“Back Again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Upgrade & FREE Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Louisville, Ky
“Back Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is my second stay at the Cincinnattian and it's still my favorite. Our first visit we had a room facing the street, but this time we had a interior room with a small balcony. It was just as nice. Sort of glad we didn't have the street facing room; there is a closed hotel across the street and it's beginning to look a little shabby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Have stayed at this property several times, but only in one room type. The deluxe king jr. suites are excellent, newly remodeled with AMAZING showers. On my last stay the room could have definitely been cleaner but overall another great stay. The abandoned hotel across the street isn't much of a view.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I planned to stay at The Cincinnatian Hotel on the night of our wedding. We booked it months in advance since the Reds were playing at home and Oktoberfest was the same weekend. We were looking forward to it since we had never been here, having been from Cincinnati. When we got to the front desk our reservation was found and we were asked to present a credit card. When we were dropped off at the hotel I left my purse in my in-laws car on accident. The traffic was so awful that there was no way they could come back. So since we didn't have a card we were refused to check in. I told the receptionist that my credit card number was given upon making the reservation, and she confirmed that she indeed had my credit card number on file, however, she still needed the credit card present. Since we did not have our cell phones she instructed us to use the lobby phone to try and get ahold of someone to bring us a credit card. With it being 1:30am and calling from an unknown number, we were unable to get ahold of anyone. She refused to make any kind of excpetion and we left the hotel, me in my wedding gown and my husband in his suit. I have never felt more disappointed, than I did that night....my wedding night. The "customer service" we received was completely rude and awful. I wrote a facebook post about this and it was deleted less than a week after it was posted. I would highly recommend NOT to stay at this hotel. The staff was completley unprofessional. I will always have this disappointment of a memory when I think back on our wedding night....unfortunately.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is by far my favorite boutique hotel in a bigger city I have visited. You have a real brass key to your room! It's so classy. When we arrived check-in was busy but I was very impressed and appreciative to know that they offered a free driver service and a great happy hour. Additionally, the attendant who checked us in states that he upgraded our room to a suite because our original room faced a wall and he wanted to offer us a better experience. O was pleasantly surprised and grateful for that gesture. The bathrooms in the lobby are gorgeous and so are the appointments I. The rooms. We had robes in our room and a well stocked bar. The view was great and our room was fresh, beautiful, and very clean. When we got back for the evening, we were welcomed with a turn down service and delicious cookies. This place TRULY has a standard of service that is seen and felt throughout the hotel. From the time you enter the hotel doors to the time you rest your head on the bed, elegance is key. The worst part...is leaving! My husband and I LOVE THIS hotel! This will be our hotel of choice when downtown Cincy.

• Stayed September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would like to the note the disappointment I had during my stay at the Cincinnatian I was there for a wedding coming in from Chicago and stayed two nights with my husband. First my keys did not work and had to come down not once but twice to the front desk to have them working. I also had to stand in a line of people checking in when all I wanted to do was do the same--horrific experience. Then upon leaving my room at 10:30a.m. and not returning until 4:00p.m. found my room still in shambles and never cleaned. I had a work conference call to take and then a wedding to get ready for in a dirty room from the night before. Nothing was offered and had to beg to get new towels and more shampoo again terrible and not the WOW experience I was certain from reading your standards I would receive from the Cincinnatian. I am a Corporate business traveler I have been through three passports and currently travel weekly for my current company. We have obtained a location in Cincinnati and while I was not on business on this trip I can say I would never stay at this property again and 100% a detractor. I can only hope they use my comments and supply better training and HR meetings and perhaps lower your star rating as well as your rates. Gross, old, smelled of smoke in the room, carpet had not been vacuumed and room service never came. Extremely old rooms the only good point was the mattress comfortable. There was a constant humming through the walls and this was on a week night had called down and no construction. The bathroom was horrible and dirty tubs and the drains never worked from the sinks to the bath tub--disgusting. There is also not a conference room or anywhere privately to make a business call other than your room. Next time it's the Hilton I went to check out the property and was extremely pleased as well as the location.

Room Tip: Have no tip other that we had our room by the elevator and was noisy. Also, the drapes in the room l...
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is over 100 years old and great for this e that do not require a grand lobby and lots of extras. The service is impeccable including g London can to transport which is complimentary. Bathrooms great but rooms less elegant. Room devices prompt and good quality.

• Stayed October 2012
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here one night to celebrate a relative's birthday in town. The staff was unfailingly polite and very accommodating, even of my seemingly bizarre request. As a fan of older hotels, I love always asking about the possibility that there might be a little bit of paranormal history. And, although absolutely nothing strange or untoward was detected during our stay, the front desk staff took some amusement but no hesitation in assigning us a room on a floor that might or might not have been in proximity to said paranormality. As the possibility of such activity might be a deterrent to some guests, I will not mention the floor or room, nor the employee who was so accommodating to my request. But I thank them nonetheless for their efforts. It added amusement to our stay. The rest of you will not be bothered.

It just goes to show that the hotel will go above and to the Great Beyond in trying to make their guests as happy as possible. Our room was very comfortable and while I suspect it may still be on the to-be-madeover list, the bathroom was very luxurious and I wanted to stuff the lounge chairs into my purse and take them home.
My only complaint might be that the AC/room air was very loud when switching on and off. But that cannot be helped and I will not count it against a very nice stay. We took advantage of the bar and the full breakfast, valet parking and bellmen, and everyone was just wonderful and had very positive attitudes.
I highly recommend this hotel, not only for it's service, but it's convenience to everything in Downtown Cincinnati.

Room Tip: If you want a possibly paranormal experience, just ask at the front desk. They're lovely about a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!