“Exceeded all ecpectations” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Hotels.com Expedia.com
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Cincinnati
“Exceeded all ecpectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, late at night, I was greeted warmly by no fewer than 4 employees who all had a welcoming smile. I was surprised the room key was actually an old key... Which foreshaddowed the rest of the property, which I would compare to a 1920s mansion... Not in an old way, but classy and beautiful. The hallways were interesringly decorated and ecclectic.. someone took a lot of time picking out the decor and each piece was unique and had meaning to the local city. The room exceeded all expectations... Clean and confortable. The bathroom looks a bit dated in fixtures and tile... But the huge tub was just what the doctor ordered after a Long day of driving. My room didnt have much of a view, but I was too tried to worry much about that anyway. The mini bar is actually fairly priced, I thought 5.50 for a small bottle of wine was excellent. My only complaint was the pillows were too soft.. then I realized the firm pillows were behind the plush one... This hotel has really thought of everything with your confort in mind. Lastly, there is a very cheap parking garage less than a half block away, which further adds value.

• Stayed January 2013

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall a great stay. Some cleanliness issues in the room but overall good. Would recomend for location and a weekend stay. Staff was great and during check in spoke of things going on in the area and great place to eat. We loved the precinct Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I reserved a room at this hotel for a much needed weekend getaway based on the pictures online. We stayed in a queen atrium view room and were shocked when we opened our room door. Dated blue carpet and 1980s decor. Nothing at ALL close to the contemporary, luxury look of the rooms as displayed on the website. We were kept awake until 2:30 am by loud people at the bar due to the balcony overlooking the atrium. Our a/c malfunctioned and our room was near 80 degrees with hot air blowing all while the thermostat was set to 70. Then, upon waking, we had NO hot water and were only told the hotel was aware and "working on it." Needless to say, I left a supposed "4-star" hotel without being able to have a shower and my husband took a freezing cold one. Upon checkout, the staff asked how our stay was, and so we shared. We received nothing but "I'm sorry. We appreciate your staying with us." Horrible experience, and the worst hotel stay I have EVER had.

• Stayed January 2013
New York CIty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here after a New Years Eve wedding- so to be honest, we didnt really sleep all that much in the hotel. However, the time we did was pretty darn good! We had two double beds and the sheets were very nice, and the room HUGE. Oddly set up and the furnishings while well maintained and clean were 80-s wedding singer chic. The only TV was in a separate area from the beds and was so far away it made watching it pointless if you wanted to see it from bed. There were two sinks, one out of the shower room and one in a separate divided area, which was great with three people sharing the sinks. Nice Molton Brown toiletries.

The food in the restaurant for breakfast was good, but the service VERY hit or miss. Some great people and some really questionable people who just didn't get that the customer always comes first. I used to work in the service industry so, yes I get it, but deal! You can do it! The guest is paying your check so dont tell her that she is wrong! ;-)

The design of the hotel is kind of opulent and old timey "luxury" in some places and sketch 80's glam power suit in others. There are strange neon things around and this huge atrium that has primary colours and odd installations all over. It just looks super dated, and if they were to update to be a bit more botiquey- they might benefit.

Front desk staff while efficient, kind of abrupt and not chatty at all.

Room Tip: We had guests overlooking the atrium and they said it was very noisy all night. We faced out on the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mildura
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The room was a little small but with luxurious bedding and towels. Staff were helpful when asked but didn't offer any information freely - they have a complimentary taxi service which we found out about later - very valuable! Staff at the associated Cricket Lounge were not very friendly at all which just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially in Cincinnati where everywhere else we went we were met with delightfully friendly and sociable people.

That all said, no complaints on cleanliness or quality of the room, and the food at the Cricket Lounge was superb. If you are a light sleeper don't go for an atrium room - you get the noise coming up from the lobby and Cricket Lounge.

Room Tip: Atrium rooms get all the noise from the lobby and Cricket Lounge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here on our 10th wedding anniversary and even though I'm sure it was obvious to them that we normally could not have afforded to stay there, they made us feel special. They sent chocolate-covered strawberries to our room and the concierge was fantastic. He even sent someone to get a horse-drawn carriage to pick us up in front of the hotel so we wouldn't have to walk to Fountain Square. It was an excellent experience. The Palace and Crickets were great places to eat too.

Room Tip: If it's a special event - tell them!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New Lebanon, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was recommended this hotel by a coworker and thought it was nice from the website. I reserved a room online which I did so by the picture of the room on the reservation page. It was NOT the room that was advertised. It stated a Queen bed but it was a double with a nice view of dumpsters out our windows next to a nasty building. We and other people we were inline with during check out complained about people getting really loud and keeping us up all night. The front desk didn't really care other than a I am sorry. I will NOT pay $265 for room in this hotel ever or visit it ever again. I paid way too much for a tiny room with a nice bathroom that was falsely advertised.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!