“An elegant hotel in the heart of the city.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
“An elegant hotel in the heart of the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is just lovely and so much more intimate than the large chain hotels we all know by name. Owned by The Preferred Hotel group, (you can never go wrong going to their registry and choosing a hotel or B&B that belong), it is elegant, modern, and has great restaurants.

The rooms vary quite a bit and we had a queen standard which although smaller, still had first class ammenities. The bed sheets are high quality, the furniture sleek and in good repair, the tv is a disappearing flat screen, and the drawer space and closet are adequate for a 2-3 night stay.

Most impressive is the bathroom! First of all, very pristine, clean and contemporary porcelain and high-tech fixtures. The shower is a trip: two waterfalls and 6 side jets spray from opposite ends. There is enough space to fit four people! There is a built in counter near the sink which is great for a cosmetic station for women as it has a lovely stool for which to perch. The tub is phenomenal: whirlpool, varying jet speeds and stationed nearby are a flat screens tv, video port and stereo. All tastefully designer entirely in white. The bath towels are big and fluffy, as are the robes. I'm saving the best for last: all Molton Brown bath/shower items for use. The best of the best!

Restaurant food is high end and delicious. The wine list is top of the line and the service is amazing. The menu (in "The Palace"- the fine dining option), is heavy on meat and game. Being pescevegetarians, we were happy there were two fish selections.

The staff at the desk, bellman, and maid service are very accommodating. The valet was a bit rude, but perhaps he was miserable due to the rainy chilly night? Not a great welcome upon arrival, but the minute you step into the hotel, you'll be glad you didn't choose a big chain hotel. This is the only hotel we use when traveling through Cincinnati.

Room Tip: I always request a room far from the elevator, (if you can walk without issue), preferably a corner...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Friendly, attentive service. Spacious, clean room. Centrally located. Pretty much everything you need for a short business trip.

Side note: We had breakfast in the restaurant and were served by an a older woman by the name of Phyllis. She was amazingly attentive and sweet. Kudos to Phyllis.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bryn mawr, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had to go to Cincinnati for an overnight business trip.
The Cincinnatian is and old world style hotel, bellmen in caps, valets in long overcoats.
A small but well appointed lobby greets you, and off to the back is a great hotel bar.

My room surprised me, hardwood floor, huge, huge room, and a gas fireplace.
A couple of incredibly comfortable leather chairs beckoned me to rest my bones and watch football.

Bathroom is very large, well stocked with premium products, and features a tub bigger than some indoor swimming pools.

I did notice some wear and tear in places, the toilet seat hinge was corroded, the desk chair cushion could use some, uh, cushion-y filling. And the room, which featured only a small window looking into an abondoned building, was slightly darker than I am use to.

But being that you get to use a REAL BRASS KEY to get into your room, I could overlook the minor flaws.
A most pleasant stay, I would go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cincinnatian Hotel early this fall and for the most part were very satisfied. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean but very small. In fact, my husband and I compared it to a room on a cruise ship which made it difficult to maneuver around the room with two large suitcases on the floor. The food and the service at the restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is my second stay at the Cincinnattian and it's still my favorite. Our first visit we had a room facing the street, but this time we had a interior room with a small balcony. It was just as nice. Sort of glad we didn't have the street facing room; there is a closed hotel across the street and it's beginning to look a little shabby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Have stayed at this property several times, but only in one room type. The deluxe king jr. suites are excellent, newly remodeled with AMAZING showers. On my last stay the room could have definitely been cleaner but overall another great stay. The abandoned hotel across the street isn't much of a view.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I planned to stay at The Cincinnatian Hotel on the night of our wedding. We booked it months in advance since the Reds were playing at home and Oktoberfest was the same weekend. We were looking forward to it since we had never been here, having been from Cincinnati. When we got to the front desk our reservation was found and we were asked to present a credit card. When we were dropped off at the hotel I left my purse in my in-laws car on accident. The traffic was so awful that there was no way they could come back. So since we didn't have a card we were refused to check in. I told the receptionist that my credit card number was given upon making the reservation, and she confirmed that she indeed had my credit card number on file, however, she still needed the credit card present. Since we did not have our cell phones she instructed us to use the lobby phone to try and get ahold of someone to bring us a credit card. With it being 1:30am and calling from an unknown number, we were unable to get ahold of anyone. She refused to make any kind of excpetion and we left the hotel, me in my wedding gown and my husband in his suit. I have never felt more disappointed, than I did that night....my wedding night. The "customer service" we received was completely rude and awful. I wrote a facebook post about this and it was deleted less than a week after it was posted. I would highly recommend NOT to stay at this hotel. The staff was completley unprofessional. I will always have this disappointment of a memory when I think back on our wedding night....unfortunately.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!