“Good location for an average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

You added Millennium Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2393 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Houston, Texas
“Good location for an average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Location: A. Great location in downtown. It is very close to Fountain Square, the museum, and restaurants.

Rooms: B. Nice 42 flat tv & clean room.
The room service was fast and the prices were ok. The staff was friendly and willing to assist the guests.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was in Cincinnati on business, and colleague booked this hotel. First we had to move from a room on the 16th flloor to 21st due to leak in bathroom. Rooms are small and are worn. Carpets nearly shot, faucets in the bathroom did not shut off - constant leak. Worst of all these are noisy rooms, HVAC rumble all not. We could hear sirens all night ias if we had an open window. Hotel Lobby needs an update... looks to be a mall that's in for closure.

Lastly when I went to print my boarding pass the hotel wanted $1 to rent the PC for 5 minutes and $1 to print the boarding pass. The Millennium just keeps mining your pockets!

Will recommend to Conference organizer to take Cincinnati off the convention list.

Madwolf

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
West Chester, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Staff was rude. My room had 3 cockroaches during my stay of 3 nights. Johnathan, one of the managers was awesome, We had an event there Friday-Sunday and found out that the hotel desk was sending people away that wanted to register for the event. They did not have any organization at all. Charge for everything. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Millennium. Roaches!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ravenna, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel was OK, staff was friendly. Room was clean. The faucet in the bathroom sink moved around some, not a deal breaker there, but still. Parking... For the price we paid for the room, parking should have been more discounted. Used valet service because we told we'd have to use an over-night city lot. Will not stay again.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Upon booking our reservations, I called the direct hotel number and spoke to someone in reservations, where I inquired about the best available room for that weekend. She told me about a great deal with the Club room, explained to me that we would get 2 breakfast vouches a day, 2 waters, and 2 robes. When she asked how many adults and children, I told her we didn’t have children, but would be bringing our two small dogs, at this time she ensured me that there weren't any additional fees for them, When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in by a gentleman that we later learned was the manager on duty. He told me we only get one breakfast voucher per day and told us about a $35 per pet fee as well as a $200 deposit. I explained to him how the lady from reservations told me different, so he gave us 2 vouchers per day, and charged us $35 per dog.
When we then arrived in our room we walked in to find feces in the toilet, towels on the floor, trash in the trashcan, hair in the tub, and water marks all over the glass top sink.(Please note the room also had a note in it saying it had been cleaned by ‘housekeeper’s name’) We immediately called down to the front desk and explained to them what we found and they asked us to come down and they would give us different room. When we went to the front desk, the gentleman only said, “Sorry about that” and then hands us a key to our new room.
Our new room was clean, however did not have a closet or mirrors (besides in the bathroom) and was significantly smaller. The next day, I was in need of a full length mirror so I stopped by the front desk asking if they happened to have any free standing ones we could use, and the manager in charge insisted there was a mirror in the room, and sends the maintenance man up with us. When he came into the room he called down to the manager in charge and explained to him how small the room was, and there indeed no closet doors with mirrors; The manager in charge then asked him to open the joining room door for us. The maintenance man explained to him that we were not in a room with a joining room, but in a “den with bed and window”
After he left the room, I received a call from someone in ‘Customer Relations’ and he explained to me that because we didn’t have mirrors in the room that they would ‘give us access’ to the room next door, which was the penthouse.(which we later learned, was the room we were supposed to get originally when I asked for the best room available… and yet they again neglected to give us when we had to switch rooms upon check in.)
When I came down stairs to get the keys for yet another room, the manager in charge was there again. He apologized and explained that he had no idea the room we were in was so small, and insisted that this was not done on purpose. At this point, my partner and I were at our wit’s end and expressed to him that we did not feel we should have to pay a full amount for a tiny room, where our original room was so spacious, and not to mention the lack of hospitality. The manager then assured us that we would only be paying for one night stay.
Either way, the only people who were accommodating through our whole experience was the man who valeted our car and the maintenance man
We have never felt so unwelcomed and uncomfortable in a hotel before, which saddened us even more because we found your hotel listed under LGBT friendly hotels. When the manager stated that this was not done on purpose, it had never crossed my mind that our horrible experience was due to discrimination, until then. I forced myself to believe this couldn’t be the case, but when your general manager called to apologize (nearly weeks after our first attempts to reach him) he asked me to “send his apologies to my friend who stayed with me” as well. I don’t know which could be worse for your establishment; a management staff who discriminates and lets it show through with their lack of interest and hospitality or having a management staff who simply just lacks the passion for hospitality. Either way, I highly suggest your hotel be removed from the LGBT friendly sections of hotel finder sites.
My partner and I will not recommend this hotel to ANYONE and have already ripped up the free weekend stay the general manager sent us, in attempt to mend our horrible stay.

Room Tip: don't book any of them
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

For $169 a night, I thought I would be getting more. Desk chair and throw pillows had some nasty dried substance on them. Front desk and cleaning crew were very nice. Valet staff, not so much...thought they were doing me a favor parking my car that I was paying $22 a day to park and yes I tip EVERY time they park it.

At this price point I thought I would have gotten something like free internet, parking, view, a meal or anything.

Room Tip: If you get a real cheap rate, do it. Otherwise, stay somewhere else.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My boyfriend andI stayed at the Millienium Hotel Last evening while in town for the football game. When we checked in we were put in a room that was dirty. The bathtub had standing water in it, and the floor had paper garbage that had not been vaccuumed. The furniture was very dated and the cloth chair was so worn and dirty looking I did not want to sit on it. We called and asked to be moved to another room. They sent a supervisor to move us to a room down the hall and when we went in with him we found much of the same thing...soap scum in the tub. We moved for a third time to the newer tower that was a bit more modern, but still not what I expected this hotel to be like at all. Needless to say I will not be staying there again anytime soon. They did give us our room for half price, but after moving three times, felt like that was the least they could do. The supervisor who was moving us around was, however, very nice.....If you must stay here, be sure and stay in the newer tower.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Hotel Cincinnati? Share your experiences!