“Excellent for what we needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Hamlin, New York
“Excellent for what we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

At first it was hard to identify the hotel, there was no big sign on or over the building. The only Red Roof Inn hotel sign was the entrance to the parking lot, the area is very busy and it would have been helpful to have an overhead hotel sign to be able to easily identify the hotel from a distance. The rooms were clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable. I only had 2 complaints: 1 was that one of the side access doors was broken and you were able to get in without having to scan your room key, which i didn't feel was very safe and secure for the hotel guests. I informed the front desk of the door upon check out and the gentleman said that he was not aware of it. My only other complaint was at breakfast both of the waffle irons were plugged in and hot but there was no batter in the dispenser to make the waffles with. We checked out around 6:15 am. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Roy S, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Cincinnati (North Mason), OH Red Roof Inn & Suites.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Manager (Harry) and his staff made the Mike Boyd DC Trojans group comfortable and at home. The hotel rooms were beautiful and very clean. I will recommand this hotel to everyone coming to Cincinnati, OH area. This was a wonderful experience. Thanks Harry

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Me and my family stayed at this hotel on June 7, 2012 and we had a very pleasant stay. I want to personally thank one of the staff (Ronnie) who was very attentive to our needs. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and updated. The breakfast was great, a nice variety. If you are looking for a great hotel with excellent customer service, this Red Roof Inn is just the place. I will definitely stay again! Thanks Ronnie!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grove City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This Red Roof Inn hotel was the perfect location for our trip to Kings Island. The room was beautiful and very clean. One of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. The breakfast was very good and had a nice variety of items. Having access to a pool was a nice plus as well. The staff was very nice and helpful. Especially Clarissa and Dean who helped us numerous times. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel just reopened as a Red Roof Inn. The whole hotel was redone and in great shape. We had two rooms and both were clean and comfortable. A/C and Wi-Fi worked great. There was a good variety of items to choose from for Breakfast. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are good, but waste of space for the rooms with a Jacuzzi . Breakfast is on the house and could have been better. The free Internet access was not too reliable. The hotel does not provide any shuttle service to the airport (including paid ones ) . Getting a cab was a bit of nightmare

• Stayed April 2012
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I've waited to write this review, hoping for a resolution to the issues I experienced during my stay. It's now been more than 8 months since my stay in July of 2011. I've tried numerous times to contact the hotel by email, fax, and phone - none of which have been successful. So, I'm mailing my complaint to them and posting this review in the hopes that someone may actually realize that things need to change.

I traveled alone to Cincinnati in July of 2011. I booked my stay for 3 nights thru hotels.com. I checked in with no problems. The following day, I returned to my room around 11pm to discover that my room key did not work. I went to the front desk to get a new key. After much searching in the computer, I was told that I had been checked out of that room that day & a new guest was now registered to that room.

I found my reservation/confirmation and the wait began. After about 30 minutes of waiting - while other guests were coming to the front desk for towels, which were "in the dryer" and unavailable...one employee offered to go up to the room to see if indeed someone else was in there. I was very concerned at this point about where my luggage & personal items were.

After he went up to check, he returned to let me know that no one else was in the room and my luggage was still in the room... but that I could not stay in that room that night. I got a luggage cart, went up to my room and packed everything up and returned to the lobby for more information. They put me in a new room for that night.

The next night, I returned to my room, opened the door, and the room was empty - all my luggage & personal items had been removed from the room. I went again to the front desk. This time, I was handed a small hand-written note on a piece of cardboard stating that "something" happened with the housekeepers and I had to be moved. The employee that night had no idea what had happened, so I asked if there would be a manager on duty in the a.m.

I went to my new room and looked everything over to be sure that all my belongings were there. They were, but it was very unsettling to know that they had been moved while I was away during the day.

In the morning, I asked to speak with the manager, but wasn't given that opportunity. The person that I did talk with assured me that a "partial" refund would be coming. She let me know that it would have to be processed back through hotels.com since I had booked through there. I assured her i would follow up with the hotel, and she encouraged me to do so.

I tried calling the hotel, I emailed all my information, confirmation, etc. to the email address I was given, I tried faxing everything, but always got a busy signal. I gave up for awhile, but I do not feel this is how customers should be treated at all.

I have now copied everything I have and am mailing it directly to the hotel. I hope to hear a reply soon in the form of a full refund check mailed to me.

I will likely be in Cincinnati again soon, but I will NOT stay at this hotel. The location is convenient, but this is not how a customer should be treated. I felt I handled all the moves with much patience as everything unfolded - perhaps too much patience. I hope the hotel management will realize how much of an inconvenience this was & promptly refund my stay.

Room Tip: don't stay here