“Worst hotel I have ever seen” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Cincinnati / Evendale

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cincinnati
Americas Best Value Cincinnati / Evendale
You added Americas Best Value Cincinnati / Evendale to your Saves list
1717 Glendale Milford Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45215   |
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst hotel I have ever seen”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

The conditions of the Travel Lodge in Cincinnati / Evendale (1717 Glendale Milford Rd. Cincinnati, OH). are completely unacceptable; I do not see how it could possibly pass any type of Hotel inspection. I will think twice before ever making a reservation at another Travel Lodge again. While checking in, the attendant could not even tell us how to get to our room. There was a terrible odor throughout the entire building; there was garbage and food laying all over in the hallways. The coffee pot in our room was filled with moldy water, and the bathtub was black with dirt and grime. The carpet in the rooms was sticky. The door to the outside of the building from our room had a half-inch gap under it where water and bugs came into the room. The sheets on the bed of a friend’s room had brown stains on them that resembled fecies. The indoor pool, sauna, and weight room were all closed and the stench coming from those rooms was unbearable, It smelled like a rotting corpse. There was a garbage bin in the hall that looked like it had not been emptied in months and had standing water in it, and bugs all over it. The banquet room was condemned, and had dirty plates and cups on all the tables with mold growing on them. The outdoor pool was also closed and had a fence with a sign reading "DANGER POOL CLOSED," yet there were children swimming in it any way. This quite honestly was the most disgusting hotel that I have ever seen. I will be reporting this to the Ohio Hotel and Lodging Association. If the board of health inspected this hotel I believe it would be shut down immediately.
I hope that Travel Lodge looks into this Hotel and takes action, because I don’t see how any company would put their name on a building that is taken care of this poorly. We immediately checked out and booked rooms at the Comfort Inn on Chester LN. Their accommodations were very nice, the rates were reasonable, and it was CLEAN!

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

This place shouldn't even get 1 dot. It is a definite candidate for Sick Building Syndrome. Be sure to bring a gas mask, bleach, and tons of disinfectant. Better yet, just don't even go there.

As the reviews below mentioned the place does smell bad, starting in the lobby. The clerk couldn't tell us how to find our room once we checked in. while searching for our room we passed the outdoor pool which had signs saying "Danger Pool Closed". Once we finally found our room, it too smelled, the coffee maker did not have a pot, which was ok because there was no way we'd make coffee since it had a ball of mold about the size of a baseball inside the maker itself. The tub was black from filth. The price was good so we decided to look past that, but then we walked around trying to find the indoor pool..... We walked trough a dining room that looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years including the drink cups filled with mold. got past that and went downstairs to find the indoor pool. there was trash all over the bottom of the stairs and a trash bin full of some liquid and decaying food. The doors to the pool area were locked shut and lights off. We went back upstairs and immediately checked out. Leaving light-headed and nautious

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

We would never stay at this motel again! Wish I would have read the reviews first. The first room we were given we walked in and the and the room smelled terrible, like cat pee! So, I went back to the desk to get another room, they gave us another and it looked ok at first, so we dropped our luggage and headed off for dinner. I asked for another pillow and some extra towels before we left, they said no problems they will be in your room when you return. We returned back nothing was done, so I went to use the restroom in the room before returning to the front desk. I walked in the bathroom only to find a used bar of soap, no towels and plaster all over the bathtub, you could tell they had tried to repair a hole in the ceiling over the tub. Back down to the front desk, by this time it was 9pm at night and they had to call housekeeping management, he had to come clean the room at 9pm at night, then he forgot the soap and towels, which I had to go ask for again! It made for a horrible night!!! And I didn't even get a sorry, a discount or a refund. I would never ever tell anyone to stay at this location and I would never ever go back.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2005

This hotel has given me the worst experience in my lifetime, certain indaviduals are responsible for decieving guests I personally sent for business purposes. They have cochroaches they make no attempt of solving the problem, I was forced to stay for business purposes for two or three months and I saw and requested alot of help to no response, the vents are molded in the upper level causing bad room oders and sickness, I personally witnessed the firing of american workers who had worked for over twenty years to hire of their own culture, I will also write the corporate offices of travelodge and let them know of other personal experiences I had with workers.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2003

Dirty, missing basic amenities, seems like it's about to be out of business. It should be.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2003

The Inn was old and smelling bad. Breakfast was OK. It was not cleaned properly and the bathroom area was wet when we checked in. Only positive note was, it had a 32 inch TV.

Been to Americas Best Value Cincinnati / Evendale? Share your experiences!