“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We picked this hotel for price and proximity to family, and we were pleased with the choice. The rooms and bathroom are clean and a good size, with a couch lounging area as well. There are only 2 stories and we were able to park very close to our room on the first floor near the back entrance which was securely locked at all times. The continental breakfast is a bit more than that, because they have cereal and waffles in addition to the bagels and sweets. When I noticed there was no batter, the receptionist immediately went to get more and fill it up--you just have to ask. The night check-in clerk couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. However, the Sunday morning clerk whose name I didn't get--the same one who got the batter however--needs some training in how to smile and be proactively positive to guests, since I don't think he said a word to me.

If you have a GPS to find the hotel, be aware that you will not see the entrance to the parking lot on Governor's Hill Road until after you pass it--there's no sign on the street. No problem; you just reverse in the next parking lot. The location is not far from several shopping centers. The hotel has no restaurant but there is one right next door.

The rates are great, but frankly, I do not understand the pricing, so be sure to ask for the best rate. I booked two nights through Expedia and wound up paying a "resort fee"--what???--for a $68.28 total. But when I booked a third night at reception, it only cost me $50.80 total. When a relative tried to get that rate for an upcoming trip, a different phone operator wouldn't give it to her, but did give her a $49.99 plus tax rate. There appear to be special rates for return guests as well, because I got the same low rate for my next visit which I booked by phone with the hotel; the operator told me he would have given my relative the same rate. Go figure!

Anyway, this was a great value and will be my hotel of choice when I visit each time.

Room Tip: Ask to park close to the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati (North Mason), OH Red Roof Inn & Suites. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bethel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a really nice place to stay. The front desk clerk Ronnie was very helpfull anytime I needed something. Cameron on the other hand needs some more customer service training. above all though I had a very nice quiet weekend and would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati (North Mason), OH Red Roof Inn & Suites. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I'm not sure about John's review below this one! We stayed at the Comfort Inn across the way and it wasn't good. We checked out and drove over to the Red Roof Inn and Suites and got a room that morning. The room was beautiful, and we had a great experience. They weren't very busy due to it being recently changed from a Clarion to a Red Roof Inn and Suites, and I think it's hard to find them due to that.

Regina C

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati (North Mason), OH Red Roof Inn &Suites.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Hamlin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

At first it was hard to identify the hotel, there was no big sign on or over the building. The only Red Roof Inn hotel sign was the entrance to the parking lot, the area is very busy and it would have been helpful to have an overhead hotel sign to be able to easily identify the hotel from a distance. The rooms were clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable. I only had 2 complaints: 1 was that one of the side access doors was broken and you were able to get in without having to scan your room key, which i didn't feel was very safe and secure for the hotel guests. I informed the front desk of the door upon check out and the gentleman said that he was not aware of it. My only other complaint was at breakfast both of the waffle irons were plugged in and hot but there was no batter in the dispenser to make the waffles with. We checked out around 6:15 am. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati (North Mason), OH Red Roof Inn & Suites.
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Manager (Harry) and his staff made the Mike Boyd DC Trojans group comfortable and at home. The hotel rooms were beautiful and very clean. I will recommand this hotel to everyone coming to Cincinnati, OH area. This was a wonderful experience. Thanks Harry

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Me and my family stayed at this hotel on June 7, 2012 and we had a very pleasant stay. I want to personally thank one of the staff (Ronnie) who was very attentive to our needs. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and updated. The breakfast was great, a nice variety. If you are looking for a great hotel with excellent customer service, this Red Roof Inn is just the place. I will definitely stay again! Thanks Ronnie!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grove City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This Red Roof Inn hotel was the perfect location for our trip to Kings Island. The room was beautiful and very clean. One of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. The breakfast was very good and had a nice variety of items. Having access to a pool was a nice plus as well. The staff was very nice and helpful. Especially Clarissa and Dean who helped us numerous times. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason? Share your experiences!