“A mixed bag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Cincinnati
Charleston, WV
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

First the pluses: A good location, room recently redecorated, fridge/freezer, microwave, good prices, comfortable beds, good cooling system, free wi-fi, room was quiet. Doors didn't bang.

And now the minuses: Stains on carpet in hallways, room door was ajar when I first arrived. Carpet beside jacuzzi was shredded, leaving exposed staples that cut my foot. I placed a towel over the exposed area to solve the problem. Shower pressure was low, and no OJ at breakfast.

Nonetheless, I would probably stay here again in a pinch because the price is really good.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Roy S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for writing your review about your stay with us. We having taken the necessary steps to correct the issues that you mentioned. As always, we appreciate all guest review and look forward in seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Williamsport, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are newly and modernly decorated. Loved the colors, the lamps, and pictures. Very clean room and excellent check in service. Very helpful staff and 5 min from Kings Island! Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Your review was pleasant to read and your comment will be shared with the staff. At RRI we strive to make our guest's entire stay one of enjoyment. We look forward in seeing you in the near future.
Jasper, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at RRI for two nights. There were three of us. Checking in and out was a breeze. We stayed in room 236. It was clean and the beds were comfortable The room had a frig and microwave. The frig did make a noise at times. We did have to ask for more towels the first night because only had enough for two people. The hall carpets as mentioned before, could definitely use some cleaning. The breakfasts were minimal but enough to get us started for the day. The waffle maker was a nice feature and the coffee was good. The hotel was quiet even though it looked as though it was full. It is easy to find, right off I-71 and also close to Kings Island. The price was right and we would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to wrte your review about your experience with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope to see you soon.
Monticello, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Red Roof Inn - Room 203. The room was inside the hotel, very clean, and the front desk even printed me a map to an IHOP when I asked about places that had breakfast for lunch. Excellent front desk service ! Parking was wonderful, didn't have to walk very far. I did not use the pool but it was small. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your hotel review, your response will be appreciated by other travelers that are planning a trip to the King's Island Park. Again, thank you and we look forward in seeing you on your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Reservations were a breeze, they were courteous on the phone when I called. The problem started when I went to check in. I arrived at 9:30pm. Was given a room 310 (I believe). When I entered the room, the floors had not been vacuumed as there was several items on the floor. On the bathroom wall was a sticker from a new t-shirt. I went to the front desk and told him that the room had NOT been cleaned. He said it was cleared on the maids "cleaned list". He then gave me room 307 and it had no less than 8 hairs inside the made bed and under the pillow. I went back and he told me that couldn't be. I advised him to go look at the bed himself! He went to check 3 other rooms from the "cleaned list" to see which one he could give me. He came back and said only one of those rooms had been cleaned. He gave me that room. When I got in that room 323, the shower had not been cleaned, the bathroom door did not shut and I found out later, the phone did not work.
I asked to speak to the manager and was advised Roy is only there from 9am-4pm period and he is the only one I could speak with. I was given 1/2 of my first night stay free. I was there for 3 nights. I demanded that ROY call corporate to get me more compensation. Upon checking out, I was only given the first night free.
This hotel is not worth the hassle. Pay a little more and go somewhere else where you KNOW your room is cleaned.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, be sure to evaluate your room carefully upon check in.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very nice. Not a typical Red Roof. You enter the rooms on the inside. Staff was helpful and kind. Beds were comfortable. The only cons to this hotel was the dirty carpets in hall and it would be nice if breakfast lasted a little longer in the morning. Overall a great place to stay for a awesome price.

• Stayed July 2013
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We thank you for writting your review of the hotel. We strive to make all our guest's stay one of enjoyment. We hope to see you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean & comfortable. Hallway carpet is worn, stained & very dirty. Breakfast was just ok. We've had better. Breakfast also ends far too early! Management needs to reconsider at least extending it until 9:30 as many other hotels do. I would consider staying here again, however we prefer comfort inn, clarion inn, or Hilton inns over this chain because they tend to keep them up better.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for writing your review of the hotel. We are happy that you decided to stay with us. We have taken note on the issues with the hallway carpet and we have taken the necessary steps to get it corrected, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason? Share your experiences!