This hotel is just lovely and so much more intimate than the large chain hotels we all know by name. Owned by The Preferred Hotel group, (you can never go wrong going to their registry and choosing a hotel or B&B that belong), it is elegant, modern, and has great restaurants.
The rooms vary quite a bit and we had a queen standard which although smaller, still had first class ammenities. The bed sheets are high quality, the furniture sleek and in good repair, the tv is a disappearing flat screen, and the drawer space and closet are adequate for a 2-3 night stay.
Most impressive is the bathroom! First of all, very pristine, clean and contemporary porcelain and high-tech fixtures. The shower is a trip: two waterfalls and 6 side jets spray from opposite ends. There is enough space to fit four people! There is a built in counter near the sink which is great for a cosmetic station for women as it has a lovely stool for which to perch. The tub is phenomenal: whirlpool, varying jet speeds and stationed nearby are a flat screens tv, video port and stereo. All tastefully designer entirely in white. The bath towels are big and fluffy, as are the robes. I'm saving the best for last: all Molton Brown bath/shower items for use. The best of the best!
Restaurant food is high end and delicious. The wine list is top of the line and the service is amazing. The menu (in "The Palace"- the fine dining option), is heavy on meat and game. Being pescevegetarians, we were happy there were two fish selections.
The staff at the desk, bellman, and maid service are very accommodating. The valet was a bit rude, but perhaps he was miserable due to the rainy chilly night? Not a great welcome upon arrival, but the minute you step into the hotel, you'll be glad you didn't choose a big chain hotel. This is the only hotel we use when traveling through Cincinnati.
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati
- Cincinnatian Hotel Cincinnati, Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, luxury boutique hotel built in 1882 and listed on the National Register of Historic places. Proud member of Hisotric Hotels of America and Preferred Hotels International, The Cincinnatian Hotel celebrates its 130th year this September. Boasting of a wide range of accommodations, this namesake hotel of Cincinnati is the perfect home away from home destination for those who want something simple or something grand. Call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Hotwire, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Cincinnatian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.