and a separate hand held shower; the shower was soooo powerful. This was absolutely the best shower I have ever experienced. The bathroom also included a flatscreen TV, a radio/cd player, and a telephone by the toilet. I must say they need to improve on their pillows; probably the worst pillows I have experienced in a hotel. They could take some lessons from some other prominent hotels and offer various types of pillows (e.g. soft, firm, feather, foam, etc.). Overall it is a great hotel. We have stayed here several times and will likely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great hotel and very friendly staff. Stayed here on a whim during a night out downtown. Will definately be back. Rooms are very large and comfortable. A historic hotel in the heart of downtown. Parking is easy if you use the valet. It is within walking distance to all ball parks and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!