“Horrible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

You added Millennium Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2393 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Dayton, Ohio
“Horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

stayed there last weekend for a romantic weekend. The hotel was out dated, there was water damage all over the ceilings and the walls. Our shower wouldn't drain, the shower head was old and crusty. The bed was uncomfortable(felt like sleeping on ply wood), and the pillows on the bed (king size bed) were the size of a throw pillows,thank god i brought my own. I have paid far less money and have gotten a much better hotel. I dont think it would cost much to buy new shower heads, real pillows and do basic touch ups to the aesthetics of the rooms. I am not expecting something really fancy, but come on, I have stayed in Super 8's that were better then this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for the comments as we are always looking at ways we can improve our service.

Brenda Wellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I am currently staying here for business and could not be more disappointed. The only positive I could give the Millenium is the location. Let me detail my experience in hopes to save anyone else an unpleasant experience.

Immediately upon getting to the hotel and trying to check in at around 12:30, I was the only person in line with 1 guest being served. Depsite 4 employess working behind the desk I waited 15 minutes to even check in.

-The room. Besides the stale smell and outdated/rickety furniture (which I can deal with) I found:
-Phone on the nightstand does not work
-Internet connection was touch and go everyday, when you called in to report a problem your call was OUTSOURCED to what I assume another country. With only remote help if they could not troubleshoot your issue (which meant checking you had a basic computer operating knowledge) they said they would escalate to their engineers and to call back in 10 minutes if the problem was not resolved. GREAT for trying to do work. My coworker how just had a baby couldn't check in via skype like he promised.
-No outlets accessible next to the bed (cell phone charging had to be done at the desk)
-Faucets leaked and did not work properly. In fact the sink faucet did not have a true off mode, normally when you turn a lever there is an off position where the lever stops, this one kept turning so you had to artfully maneuver
-You could hear everything! Every door open, every time the elevator rang
-Construction noises. That is all
-The complimentary tolietries had been previously used
-The sink was a simple pedestal sink, no place to get ready in the morning, no vanity or place to store more than a bar of soap - this was quite annoying!
-Toliet seat was old and had stains and the paint was bubbling
-Accent pillow had white stains
-When I was trying to turn on my lamp next to my bed in the middle of the night a dust bunny feel out in my glass that was at least 1/2 inch in diameter
-I believe I got a standard room but no microwave or fridge, definitely frustrating with an extended stay

Overall this was a bad hotel. Especially for the price, the location and lobby were nice but that were it ended. I will not stay here ever again if I can help it. All of this said I am not even a hotel snob! I have stayed at red roof inns and Motel 8s that looked like the Ritz-Cartlon in comparison. I could see a one night stay when you would not be in the hotel much, but if you are planning even a 2 night stay, please reconsider.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It is our goal to provide a quality stay to all of our guests. We value you as our guest and we value your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to continually improve our service. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will choose Millennium for you next hotel stay; we would be delighted to have you as our guest. Thank you.

cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is in a great location. Close to many restaurants and fountain square. The hotel appears to be old and dated. The rooms are clean but some of the furniture has black greased spots. Didn't touch it. The bathrooms are clean. Beds very comfortable. Didn't hear a lot of noise
Has a nice bar area with great bartenders. Drinks were made perfectly no dead tonic. This hotel is reasonably priced, nothing fancy but served the purpose for a girls weekend. I would stay again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all feedback seriously and share it with our staff as it gives us an opportunity to continually improve our service. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I really think that the hotel staff is very attentive to the guests needs no matter what it is , I know that the housekeeping staff is one the most top notch in the country.. I give them hats off! I am not sure about the restuarant (Bistro on the Elm) I did not even eat there, but I do know that the pool on the 4th floor is one of the biggest pools that I have seen in along time...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Cincinnati and is within an easy walk of many attractions. The bed was comfortable.

However, the service was poor. No one greeted guests entering the 5th Street doors, which made for an awkward first few minutes as I tried to locate the registration desk, which is about 1/2 block from those doors. After I located the front desk and checked in , the clerk gave me incorrect verbal directions to Music Hall, along with incorrect markings on a map. Further inquiries the following day about how to reach other downtown attractions yielded blank looks from the desk clerks. A glass placed in the hallway just outside the room door opposite mine remained their throughout my stay.

To hook up to hotel internet in rooms, guests are required to put a deposit of $50 per night of stay on their charge cards.

The fan in the bathroom is very small and does not properly evacuate the steam when guests are using their showers.

I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It is our goal to provide a quality stay to all of our guests. We value you as our guest and we value your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your stay. We apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will you will give Millennium another opportunity to have you as our guest. Thank you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Faucets that are backwards and not attached to the wall/sink. Closet doors falling off the track. Valet is a joke. My car sat on the street unattended for 3 hours, unlocked with the keys in it. Not worth it at half price. It needs millions to bring it up to only 20 years out of date.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. I do apologize for the issues you had and hope that you addressed them with our front desk, so that we could have the opportunity to make it right. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here for Oktoberfest this past weekend. I read reviews on here before coming and was very, very nervous. However, I was quickly put at ease. The moment we arrived to the moment we left, we had great service. Kami that works outside the hotel is so personable, pleasant, informative, and very nice. Check in was a breeze (we arrived around 8 pm), again, personable and nice, even though we're from Pittsburgh and loyal Steeler fans :) We stayed on the 19th floor in the south tower. Yes, the room is a bit dated but for the AAA rate we got ($208 for the weekend) it was worth it, especially since the location was fabulous! No, we didn't have a flat screen TV, but there was a time when I was a kid that TV remotes weren't common either, and I managed to survive that. Yes, it'd be nice if they had free wi fi but we used our phones for what we needed. We didn't use the gym or eat there so can't comment on that. No valet spaces were available, so we had to park at a garage around the corner which is basically across the street of the back entrance. Parking there was only $8 a day!! That saved us $14 a day...glad valet wasn't available. If you need somewhere to stay, close to the football or baseball stadium, this location is within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest

We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cincinnati.

Brenda Wellman

Been to Millennium Hotel Cincinnati? Share your experiences!