We stayed at The Cincinnatian as a mini-getaway for my husband's birthday and had a very good time. The hotel is very conveniently located downtown. From it, we walked to Ruths Chris for dinner and to a Cyclones game (both on the riverfront). It sits adjacent to Fountain Square and is near some of the better Downtown shopping as well.
The Cincinnatian's staff are what make the hotel great - everyone we encountered was very friendly, attentive and helpful. In fact, I was already commenting on how friendly the staff was before we even got on the elevator right after check-in!
The hotel itself is a 19th-century structure that apparently went through an unfortunate makeover in the mid-80s and still has that 80's art deco theme going on. It would be so much nicer if it still had a turn-of-the-century feel to it. Still, the rooms are very spacious and well appointed (though I felt lost without an in-room coffee maker), the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean.
We had breakfast at The Palace Restaurant because we had an included $50 food voucher with our stay (Travelzoo deal) and it was very good. However it was probably not worth the $43 tab for eggs, potatoes and coffee for 2 people.
Regardless, it was a pleasant experience to stay and eat at this privately owned, boutique hotel and we would definitely return.
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, luxury boutique hotel built in 1882 and listed on the National Register of Historic places. Proud member of Hisotric Hotels of America and Preferred Hotels International, The Cincinnatian Hotel celebrates its 130th year this September. Boasting of a wide range of accommodations, this namesake hotel of Cincinnati is the perfect home away from home destination for those who want something simple or something grand. Call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Cincinnatian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.