“was an ok option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #15 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
maryland
“was an ok option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

had to make a quick trip to cincinatti..looked on trip advisors (as i always do) and made my selection..i don't necessarily think the rating was wrong, i simply had better expectations...thelocation appeared to be fine (didn't matter to me)..the bed was average at best (and that did matter to me)...the ambient noise coming from outside my room is a bit higher than the soundproofing could handle..

Room Tip: wherever you don't hear door slams
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

489 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel was just OK. The roome we stayed in looked NOTHING like any of the professional or traveler photos posted. So maybe our room was one that hasn't been updated since the hotel was built. I do believe it is possible for a hotel to have a dated look without the dated feel. This hotel looks and feels very dated- to the point it was inconvenient. We are getting married in Cincinnati and were going to use a block in this hotel for our guests. After staying here we won't use this hotel. The food was amazing and the staff was great. But we won't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Cincinnatian hotel has character, and makes a refreshing change from American hotel chains. Of course some rooms are more luxurious than others, but the beds are always comfortable and there are always comfortable towels, bath robes, and good toiletries. Importantly, the staff are very pleasant and attentive, without being intrusive or displaying fake friendliness. I also enjoy the atmosphere as well as the food and drink in the bar. I am a little mystified as to why the hotel does not provide coffee-making facilities in the rooms. As I live in the UK and come to the US for only a few nights, when I stay in the Cincinnatian, I tend to wake up very early, and even though there is coffee in the lobby from 5.30 am, it would be nice to be able to have a drink earlier. This is really the only aspect that knocks the hotel off a 5-star rating for me. Overall, I find the hotel a relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hillsboro, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have used this property several times on our stays in Cincinnati.The staff is very attentive,the rooms clean ,the bath areas big,the hotel is right in the middle of the entertainment and restraurant district of downtown.You can walk to everthing,they have an Old English Cab you can reserve for your trips.The dining in hotel is great.Shopping is also right within an easy walk.This is an older hotel,but the service and facilities are top notch.

Room Tip: depending what and how long you are staying,there is a variety of choices
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, late at night, I was greeted warmly by no fewer than 4 employees who all had a welcoming smile. I was surprised the room key was actually an old key... Which foreshaddowed the rest of the property, which I would compare to a 1920s mansion... Not in an old way, but classy and beautiful. The hallways were interesringly decorated and ecclectic.. someone took a lot of time picking out the decor and each piece was unique and had meaning to the local city. The room exceeded all expectations... Clean and confortable. The bathroom looks a bit dated in fixtures and tile... But the huge tub was just what the doctor ordered after a Long day of driving. My room didnt have much of a view, but I was too tried to worry much about that anyway. The mini bar is actually fairly priced, I thought 5.50 for a small bottle of wine was excellent. My only complaint was the pillows were too soft.. then I realized the firm pillows were behind the plush one... This hotel has really thought of everything with your confort in mind. Lastly, there is a very cheap parking garage less than a half block away, which further adds value.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall a great stay. Some cleanliness issues in the room but overall good. Would recomend for location and a weekend stay. Staff was great and during check in spoke of things going on in the area and great place to eat. We loved the precinct Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I reserved a room at this hotel for a much needed weekend getaway based on the pictures online. We stayed in a queen atrium view room and were shocked when we opened our room door. Dated blue carpet and 1980s decor. Nothing at ALL close to the contemporary, luxury look of the rooms as displayed on the website. We were kept awake until 2:30 am by loud people at the bar due to the balcony overlooking the atrium. Our a/c malfunctioned and our room was near 80 degrees with hot air blowing all while the thermostat was set to 70. Then, upon waking, we had NO hot water and were only told the hotel was aware and "working on it." Needless to say, I left a supposed "4-star" hotel without being able to have a shower and my husband took a freezing cold one. Upon checkout, the staff asked how our stay was, and so we shared. We received nothing but "I'm sorry. We appreciate your staying with us." Horrible experience, and the worst hotel stay I have EVER had.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!