“Not bad at all” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 10 sites
Save Saved
You added Millennium Hotel Cincinnati to your Saves list
Millennium Hotel Cincinnati
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 W 5th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202-2393 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Cincinnati
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our family of three stayed at the Millenium on Memorial Day weekend 2011 with two other families. We are Cincinnati locals that wanted to have a mini "staycation". We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the "Taste of Cincinnati" annual festival and because it is the only downtown hotel that offers a great outdoor pool (since the weather was perfect for swimming).

Our room was clean but small. Not a big deal since we only were in it to sleep. Reading other reviews of the property worried us but we reminded ourselves that we there to enjoy the pool and have a place to crash when ready. our price of $78.00 was fantastic and hard to complain about considering the amenities.

The pool is on a rooftop and quite large for a rooftop facility. There is a full service bar with a grill. That was a pleasant surprise. We did bring our own libations and snacks prior to knowing about the bar. The kids loved the pool and so did we.

Overall we give the Millenium 4 stars on the basis of our good time and VERY friendly front desk staff. In reality a probable 3 star. There are nicer hotels in downtown Cincinnati but The Millenium met and exceeded our expectations on this little trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Valued Guest

We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cincinnati.

Brenda Wellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
robertosr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We read a lot negative reviews from other people during different years. so, we were predisposed to think negatively about the hotel. We got here and everything was different than the reviews - 180 degrees from what you might have read. Front desk guys are courteous. We stayed in the 26th floor, North Tower, looking at the downtown highrise bldgs. Amazing views! The beds are clean, the rug is clean, too. The bathroom and the supplies are in superb shape and kept up fine. The people are friendly and respectfull and they answer promptly to maintenance problems. We ordered a refrigerator and it came up within the hour. We had some humidity at the entrance lobby in our room and they came up promptly to take care of the problem. We are being honest to you; we haven't been paid to say this. We hope your experience is good, too.

One thing or two: Internet is not free and you have to pay $15.00 daily for parking. The TV is old fashion Zennith type. Restaurant and bar are excellent and reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor in the North Tower.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I paid $76 on Priceline's name your own price. $76 was an excellent rate for this hotel, which is conveniently located in downtown Cincinnati. In my opinion, any rate up to $100 would be reasonable. That being said, I would have been disappointed if I'd paid the $150. rate listed on Orbitz. For $76, the rooms were very nice and clean. I especially liked that this hotel has followed the trend of white duvets and not old grubby bed spreads. We found plenty of street (metered) parking options, which were free on Saturday night and Sunday, so we did not use the valet parking.
The best part of this hotel was the superb service we received. I called several days ahead to reserve a crib for our baby. However, when we arrived, all hotel cribs were in use. The receptionist, Marques, (who was very helpful and friendly) actually drove to another hotel, borrowed a crib, and brought it to our room, all within about 30 minutes. We also had an issue with rowdy, noisy neighbors. Within 15 minutes, another very nice man (manager?) from the front desk graciously brought us new key cards for a room on the next floor and offered to help us move our things. Finally, we had forgotten toothbrushes and toothpaste. Housekeeping also supplied those within 15 minutes of our request. All in all, our stay was great. I've not encountered such excellent, friendly service in a long time. We will definitely try to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Use Priceline
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. It was nice to hear your comments as we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The service I experienced at the Millennium was poor at best considering they hardly had anyone working there. I pulled up to Valet and no one was around...for 5-10 minutes. I finally got out of my car to check-in and the service desk was matter of fact, and not helpful. I asked if I could valet, and the front desk rep said to go back outside and wait. Finally, a valet employee came to help me...I questioned if he/she really worked at the hotel, and I was concerned I may/may not get my vehicle back the next morning. Thankfully, it was there!

The room accomodations were okay, but dated and need renovating.

Most importantly, I questioned my safety at this hotel and would not recommend to anyone in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. I do apologize for the issue you had with our valet. As a management team, we share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking at ways we can improve our service.

T.H. IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I really dont understand the bad reviews. The hotel is nice,comfortable and in an ideal location. Yes, the valet was expensive, but there is a much cheaper parking lot behind the hotel. If you cant walk across the street then pay for valet. The rooms were nice and comfortable. We visited my daughter who lives downtown. The walk was easy. I felt safe.
Hello, this hotel is not out of the ordinary, only value priced hotels have continental breakfast. Internet is not free in all places and yes in any big city you find panhandlers.

Room Tip: Hotwire for your hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I am writing this review as I sit in my hotel room at the Millenium, when deciding to call it a night. Tired of being pan handled no matter where we try to go in this city. Got a room here last minute on priceline. Classified as a 3.5 star hotel downtown. I guess as long as your a hotel in the central part of downtown you automatically qualify as 3.5 star?? I have stayed in Econo Lodges that were cleaner. This place is filthy. Chairs covered with stains, hallways smell. Bathroom faucet handle fell off as soon as my wife tried to turn it.

Pulled into the backside of the hotel area where the limo's come in by accident. Not a single employees was in this area. Had neighborhood kids trying to valet park cars. I didnt fall for it, but anyone could have. Oh and was pan handled as well right in front of the hotel. I am currently using my phone to connect my computer to because the WiFi is unusable. Just keeps kicking on and off. We have been on the road for over a week now, visiting several cities and this by far is our worst experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Manager222, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Hotel Cincinnati, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. We take all guest comments very seriously and appreciate all of the feedback we can get. I do apologize that your stay was not as you expected and hope that you brought your concerns to the attention of our front desk, so we could have the opportunity to make right.

As a managemetn team, we share all comments with our staff, so that we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for your comments we are always looking at ways we can improve.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

This is a $60 per night hotel..at best. Not $220 for the upgraded room. What a dissapointment----nothing like the pictures and vurtual tour.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I reveiwed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Millennium Hotel Cincinnati. As a management team we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues. I hope that you addressed your issue with the front desk so that we could have the opportunity to make it right.

Thank you for your comments, we are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Millennium Hotel Cincinnati? Share your experiences!