“Weekend away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Hotel Cincinnati

You added Millennium Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2393 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati
“Weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I made reservations here. Parking was full and valet was busy so we found a parking garage 1 block away. It wasn't an issue though given the cost was cheap. Walking in to the hotel we were both very impressed with the decor and the employees. Our room was perfect for us. We had tickets to the reds game that day so we decided to walk to the stadium. It was a nice way to enjoy the city. That night we ventured to newport. A taxi ride only cost us $7 which was incredible. The room was quiet all night and the checkout time was convenient for ou rschedule the next day. Overall we really impressed with our stay. Quiet comfy and reasonably priced for our one night. We will definitely stay again and recommend it to everyone we know

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel looked very nice upon check in, when entering the lobby. There were only 3 elevators for the whole enormous building. Made for a lengthy or crowded travel to your room. Hotel staff had decent friendly attitudes. When we got to our room it was a little lackluster. The sink drain plug in the bathroom was broken, as well as the one in the shower, both were laying to the side. When I got a shower in the morning, I noticed the drain was clogged with hair. The shower filled up the bath tub while I showered due to the hair and scum clogged drain. The worst part however was having to check for bed bugs because of itching, and then waking up with 2 bites on my arms, one on my face, and a few on the back of my neck. Nothing is worse than driving home and feeling like you have bugs on you. Knowing that you may carry them back to your house. I have no idea how this hotel ever got 3&1/2 stars. Stained carpet, bed bugs, clogged scummy showers, broken drain plugs, stained sheets. Not worth the money. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is hands-down one of the worst 3-star hotels I have stayed at (don't be fooled by the star rating the hotel gives itself). There are over 800 rooms at this property and unfortunately they are unable to manage it from the filth throughout (run-down), to the employees (they should maybe learn to say please and thank you.....something at the core of the hospitality industry), and above all, they need to work on managing an environment that allows guests to sleep. Starting at 12am I was awoken by a major party next door. They obviously had just come from the Reds game. Banging on walls, yelling, and in general drunk. After calling the front desk and them saying they will let security know, nothing changed so I went next door. It was at least a dozen college kids drunk and when I asked the guy to keep it down he said to change rooms. Being told by the front desk they were full and couldn't change my room I then proceeded to try and go to sleep again...didn't happen. The room across the hall then started a party (I assume they had come back from the Phish concert in town or were part of the AMVET convention at the hotel). I again called security. I again called Tasha at the front desk and again she stated the same thing, she would let security know. At 4:30am I finally went to the parking garage at the Hyatt where my car was (at 2pm when I checked in at Millenium their garage was full) and went to sleep in it. At check-out the person who said she was the supervisor stated that all charges would be dropped and that I had a zero balance (after looking at the bill they also double charged me for wifi use which she said she noticed but it didn't matter at this point). A week later I find that the room was reimbursed through Expedia/Hotels.com but that other charges were placed on my credit card directly through the hotel. I called the accounting department and of course there was no way to talk to someone.....had to leave a message. Then I called the GM and of course put through to his secretary who also had her phone on to screen messages. Now I am going to have to go through Visa to dispute the charges which is a pain.

As for the rooms, the bathroom was tiny and the bathtub was filthy. The beds were very comfortable. The view was pretty good as I was on the 16th floor. As for the elevators.....wow is all I can say. There were times when it took more than 10 minutes to get one of the three elevators in the tower I was located (there is a north and a south tower). I smoke so everytime I needed to smoke (it is a non-smoking hotel), I had to plan on a minimum of 30 minutes to do so....get an elevator, get to the first floor, smoke then get another elevator up.

The reason I chose this property was that I was going through the city and they advertised they had the only rooftop pool so I thought since it was so hot it would be great to relax up there. WELL......turns out the AMVETS were having their drunken beerfest AT the pool. There were a couple hundred people with absolutely no place to sit. While the policy of the hotel is not to allow outside alcohol or food at the pool, since they rented the party rooms surrounding the pool I guess that covered the large garbage cans filled with beer throughout the pool area. The pool area was supposed to be closed at either 9 or 10....don't remember. At 11pm there were still a good hundred people drinking beers and while that is fine, this group really stopped other guests, not part of their group, from enjoying the pool area.

The price I paid was absolutely ridiculous considering the experience. Even it the Reds game was not happening, the Phish concert was not going on, or the AMVET group wasn't there, this is not a property I would consider under any circumstance. There is a Hyatt across the street and on the next block a Westin. Do yourself a favor and book yourself into those.

One other note. The 2012 World Choir Championships are in Cinci throughout July thus I presume the hotels are going to be filled with these groups of which many will be kids...something to consider.

Room Tip: Tip: Just don't think your experience will be the exception....don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was in town with some friends to catch some baseball games at Great American Ball Park. We stayed at a few places in Cincy and this was one of them. The rooms were small but had all the basic amenities you would want and were most importantly CLEAN. The beds were, again, small but comfortable. The room was nicely decorated. We stayed on the 19th floor and had a great view of the city. We checked in on a Tuesday afternoon and had no problems, made it up to our room about five minutes after walking in the building for the first time. The hotel seemed to be in a decent location, a quick walk to the ballpark or Fountain Square where there are some stores and restaurants. I parked in the lot behind the hotel for $16/day, but I know there are much cheaper lots right nearby and within walking distance. (I was lazy, didn't want to look too hard.) I sat poolside in the morning with a USA Today (which was free) and enjoyed myself, the pool is on the roof of a building on the 4th floor and was nicely maintained. A nice seating area and it looked like they had a little grill/cafe going.

A few complaints: the rooms need new TVs, ours was a 27" old tube TV and the remote didn't work very well. It's time to get some new flatscreens guys! Also, having to pay for internet was a little ridiculous. (I believe $8/day was the charge. It's not much, but it's the cost of a beer I could have had at the game.)

Would I stay here again? Definitely!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've stayed in no-name neighborhoods at motel 6-esque places that have had better service and rooms than this.
The location of this hotel is prime, but that is basically it. Upon arrival, we had to literally hunt someone down to check us in, and then, despite the fact that the valet man was sitting outside (on his cell phone), we were informed that the valet parking was full, and were offered little to no help with an alternative means of parking (Fun fact: if I'm staying at a hotel in a city, I'm probably not overly familiar with the city, and intrinsic knowledge of local parking options is probably something I don't have). Once we finally got back to the hotel and up to the room, I discovered that the key card only unlocked my door sometimes, and once it did get unlocked, the door stuck in the frame, so some serious upper-body was required to open it. Once I actually got into the room, there wasn't much reward for my effort. The rooms are cramped and the beds are like planks that they put a mattress pad on. I had to have the sheets changed upon arrival, since there was some unidentifiable stains on them. The next morning I called down for room service, and it took me three tries to actually get anyone on the phone. Once someone finally answered, they sounded inconvenienced by my call, and cut me off frequently, and tried to hang up before I could even tell her my room number. I will say this though: the food arrived uncannily fast, and was warm and good tasting. The coffee was surprisingly good tasting also.
But back to the room:
The a/c unit sounds like an airplane taking off whenever it runs, which actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since the walls are so paper-thin, I could hear conversations above and below and on either side of me. The television looks like someone left it from the mid-90's, and works just as well as one, too. Additionally, I was in Cincinnati on business, therefore internet access was somewhat necessary to my communications with clients and colleagues, for which I had to pay $7.95, which normally I would not be upset about, however the internet connection went down frequently. Almost so frequently, that finding a local starbucks would have been the cheaper and more efficient choice. All in all, my experience was as disappointing as this hotel, and I highly recommend you consider the Hilton directly up the street. Or a Best Western, for that matter, in light of the fact that the Millennium could not outmatch even Best Western's incredibly mediocre standards.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mason, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've stayed at budget hotels that felt cleaner and more up to date than this one. Check-in at 5:30 was 6 deep with no urgency of the staff to move things along. We took our stuff back to the car and checked back in after the Reds game where there was no wait to check in. The double beds are tiny, the room was small, carpet stained, tiles cracked, marble in elevator cracked/missing chunks, stains on walls, old boxy tv, uncomfortable beds and we were only there 9 hours... The location is the only thing this hotel has going for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great location right downtown but that is the best part. The rooms are small and the hotel is not very well kept up. This place is ready for a serious redo. I was excited to stay because of a friends recomendation, but for me it was dissapointing. The fact that it took 20 minutes to check in didn't start things off very well. My friend asked me if I thought that the man behind the counter hated his job, he must have because he was not friendly and extremely slow...three stars for the location.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Hotel Cincinnati? Share your experiences!