“Average..” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8870 Governors Hill Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45249-1338 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Bangalore, India
“Average..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are good, but waste of space for the rooms with a Jacuzzi . Breakfast is on the house and could have been better. The free Internet access was not too reliable. The hotel does not provide any shuttle service to the airport (including paid ones ) . Getting a cab was a bit of nightmare

• Stayed April 2012

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I've waited to write this review, hoping for a resolution to the issues I experienced during my stay. It's now been more than 8 months since my stay in July of 2011. I've tried numerous times to contact the hotel by email, fax, and phone - none of which have been successful. So, I'm mailing my complaint to them and posting this review in the hopes that someone may actually realize that things need to change.

I traveled alone to Cincinnati in July of 2011. I booked my stay for 3 nights thru hotels.com. I checked in with no problems. The following day, I returned to my room around 11pm to discover that my room key did not work. I went to the front desk to get a new key. After much searching in the computer, I was told that I had been checked out of that room that day & a new guest was now registered to that room.

I found my reservation/confirmation and the wait began. After about 30 minutes of waiting - while other guests were coming to the front desk for towels, which were "in the dryer" and unavailable...one employee offered to go up to the room to see if indeed someone else was in there. I was very concerned at this point about where my luggage & personal items were.

After he went up to check, he returned to let me know that no one else was in the room and my luggage was still in the room... but that I could not stay in that room that night. I got a luggage cart, went up to my room and packed everything up and returned to the lobby for more information. They put me in a new room for that night.

The next night, I returned to my room, opened the door, and the room was empty - all my luggage & personal items had been removed from the room. I went again to the front desk. This time, I was handed a small hand-written note on a piece of cardboard stating that "something" happened with the housekeepers and I had to be moved. The employee that night had no idea what had happened, so I asked if there would be a manager on duty in the a.m.

I went to my new room and looked everything over to be sure that all my belongings were there. They were, but it was very unsettling to know that they had been moved while I was away during the day.

In the morning, I asked to speak with the manager, but wasn't given that opportunity. The person that I did talk with assured me that a "partial" refund would be coming. She let me know that it would have to be processed back through hotels.com since I had booked through there. I assured her i would follow up with the hotel, and she encouraged me to do so.

I tried calling the hotel, I emailed all my information, confirmation, etc. to the email address I was given, I tried faxing everything, but always got a busy signal. I gave up for awhile, but I do not feel this is how customers should be treated at all.

I have now copied everything I have and am mailing it directly to the hotel. I hope to hear a reply soon in the form of a full refund check mailed to me.

I will likely be in Cincinnati again soon, but I will NOT stay at this hotel. The location is convenient, but this is not how a customer should be treated. I felt I handled all the moves with much patience as everything unfolded - perhaps too much patience. I hope the hotel management will realize how much of an inconvenience this was & promptly refund my stay.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here for about a month and half. Very average hotel, room service was ok, the rooms had old furniture and the most horrible is their wifi . I had to book cases with the support twice but still did not get a resolution till 2 weeks and then it started working fine.

The pool was closed (it ws freezing in Cincinnati then) but it is placed near the parking lot and that looked odd to me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The rooms were clean and renovated; I liked some of the decor. My room had a microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen tv. However, everything else needed work. The front desk staff was not friendly and failed to give the welcome spiel. The outdoor pool was in the front [parking lot] with an iron fence--tacky. The fitness center signs pointed in the wrong direction, but that is ok because it was such a joke. Beside the dark and dingy room with a cable hanging from the ceiling, two old cardio machines (with the cords unplugged and wrapped around the machine) were placed back to back. The breakfast area lacked seating, and the [lack of] food options were not healthy or kid friendly. During my two trips for coffee, I noticed the attendant sitting in the back room eating when work needed done. Water was in a cracked glass pitcher, and the juice machine was out of order with no warning signs. As a heavy sleeper who was exhausted, I had a poor night sleep (as well as everyone else in my group). The walls were sooo paper thin, so I heard car doors in the lot, guests in the hall, and doors slam all the way down the hall. It is not the hotel's fault my direct neighbors kept shutting the door hard, but it was absolutely loud and echoed. The last hour before check-out, housekeeping entered the room despite the do not disturb sign! This place is over priced for the poor quality.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

I am staying right now... When we checked in we got three rooms for three nights. Two rooms was fine the last one still had people staying in it. They gave us another room and it was ok. The next day the lock on my door would not work and the guy at the front counter acted like we just killed his dog to help us. He fixed the keys but still wouldnt work. Went back down there with the same damn look on his face tried again. Still nothing he followed us up there and tried his key it worked but our keys didn't. He said he would have to send mait. Guy up. We had to leave but he said it will be fixed when we got back. Later that night went to front desk to get key the girl said that my name was not on the room even though I had pappers said that and my credit card in my name paid for the room. She finnally gave us the key. The next day we called for some towels they told us we had to come get them if we want them.
I would not stay here again if they told me it was free, and pay for my troubles. This is the wrost hotel or even motel I had stayed at. We should have just stayed in my car. This hotel needs to do something about their staff cause it really sucks.

• Stayed September 2011
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We planned a family mini vacation to KI. We arrived a the hotel at 1015 they did allow a late check in which was nice. When we got to our room the door jam was broken and there was no smoke detector. It had been torn off the wall real safe when you have children staying with you. Also we could not lock the securtiy lock unless you have super human strength due to the door jam being broken. The bed are hard has rock, but the worst thing is that they advertise they have a pool. The do have a pool, but it was closed for maintenance, was the website updated no it was not. The continental breakfast only consisted of cereal, waffles, sausage and beagals. The juice machine was broken they were server only orange juice from a pitcher along with milk from a pitcher. The only positive I can say about this hotel was that I booked it through Hotels.com and I got a reall good rate for 3 nights. If I would have had to pay full price we would have packed up and left. I am unable to cancel because I booked through a third party, but believe me I will never stay here again. By the looks of the parking lot today when we returned to the hotel several people had the same idea.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days and it was 4 days too long! The hotel was full and the AC didn't work in our room and leaked water on the carpeting so the whole room smelled very badly of mold. We asked to be moved but they were full and couldn't move us. We had to stay in this room for 2 nights! All the hotels in the area were full due to a sporting tournament that weekend. The last night they finally moved us but guess what? The AC didn't work in that room either but at lest it didn't smell. When we got home we noticed we were missing a backpack. I called the hotel and they said they found it in our room. They sent it UPS but when we got the backpack a small bag with my jewel had been taken from the bag. I called and emailed the manager and she didn't think this was a problem. Any hotel that allows employees to steel from guest bags is not a hotel you can trust to stay at!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
gm_clarion_250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
im sorry to hear about this happening at the clarion but i will say that we are under new management and ownership and we are doing all we need to do to make every guests stay as comfortable as possible with the right staff we have this hotel up and running like it should again i am sorry this happen to you but we strive for satisfaction and these type of things will NOT be going on at this hotel !

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Cincinnati North-Mason? Share your experiences!