“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Me and my family stayed at this hotel on June 7, 2012 and we had a very pleasant stay. I want to personally thank one of the staff (Ronnie) who was very attentive to our needs. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and updated. The breakfast was great, a nice variety. If you are looking for a great hotel with excellent customer service, this Red Roof Inn is just the place. I will definitely stay again! Thanks Ronnie!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grove City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This Red Roof Inn hotel was the perfect location for our trip to Kings Island. The room was beautiful and very clean. One of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. The breakfast was very good and had a nice variety of items. Having access to a pool was a nice plus as well. The staff was very nice and helpful. Especially Clarissa and Dean who helped us numerous times. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel just reopened as a Red Roof Inn. The whole hotel was redone and in great shape. We had two rooms and both were clean and comfortable. A/C and Wi-Fi worked great. There was a good variety of items to choose from for Breakfast. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are good, but waste of space for the rooms with a Jacuzzi . Breakfast is on the house and could have been better. The free Internet access was not too reliable. The hotel does not provide any shuttle service to the airport (including paid ones ) . Getting a cab was a bit of nightmare

• Stayed April 2012
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I've waited to write this review, hoping for a resolution to the issues I experienced during my stay. It's now been more than 8 months since my stay in July of 2011. I've tried numerous times to contact the hotel by email, fax, and phone - none of which have been successful. So, I'm mailing my complaint to them and posting this review in the hopes that someone may actually realize that things need to change.

I traveled alone to Cincinnati in July of 2011. I booked my stay for 3 nights thru hotels.com. I checked in with no problems. The following day, I returned to my room around 11pm to discover that my room key did not work. I went to the front desk to get a new key. After much searching in the computer, I was told that I had been checked out of that room that day & a new guest was now registered to that room.

I found my reservation/confirmation and the wait began. After about 30 minutes of waiting - while other guests were coming to the front desk for towels, which were "in the dryer" and unavailable...one employee offered to go up to the room to see if indeed someone else was in there. I was very concerned at this point about where my luggage & personal items were.

After he went up to check, he returned to let me know that no one else was in the room and my luggage was still in the room... but that I could not stay in that room that night. I got a luggage cart, went up to my room and packed everything up and returned to the lobby for more information. They put me in a new room for that night.

The next night, I returned to my room, opened the door, and the room was empty - all my luggage & personal items had been removed from the room. I went again to the front desk. This time, I was handed a small hand-written note on a piece of cardboard stating that "something" happened with the housekeepers and I had to be moved. The employee that night had no idea what had happened, so I asked if there would be a manager on duty in the a.m.

I went to my new room and looked everything over to be sure that all my belongings were there. They were, but it was very unsettling to know that they had been moved while I was away during the day.

In the morning, I asked to speak with the manager, but wasn't given that opportunity. The person that I did talk with assured me that a "partial" refund would be coming. She let me know that it would have to be processed back through hotels.com since I had booked through there. I assured her i would follow up with the hotel, and she encouraged me to do so.

I tried calling the hotel, I emailed all my information, confirmation, etc. to the email address I was given, I tried faxing everything, but always got a busy signal. I gave up for awhile, but I do not feel this is how customers should be treated at all.

I have now copied everything I have and am mailing it directly to the hotel. I hope to hear a reply soon in the form of a full refund check mailed to me.

I will likely be in Cincinnati again soon, but I will NOT stay at this hotel. The location is convenient, but this is not how a customer should be treated. I felt I handled all the moves with much patience as everything unfolded - perhaps too much patience. I hope the hotel management will realize how much of an inconvenience this was & promptly refund my stay.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here for about a month and half. Very average hotel, room service was ok, the rooms had old furniture and the most horrible is their wifi . I had to book cases with the support twice but still did not get a resolution till 2 weeks and then it started working fine.

The pool was closed (it ws freezing in Cincinnati then) but it is placed near the parking lot and that looked odd to me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The rooms were clean and renovated; I liked some of the decor. My room had a microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen tv. However, everything else needed work. The front desk staff was not friendly and failed to give the welcome spiel. The outdoor pool was in the front [parking lot] with an iron fence--tacky. The fitness center signs pointed in the wrong direction, but that is ok because it was such a joke. Beside the dark and dingy room with a cable hanging from the ceiling, two old cardio machines (with the cords unplugged and wrapped around the machine) were placed back to back. The breakfast area lacked seating, and the [lack of] food options were not healthy or kid friendly. During my two trips for coffee, I noticed the attendant sitting in the back room eating when work needed done. Water was in a cracked glass pitcher, and the juice machine was out of order with no warning signs. As a heavy sleeper who was exhausted, I had a poor night sleep (as well as everyone else in my group). The walls were sooo paper thin, so I heard car doors in the lot, guests in the hall, and doors slam all the way down the hall. It is not the hotel's fault my direct neighbors kept shutting the door hard, but it was absolutely loud and echoed. The last hour before check-out, housekeeping entered the room despite the do not disturb sign! This place is over priced for the poor quality.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason? Share your experiences!