“Historic Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnatian Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cincinnatian Hotel to your Saves list
Cincinnatian Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Houston, Texas
“Historic Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This is a historic hotel in city center, just a block or so from Fountain Square. The staff was friendly and generally accommodating. I had an atrium view room, which had a small sitting area. The room had a large flat screen TV and the bed was extremely comfortable. The room included free wireless internet. This hotel is not a bad option but I would not go out of my way to stay here again rather than a more modern hotel, as I would with other historic hotels such as the Pfister in Milwaukee, the Mayo in Tulsa, or the Driskill in Austin.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

Terribly dated hotel, smells like an old dentists office. I'm shocked this is a preferred hotel!!

• Stayed May 2011
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

Horribly dated Hotel. Not vintage or charming. Cheap and tacky 80's. I did not expect this from a Preferred Hotel at all. Horribly dissappointed. The restaurant also doesn't serve breakfast until after 8am!!! Unheard of! I will not be back.

• Stayed May 2011
Liverpool, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was little apprehensive about staying here given the price and some of the negative reviews on this site but I was really pleasantly surprised. Our room was huge, almost suite sized with a very comfortable separate seating area. The bathroom was also great, with a separate small room for dressing. While it is true that the room hadn’t been done out for a while, the fact is that it didn’t need to be- the fixtures and furniture were timeless in style and of a really high standard. The room was also spotless so the whole experience felt very high end. If your going for trendy, then don’t bother but if you’re looking for a classic hotel experience, I would recommend this hotel. After a very long flight from Europe this was a perfect hotel to chill out, soak up some luxury and get over our jetlag. The quality of room service was also very good, especially the breakfast which was exceptional.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Had a fantastic experience in Cincinnati with my wife and kids. Attended Reds Opening day at Great American Ballpark and walked there from the hotel, which nicely saved us a great deal on parking. Lucked out on staying here as I made my reservation online via a third party and did not know where exactly I was staying until the reservation booked. Needed a 2-double bed room and the city was fairly full when I called the hotels directly. Also noticed that the rates were much higher when calling directly than what I could get online. Once made I was happy to find out it was the Cincinnatian.

The room was very clean and the staff was more than pleasant - they were amazing, especially Jodie the Concierge. My kids received complimentary cookies and milk upon returning from the ballgame. I really don't know if they needed it after all that cotton candy and soda but it was nice touch nonetheless. I tried the room service. They forgot my maple syrup and took off the pancakes for the trouble. The staff here really goes above and beyond to make a fine impression.

I will be attending future Reds game this season and will stay only at The Cincinnatian. They've won us over. Go Reds!!!!

Room Tip: Look at more than one.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I have to say that I had one of the cleanest rooms that I have ever stayed in. I had a room facing the street but it was very quiet. The A/C unit was also very quiet. They only have valet parking but the service was always fast. There are some PC's in the lobby area which can be used for printing boarding passes, etc. (I wish I would have known this before checking out.) I had a special rate so my room was one of the smaller ones but there was more than enough room for me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I went on a site visit for an upcoming event and stayed here because I had heard good things from local coworkers. We also thought about using this hotel for our customers attending our event. The decor was very outdated, you can tell it was renovated in 1987. The hallways were uneven when you walked. Once in my room, the floors squeaked, the bed dipped in the middle, the desk had black scuff marks, the tile in the bath had black spots and the window was so dirty I could barely see out. My co workers room faced the inside corridor and she was woken up due to noisy staff arranging furniture below and she could hear the morning wake up call from the room next door. I ate breakfast at The Palace. There were 6 tables occupied and 3 waiters but service was slow and the food was bland and had no flavor. It's pretty hard to screw up bacon, eggs and toast.

For $175 a night, I would expect a lot more. Needless to say, we have chosen another hotel for our event. I would be so embarrassed to have our customers stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Cincinnatian Hotel? Share your experiences!