“Enjoyed our stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

You added Millennium Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2393 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Front Royal, Virginia
“Enjoyed our stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Traveled for Conference being held at the Hotel. Rooms were acceptable as far as cleanliness, beds were not very big for two people but they were comfortable. We called down and asked for extra pillows which were promptly brought. Breakfast was pricey but there were other places within walking distance. There also is a Walgreen, CVS and Macey's across the street so location was great. We had receptions in the Hotel two nights and I must say the food was good the staff superb, what a great bunch of people. We enjoyed ourselves, the staff stayed over and didn't seem to mind. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager222, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bill Loughran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Colfax, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hotel needs a little updating but the rooms are very clean and the staff are next to none. I will give them a 10 out of 10. Beds are cozy and the linen was fresh and clean. Thx for the great stay. Mike

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager222, Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Mike,

Ellington, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

As stated the facility is slightly dated especially in the carpeting and room furniture and fixtures, The rooms are smaller than many if the price range, and the bathrooms are smaller that many more recently built facilities provide however all were clean, bedding was clean and comfortable. Mattress was very comfortable, but pillows were small and a wide gap between mattress and headboard allowed for pillow to escape during the night. All was solved with extra pillows gladly provided by the staff. In addition a refrigerator was provided without cost. TV was great with decent channel selection and in room movies. When I clicked on wrong movie the desk willingly deducted the charge from my billing. The management insures that all staff are pleasant an polite in their duties. Further evidenced by entire city populace. I never have visited a friendlier city. Take note all you NY and Boston people.
Being there on a business trip the conference facilities were more than adequate and the hotel staff was great in solving any problems.
Bell service was great and concierge provided great insight into where to eat and adequate direction to anywhere we needed to go. The outdoor pool was closed. I used the prompt cleaning service, but there is a nice laundry facility to do your own laundry, a nice surprise, especially in these days of traveling light due to flight luggage restrictions. Such facilities should be the norm of other hotels, not the exception.
The hotel is conveniently located in downtown district and the city revitalization should serve as a model to many similar sized cities. Wonderful eating and entertainment all within a short walk and clean comfortable city transportation for anywhere else. Next to the new civic center with direct interior access makes this hotel a good spot to stay during events at the Duke
Energy Center.
If you ever have an opportunity to visit this city a good place to stay. An infusion of some $$$ would make the hotel a top rated establishment.

Room Tip: We were told to ask for the North Tower rooms but there was no problem with our room in the South to...

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

After reading all the reviews on here and hotwire, I was terrified to book despite the $60/night hotel. The location did it for me and I figured worst case scenario, we would still survive. I booked on hotwire and after reading the reviews, called ahead and requested a king bed in the north tower. We also followed advice and parked across the street from the hotel for $10/day (apparently it used to be 8 but they recently raised prices). We were on the 8th floor in the North tower in an end room. It had a flat screen tv and was surprisingly roomy and somewhat renovated (not 100%). The bathroom could have used new tile in the shower but at least it wasn't dirty. I also wish there was more counter space. Our sink dripped nonstop but it wasn't noisy thankfully. The pillows were great but small so for 2 of us we used 8 (we asked for 4 extra). The location was phenomenal. I would probably stay here again to see if I just lucked out but it was definitely a pleasant suprise. Also since I prepaid on hotwire they didn't even require a credit card.

• Stayed October 2013

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

When the offer for a 3.5 star hotel came up for $77 per night I should have been worried. I feel really sorry for the folks who paid full price.

The hotel is ver poorly maintained. The hallways smelled like mold, and when I got to my room it was very outdated and worn. The strange glasstop furniture seemed like a bad 70s throwback, and was not very functional.

Best thing I can say is that the bedding was ok.

Now for the horror...

I prepared to take a shower the morning after my arrival. I turned on the water and then bent down to open the closed drain. Much to my horror UP through the drain came sewage... There was no doubt that this was sewage... Don't make me explain further.

I was super grossed out. Freshened up with a washcloth while I held my nose. When I went to the front desk to report my disgusting situation the clerk said "oh yeah, that's happened before." We're probably going to have to put you in a new room.

Probably?

I didn't have time to re room that morning and when I came back that evening the clerk had not even made a note or had maintenance check the problem. When I asked if they were going to upgrade me, to help me forget how grossed out I was they laughed, and gave me an identical seedy room on a different floor.

On a completely different note I ordered breakfast from room service one day... I did not know scrambled eggs could be messed up this bad.. I am not even sure they were eggs.

Not worth the bad experience at any price!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and providing the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and is always looking for ways to improve our service. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Flint, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We used price line and got a handicapped room with a 3/4 bed not even a full size. The carpets were filthy with stains and debris. We asked for a room with a queen, they said they didn't have one available! We got a room with 2 three quarter beds. The carpets in this room were also bad. We have been here when the Pittsburg Steeler fans were filling this hotel....no way they didn't have a better room. The bottom of the shower was so grimy I had to put a towel down in the tub to stand on to shower. The pool was drained what a disappointment! No matter the price don't stay here! The staff was indifferent at best.

Room Tip: Choose any where but here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. Although our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards, there are instances where a space may need some extra attention. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The first thing that hit me when I walked in was the stench. It smelled like mold, and in some areas mold and sewage on the entire first floor.

The beds in my room weren't put together well. The bathroom was visibly dirty, there was a hole in the shower, and the toilet seat was very loose.

The employees working the front desk seemed preoccupied when I arrived, not very friendly at all; however the manager on duty was very nice.

I walked across the street to the Hyatt. Not only is it 1000 times nicer, it was cheaper!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and ensuring our common areas and amenities are cleaned to the highest standards for the comfort of our guests. Our team has responded to your feedback and we are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Bill Loughran

Been to Millennium Hotel Cincinnati? Share your experiences!