“Best value and Quality Hotel in Cincinnati” 5 of 5 stars

Quality Hotel & Suites Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4747 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45212   |
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Seattle, Washington
“Best value and Quality Hotel in Cincinnati”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

When I booked my Cincinnati airplane tickets, I was looking for some reasonably priced hotel where I can afford to stay for as long as want, and I got the best deal here at Quality Hotel and Suites. This place has it all. They have spacious rooms which we found spotless clean every time. All the essentials are good quality.
Restaurant is in the hotel serves good food. We preferred to dine here rather than going out everyday. Hotel offers free breakfast too. Internet, and fitness center access is free.
Other than this, best I liked about Quality Hotel and Suites was the customer service, staff here is incredible, they are very friendly and helping. On my second day, I had little issue with the internet, I called the front desk and my problem was solved within 5 minutes.
This was one of the best hotel experience I have had in years. Hotel was within few minutes drive from almost everything that we wanted to explore in Cincinnati, places like Cincinnati Downtown, Kings Island, Cincinnati Zoo, Taft museum of art.
I am glad that I decided too stay at Quality Hotel and Suites and will always prefer and recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

A block of rooms were booked at this hotel for my cousins wedding. A couple of days before I left I read the reviews for this hotel (curious because the price was really cheap $60 and Ohio has a bad case of the bedbugs). ALL of the bad reviews are true. 1)When we got there, we had to pay for our hotel stay in advance, cash or credit. RED FLAG from the start. Never have I had to pay in advance when I check in!! Here's the thing - when you get there, they will ask you for your cc and then swipe it! They won't tell you that you're paying in advance. (I saw this done with the person checking in before me and I asked) If you pay by cc the money is withheld 3-5 days and with debit 13-15 days. 2) We got a room on the 8th floor(the highest floor) There was no air on this floor let alone the elevators. Our room failed to cool off after a couple of hours and we went down to get another room. The second room the air was great. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms were clean - the furniture, curtains and rug are old. 3) Myself and several other family members left to eat next door at Frisch's Big Boy, but my Uncle stayed and took a nap. he awoke to a bug on the bed and killed it - the evidence was on the sheets!! They demanded another room. Luckily, I came prepared because I read the reviews before hand and had bought some bed bug spray and striped the sheets and sprayed down both mattresses. Gave my cousin the rest of mine to use and we went to BB & B to purchase more spray for other family members. (A dead bedbug was found in the sheets after spraying of another family members room) 4)My cousin got in to it with the front desk staff because she asked to be refunded not for her room, but for the two bottles of bug spray she had to go purchase to feel halfway comfortable sleeping in the room. She was refunded and two other family members as well, but an argument insued. 5) The elevators are hot and raggedy. And OMG, don't take the stairs. It's like a dungeon!! Cement walls and stairs - dirty and scary...I was just praying the door would open! 6) Friday evening, my cousin and I are standing in the lobby talking and soem questionable man walks in with some car part in his hand asking for money so he can fix something. I don't even know what he said because I was so disturbed that he even walked in asking for money like he was on the street. There were other questionable people walking in there who stayed there that looked like they hadn't showered in days - one man had on the same thing two days straight, same electricuted hair look, same dirt on him - it was ridiculous. There may be some connection to the questionable people staying there and the police station across the street...maybe they just got out!!! 7) there were several cracks in the windows in the lobby. I slept awful the entire weekend and could not wait to get home. If you actually decide to stay there after all these awful reviews like I did (the only reason I did it is because it was for a wedding and a block of rooms were already reserved and other people rode with us - I didn't want to be bourgeois!!) do not put anything on the floor besides your shoes! And when you get home wash everything and leave your suitcase in the garage and or spray it with bedbug spray or a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol!! Do not bring things back and carry them right in your room or elsewhere. I took my own blankets and fitted sheet and pillows. Put it in a plastic bag when leaving and put it in the washing machine when you get home. If you are able to wash your pillows, wash them or just put them in the dryer so the heat will kill anything that is on them!! Sorry this was soo long, don't usually write reveiws, but wanted to warn others. I learned my lesson - if a hotel's reviews are more bad than good - book another hotel. Don't chance it -

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Wilmette USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Although away from downtown, the hotel's location gets you to downtown Cincinnati and to suburbs within minutes via nearby expressways. The hotel and rooms were clean and very adequate, free Internet access room. The price is a "steal" for what you get. We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I stay at Choice Hotels because I love these hotels but I will never stay at this hotel again. I called two weeks before getting there to make sure they had us in for a week and that we were all good for a early ci was told we were. When we got there after getting lost for an hour we were there an hour before check in I was told we could not yet checkin and we were going to have to wait. That would have been fine if a large group of people behind us hadn't been checked in. The hotel has no ice machines the elevator sometimes worked sometimes didn't.And if you vaule your sleep your in for a bad suprise a fire/police station are across the street and the covers for potholes make noise when people are driving over them that we could hear 7 storys up. We were on the same floor with a large church group who made noise till all hours of the night. We were suppose to stay a week we only stayed five days before checking out. We paid cash at checkin and was told I couldn't get the money back for the last two nights. When I called to talk to manager he acted like I was bugging him and offered to give me a coupon for two free nights like that's what I wanted I passed and I will pass on the hotel next time in am in Cincinnati.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Nothing redeeming about this hotel. The front desk person/manager was incredibly rude, irrational & even threatening to our group. Refused to honor our confirmed rate . Forced us to pay an additional $20/night to have 4 guest in a room (presumably to cover additional towels however we never received them). Ice machines were actually small freezers with prebagged ice cubes and leftovers from past guests. Both pools were closed. The elevator stopped between floors. Overheard another guest complaining she returned to her room to find urine on the toilet seat and floor of her hotel bath room! I mean even the channel guide was wrong. BOOOOOOOO!!!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

The front desk was confrontational, the pool was closed because of "bacteria", housekeeping didn't wear uniforms (street clothes) and they refused to provide extra towels, I was afraid to get in the elevator because it would get stuck between floors and the rooms were not clean. There was not ONE good thing I could say about this hotel. The term "quality" is really used loosely in this hotel's case.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Hotel was very dirty (windows, bathrooms, floors) and the elevators had wires hanging down from the ceiling (not very comforting). Had bugs in the room; urine on the bathroom toliot. No ice in the freezer on our floor, and the pools were both closed all weekend (of 95 degree heat) due to "maintenance". The one man at the desk, Mike, was very rude to customers and wasn't concerned of people "taking their business elsewhere".

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Central? Share your experiences!