The Cincinnatian is a classic historic hotel in downtown Cincinnati. I come to town often and park across the street in the Fountain Square North garage. It is $15 per day, which anymore is not bad for a big city. The hotel was all decked out for Christmas and was beautiful. It really puts one in the mood for the holidays. We checked in early and went shopping next door where Macy's and Jos. A. Bank are located. We dined at the Palace, which was great, and I will review separately. My wife reported that the room smelled a little but some spritz made it better. The room was set up nicely with a door to a little private balcony overlooking the atrium. There is a turn down service but we were in the room and turned it down. The bathroom is neat with an opening at the top of one wall to the rest of the room and the shower is in a separate room from the sink area. The bath tub has a high clearance so be careful not band your shin on it as I did.
This is where the story makes a turn. There might have been a party group there but the noise from the bar area continued after midnight and I called the desk to ask that it be stopped. The clerk told me that the bar closes at midnight and she would send security over to break it up. A second call a half hour later netted the referral to security coming. I looked out from my balcony and could see a group of four men and three women making the racket under my room. A third call about 1:00 AM got me the report that they were getting ready to leave and security was going to help. At 1:30 I made my last plea to the clerk offered to move us. I said I wanted THEM to be moved-out the door if necessary. I believe that there was no security or it would not have been allowed to go on and on. They did adjust my bill to credit me for half the room price, and I appreciate that since we did not rest well. It was a special trip for my wife's birthday and was supposed to be romantic but this popped that balloon. We had no energy the next day for sight seeing that we had planned. Upon checkout in the morning, I was not asked about the stay nor was eye contact made with me. They seemed very unfriendly. I received a follow up automatic email to the GM's address and I told the whole story. I would have thought an apology might be emailed to me, but I have never heard a word, and this says he doesn't care, sadly.
I may try the hotel again sometime but will be careful about what room I am in as EVERY room overlooking the atrium has the noise. The hotel can do better in customer relations but is a classic so maybe that is the price you pay to stay in such a place.
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, luxury boutique hotel built in 1882 and listed on the National Register of Historic places. Proud member of Hisotric Hotels of America and Preferred Hotels International, The Cincinnatian Hotel celebrates its 130th year this September. Boasting of a wide range of accommodations, this namesake hotel of Cincinnati is the perfect home away from home destination for those who want something simple or something grand. Call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Cincinnatian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.