“Nicest Red Roof I have been in yet!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Newburgh, Indiana
“Nicest Red Roof I have been in yet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I like to stay at Red Roof Inns when I can, they are almost always offer a clean updated room for a decent price. This one was a tic above what I have experienced so far. The room was really nice with a king bed and a sleeper sofa. Decor was fresh and modern- it really didn't look like any Red Roof I had ever been in. I was really amazed at what I got room-wise for the price I paid.
About the only downside was that the staff just didn't seem very...attentive. Check in was the quickest I have ever experienced, and that wasn't in a good way. He didn't even look at my ID, and never showed me on a map where my room was. Just checked me in, handed me a key, and seemed in a hurry to get back into the back office. Breakfast was kinda sparse, and was punctuated with patrons trying to find the front desk person to get coffee made (both pots were empty) or the milk refilled. I was at my table for a few hours and never saw anyone refresh anything. I got a cup of decaf coffee to take back to my room, and it was about room temperature, so it had been in that thermal carafe for quite a while.However... Red Roofs usually have slim to no breakfast anyway, so again, this was a step above, no matter how sparse it was!
Having said that, since I'm there more for the room than the breakfast offerings, I was more than pleased, and would stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roy S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
It was great to read your review of your stay with us. It was also great to here that this location was the nicest Red Roof Inn that you have been in. As for the down fall, we are working on getting these items corrected. We hope to see you again soon.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This Red Rood Inn is a fantastic deal for the money. The rooms are spacious, come with microwave and fridge, and pets are free (as in all RRI's). Our room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, lobby/breakfast area very eye-appealing and the guys at the desk were very nice. Even for a higher "in season" price, this place would be a great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel. It is great to here that your stay was enjoyable. We strive to provide great service and comfort to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.
Boardman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The beds were clean and firm and the location was great. Very close to a great Golden Coral and a hamburger joint that was great too. Friendly staff and good service. Very good value at around $50. The rates will rise in the summer though due to the proximity to Kings Island Amusement Park.

Room Tip: Freeway runs behind the hotel so it would be quieter in the front of the building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
It is always great to hear that one of our guest had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We have gotten alot of positive reviews on the comfort of our beds. Yes, the hotel is in a great location when visiting the many attractions Cincinnati has to offer, including King's Island. We look forward to having you visit us again.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This Red Roof seems to have recently been changed over from a Quality Inn (the key cards still said "Quality Inn" on the back, even). I do a fair amount of traveling for dog shows and usually choose the Red Roof chain, and this may well be the best Red Roof I have ever stayed in. The lobby is welcoming and upscale, and the rooms are outstanding. The beds are thick and comfortable, nothing like the usual thin cardboard box feel - I actually laid down and slept all night, which is almost unheard of for me in a hotel. The heater/AC has an actual digital temperature setting which keeps the room at a consistent temperature: none of the fooling with knobs and trying to find the right spot, then hot/cold shifts all night. The lighting in the room in general and at the bathroom sink were very good. Breakfast the next morning consisted of a variety of four cereals, oatmeal packets, toast or bagels, juice, and two waffle makers. My friend and I were thrilled at this new find in the area, and at a reasonable price - one of the best values we've come across. We have already recommended it to others and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review of your stay with us. We are glad the your stay was enjoyable to the point, you had a good night sleep at our hotel. Red Roof pride ourselves in providing our guest's and thier pet's with outstanding service. We hope to see you and fellow dog lover's again.
Jeffersonville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I had the same two days off and I decided to give her a little surprise. Started off in the Red Roof Inn and then The Christmas Ranch in Morrow,Ohio. We were both amazed at the size of the rooms and the cleanliness throughout. The check in and out was smooth and the continental breakfast filled us as we traveled onward in Southern Ohio.

Room Tip: We were in room 122 which faces the innerstate. There was very little road noise, but we had our own...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Got in to the area late, and picked this hotel because of its convinience to I-71. Clean and comfortable room. Nice touch having a refridgerator, and the Wi-Fi worked great. Breakfast was a bit subpar, but all and all I am satifsied with the value I received for my money.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for writting to let us know how we are doing.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We picked this hotel for price and proximity to family, and we were pleased with the choice. The rooms and bathroom are clean and a good size, with a couch lounging area as well. There are only 2 stories and we were able to park very close to our room on the first floor near the back entrance which was securely locked at all times. The continental breakfast is a bit more than that, because they have cereal and waffles in addition to the bagels and sweets. When I noticed there was no batter, the receptionist immediately went to get more and fill it up--you just have to ask. The night check-in clerk couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. However, the Sunday morning clerk whose name I didn't get--the same one who got the batter however--needs some training in how to smile and be proactively positive to guests, since I don't think he said a word to me.

If you have a GPS to find the hotel, be aware that you will not see the entrance to the parking lot on Governor's Hill Road until after you pass it--there's no sign on the street. No problem; you just reverse in the next parking lot. The location is not far from several shopping centers. The hotel has no restaurant but there is one right next door.

The rates are great, but frankly, I do not understand the pricing, so be sure to ask for the best rate. I booked two nights through Expedia and wound up paying a "resort fee"--what???--for a $68.28 total. But when I booked a third night at reception, it only cost me $50.80 total. When a relative tried to get that rate for an upcoming trip, a different phone operator wouldn't give it to her, but did give her a $49.99 plus tax rate. There appear to be special rates for return guests as well, because I got the same low rate for my next visit which I booked by phone with the hotel; the operator told me he would have given my relative the same rate. Go figure!

Anyway, this was a great value and will be my hotel of choice when I visit each time.

Room Tip: Ask to park close to the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati (North Mason), OH Red Roof Inn & Suites. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason? Share your experiences!