“VERY DISAPPOINTED!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Maryville, Tennessee
“VERY DISAPPOINTED!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wish I would have listen to some of your comments when reviewing this Hotel--> The picture is correct BUT the carpet was very dirty and told it was just cleaned :( there was blood on the toilet seat - EEK! disinfected the toilet seat, the toilet was NOT secured to the floor very well, when sitting down I wasn't sure if it I was going to hit my head on tub when the whole thing moved..floor dirty in bathroom as well, swept the floor. The blanket between the comforter and sheets were crusty, NO the air cond didn't work well and the reason was because the filter was SO thick of DUST! took shower in morning but wasn't sure if I was taking a shower or bath, the tub filled up with about 3 inches of water, POOR drainage!! the computer chair was SO dusty and looked like it had skin cells on it from someone's sun burn peeling :( The Staff was very friendly though until check out then they all sat in back room and just stared at you thru the door until you yes excuse me can I check out please? Even my husband which does NOT smell very well stated it had a weird odor to the hotel and room VERY sad to say the least!! oh yea about 11pm all I could hear from the room above was children running back and forth> Never heard that before

Room Tip: Please DO NOT go by picture, also this place does allow pets so if allergic dont go!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Roy S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for writing your review about your stay with us. We having taken the necessary steps to correct the issues that you mentioned. As always, we appreciate all guest review and look forward in seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently experienced a bad stay at a previous Red Roof and received a VIP pass to stay at another one, I chose this one and was very impressed with it. I reserved a Executive King and to my surprise it was a mini suite. Very nice room, very welcoming. The toilet ran off and on the majority of my stay but that was a minor issue. I am a redicard member and sometimes dont see your special request. My request was noted, and the front desk person that checked me was very nice and brought them to me without me even asking. I will go back again to pay on my own dime.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
We are glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. At RRI we strive to provide a comfortable stay for all of our guest. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Charleston, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had stayed here several times when it was under another hotel chain and never had any problems. This past weekend, was another story...we had issue after issue. The first 2 rooms they put is in smelled like a skunk. Housekeeping only left us 2 towels for each night..we had 2 queen beds and 3 people in our room. The first morning, the lady working the front desk was also doing the breakfast area. There was no coffee, no milk and no waffle batter. When we asked about the waffle batter, we were told that she didn't know how to refill it...seriously?? We had to go to McDonalds to eat breakfast. But, the absolute worst issue was when my daughter woke up on the 2nd morning and had bites all over her feet. I stripped the bed looking for the culprit but didn't see anything..until I looked at the sheets on the other bed and there were fleas in the sheets. They ended up giving us our 2 night stay for free...but that didn't make us feel any better knowing that our daughter was covered in bug/flea bites. Sorry, but we won't be staying here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Roy S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We apologize that your stay with us was met with the difficulties that you mentioned. Rests assure, steps will be put in place to correct these issues. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that you and your family encountered.
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

|We was pleasently surprised by this red roof inn .The rooms where as good as the rooms in a pricy hotel. Very comfortable. Easy to get in and out and close to Kings Iland. Breakfast was not the gratest but what do u expext for the price. But all the basics where there. But im not going to a Hotel for the breakfast i go there to sleep and rest.I can recomend this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
It was great to see your stay with us was better than expected. We appreciate you for writing your review about your stay. We are also glad that you will recommend us and hope to see you again in the near future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We just got home from our stay at the Red Roof Inn. It is very close to the interstate which was great because we had spent all day traveling. It was quite close to Kings Island and was a quick twenty minute drive into the city. The staff was very polite and friendly, everyone who saw us said hello. The rooms were nice and looked updated. The bed, pillows were very comfortable and my husband and I both slept well. There was a fridge and microwave in our room which was nice because we had extra food that we could keep cold. We ate at the restaurant next door (Frickers) which was very nice and well priced for the food. My only cons were that the pool was closed and it was in the 90's while we were there and the breakfast is pretty sparse. Only waffles, cereal and a few pastries. Other than that it, it is not a fancy hotel but a i'd stay here again just for the good nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad that your night stay with us was enjoyable. We will take into consideration your note on addition to the breakfast bar items. We look forward in seeing you again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel has an awesome location which is so convenient to access from 71. When we arrived we were a couple hours before check in and I believe his name was William(Tall man) personally ran to check and see if a room was available at that time for us. Went to the room and found it was very clean except there was a used wash cloth that was hidden up in the shower curtain yet they had definitely cleaned the bathroom. So it wasn't a big deal I dropped it on a housekeeping cart and was on my way. The room had plenty of space and the bed was extremely comfortable. The frig in the room was kind of loud but since we weren't really using it we just turned it off to not bother the desk. The continental breakfast was actually pretty nice and had a good amount of options to chose from. Looks like they need extra help for the breakfast since William was taking care of it and his job at the desk but he wasn't fazed one bit. So kudos to his hard work. There was also a nice younger lady and gentleman that worked the desk there which were very helpful and courteous answering all of my questions as well. I didn't catch their names though. All in all this placed was wonderful(I work in the hospitality industry) and I will stay here every time I visit Cincinnati.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Roy S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your response about the hotel and the staff. The staff (William) will be glad to hear they were mentioned in your review. We look forward in seeing you the next time you stay with us.
Jackson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here to go to Kings Island. Easy to hit the highway and visit the amusement park. Lots of food places nearby. Courteous staff. Clean rooms. Quiet area. Everything worked in the room. Was not disappointed. No time for the pool. But our room window faced it and it was clean and looked very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, it was great to read and other guest will appreciate your review when they are planning their trip to the Kings Island Park. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason? Share your experiences!