“Fabulous weekend getaway hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fabulous weekend getaway hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Cincinnatian is an elegant hotel with lovely amenities. We stayed there to celebrate an anniversary and it’s ideal for such a special occasion—or any time you want a soothing and delightful ambiance.

We got the American Express special, which was an upgrade from King to King Deluxe—definitely a good decision! Be sure to ask for a renovated room. The bathroom was spacious and included an oversized bathtub as well as a fairly complicated shower. (Ever seen those words together?) Both bathroom and bedroom had televisions. The small sitting room was actually a balcony overlooking the atrium where the live music wafted in throughout the evening. The lighting was excellent—many choices, and good light on each side of the bed. Everything was spotless. Unusual in an expensive hotel: free wifi.

We had drinks and appetizers at The Cricket Lounge—excellent. And our breakfast at The Palace Restaurant was delicious also. The location is ideal—convenient to many excellent restaurants, the activities on Fountain Square, theatre, and Reds or Bengals games. Over all, a great experience in thriving downtown Cincinnati.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.

456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We went for a little romantic weekend. The location was great, we could walk to so many great bars/restaurants! The hotel is charming and has a great bar - we were there on a Saturday evening and really enjoyed the live music provided by a pianist and cellist. Our room had a balcony overlooking the bar/lobby area, which was cool. The only kind of strange thing was that the door to the bathroom is slatted and so there was a lack of privacy. Other than that, we loved it!

• Stayed August 2012
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have traveled to Cincinnati many times but this time decided to look at trip advisor to find a highly rated hotel. This hotel was rated high and for good reason. The location is great, just walk out the door to anywhere you want to go. The hotel is spotless! We stayed in a corner room which was very spacious and comfortable. It had a large desk area away from the sitting and sleeping area which I liked so my husband could get up at any hour and work and not disturb me. The wi-fi worked great unlike other hotels with "free" wi-fi. I especially liked the separate sink area apart from the main bathroom so I can take my time getting made up without hogging the bathroom. The turn-down service was great....homemade cookies every night! The breakfast in the Palace Restaurant each morning was wonderful, almost elegant but still comfortable. Everyone was so nice, from the valet to the waitstaff and the front desk staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Cincinnati!

south
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Cincinnatian for the weekend to go to a show at the Taft Theater and attend a Reds game. Room prices were high (even for a small room- much more for bigger rooms) and had to pay extra for parking - which is expected for a downtown hotel. At least the wifi was free, which was nice. The location was great for these events. Just a block from Fountain Square was a nice perk also. The bar in the atrium had a jazz band that played until 11 p.m. It was loud if you had an interior, atrium room. On Sat. night, long after the band stopped, the noise in the bar from the atrium woke me up at 1:00 a.m. When I tried to call down to the desk to ask if they could do something about it, no one answered, although the desk was supposedly staffed 24/7. After trying every button on the phone to get help, no one answered. Finally I found the number for the bar and got an answer. I asked if a manager was available and was told there was not. When I complained about the noise, she said she would call security. I was pretty skeptical, but shortly afterwords the noise did indeed stop. I was on the top floor, so it was pretty loud since we were farthest away. The next day when we checked out, I told the staff that no one answered the phone at the desk or any other number I tried. They made a note of it and apologized. I think the bigger rooms are really nice here. IF I ever stayed again, I would probably opt for a non- atrium room which should be quieter. FYI- no pool here.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I chose this hotel for a weekend trip to watch the Cubs lose, based on trip advisor reviews. It is the only hotel within walking distance of the Great American Ballpark with effortless wifi included, and flat screen tvs in the room. While still somewhat dated, it is elegant, service-oriented, and clean. The king room I chose was large and well-appointed, and a value
@ $179.00 / nite. Valet parking is situated off 6th street (not on Vine which is the address of hotel). The attendant advised us we could self park @ the garage across street for $18.00 overnite, or valet for $20.00 with them unlimited access. We valet'd & it turned out to be actually $28.00, but still a deal for downtown.
My only complaint was service in their Lobby Bar/Lounge. It had a nice jazz trio playing relatively early, which led us to stop by for a drink b4 heading to the game. We sat down at a comfortable table (it was not busy) and waited for a server. After 10 minutes, one finally came over and we asked for a wine list. That took another 10 minutes for her to bring list and take our order. Then we waited and watched while other groups arrived, we're seated and served, over 20 minutes. We finally had to leave for the game. My husband went to tell the bartender we had to go, and was offered no apology or excuse! The only thing I can figure out is that they didn't have our wine selection (a well known chenin blanc), and rather than tell us they didn't have it, sent someone out to a liquor store to get it. Who knows? Any way, everything else about the hotel was friendly and attentive, and they have complimentary intelligentsia-like coffee set up in the lobby in the morning. I will definitely stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed here while we were in town for Riverbend. The hotel and room were very nice. Great location(safe also). Very close to restaurants, bars, ballpark and football stadium. Parking was $15 dollars in the garage across the street. The hotel street entrance was a little tricky to find but no big deal. Will stay again. We highly recommend Terry's Turf Shack. It's about 15 minutes outside downtown.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our first experience staying downtown Cincinnati. Hotel is central to many attractions and easy to navigate. Staff very friendly and professional. Room was comfortable, air conditioning wonderful and bed cozy. Breakfast ordered through room service was AWESOME! While there are notices about using a credit card vs. debit for incidental charges I was disconcerted to find an additional $100 charge posted to my credit charge that was not listed at checkout. When I called to inquire, I was told that all hotels do this even though I have never had this experience. I'm guessing guests must steal more from upscale hotels? In the end, the extra charge was taken off before it posted to my credit card, so I guess it worked out. We also got the package that included valet parking which made our trip easier. Nice place to stay if you need a place close to downtown attractions.

Room Tip: Request a room with windows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!