“Very average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 49 hotels in Cincinnati
Worthington, Ohio, United States
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you're picky or a clean freak don't stay here. If you can brush off some subpar conditions you should find an overall a very comfortable stay. The room was clean except for in the sofa bed and a moldy smell when the whirlpool was running. Breakfast was your standard hotel fare except for a DIY belgian waffle maker which unfortunately was out of batter. No decaf available either. The pool looked great, we didn't have time to try it. The half wall divider in the King suite made extra privacy easy for a traveling family. Dual TV's also a great thing. No hot water was available due to a maintenance issue and nothing was done about that but we managed with warm water. We may or may not stay here again. So-so.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms on the first floor have patio doors that open out the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Berea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The staff is very helpful. I thought I left my keys there and they checked it for me and put my mind at ease. Check in was easy and so was check out. I highly recommend them for a weekend trip or a short getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

fort jennings
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel was very old looking, outside and in. All the windows were very dirty. The carpet in room was worn and had burn marks. We were supposed to have smoke free room but my clothes smelt of smoke after we left. The room air conditioner was very noisy and not that effective. The location was convenient for us but I would say the price was the only reason I stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

There really isn't enough space to write all the things that are so utterly disgusting about this place. There was a reddish brown streak running down the closet mirror ending with a brown blob on the floor. The toilet had urine and dirt on the back of it. Molded spray fanned out like a firework by the bed. Hair all over the bathroom. Sheets wrinkled and seemingly not fresh. Felt itchy all night. Office chair coated in stickiness. Bathroom mirror had toothpaste splash from previous person. Tub had hair in it. Mold all over the tub tiles. Mildew and smashed bug on shower curtain. I could go on for quite a while as I haven't even talked about the rest of the place or the breakfast which included spoiled milk. Stay away!

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

TLDR; Don't stay here.

There are some obvious fake reviews on this place. And as much as my stay disgusted me, the fake reviews just really piss me off. Par for the course on this place, as you can see the absolute bare minimum was put into absolutely every detail. The paint on the outside is chipping. The pool is only barely usable. You can't read the buttons on the elevator. The decor probably felt dated in the 60's. The walls are dirty, there is a stink of mold everywhere.

Don't look under anything, as it will be dirty. Bear can in my room, boot print on the sheets. There is dust behind everything.

However, the worst thing was the unbelievable humidity in the room. Even with the A/C on the everything in the room felt wet, like someone had just hosed it down.

Awful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sam1903, Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Central, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience- your feedback is invaluable to improving the level of comfort and service we provide to our guests. I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us it's our goal to provide you with memorable stay and we clearly missed the mark. I would like to discuss the issues with you so that we may prevent a reoccurrence in the future. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience as I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel.
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night in Cincinnati. The hotel is just out of Cincy in Norwood, which is only a few miles away. Our GPS brought us through a fairly rough looking neighborhood off of I-75 to get there, but the hotel itself is in a little better environment. The interior of the hotel is like a labyrinth, and it was difficult to find our way from the parking lot to our room or the lobby the first time. There are conference rooms, and the smell in that area was not the greatest, so I couldn't imagine having meetings there. Once up out of the conference area, the lobby was clean, and the rooms were clean and odor free as well. You can tell it is an older metropolitan hotel, but it was livable. We got a kick out of the ice machines - freezers with prebagged ice. Our room was quiet, the king bed was comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning was good. The hotel parking lot is probably pretty safe, as the Norwood Police Department is adjacent to the hotel. We chose this hotel for the lower price we could get, and it was about what we expected for a hotel in the city in the price range we used.

Room Tip: Avoid entering the hotel from the rear parking lot by the pool if at all possible. It will save you...
pembroke, nh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The first thing about this hotel is the chipping paint outside, the dirty windows/doors at the entrance. The elevators and hallways were filthy. The room was made to look clean, however, the sheets were wrinkled, the shower curtain wrinkled, the mirror in the bathroom had crap on it from the person before who had flossed their teeth. The toilet ran and ran when flushed. The carpets were not vacuumed. I question if the bedspread was washed, as I found an earring in the bed. The "ice machine" was an old freezer with bags of ice in it. The breakfast was awful. The coffeee lukewarm, the milk room temperature. The breakfast room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in eons. The people next to us and across from us were up until at least 1 am, laughing, partying, slamming the doors over and over.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the hotel. It is absolutely the feedback of our guests that continue to keep us moving forward and focused on improving on all fronts. There are definitely a handful of experiences you had that are disappointing to me and are unacceptable and I will personally address them. The consistency of experience we provide through each staff engagement is key to the consistency of the overall guest experience. I assure you I will personally re-inspect that each team member is focused on providing the same high level service to each and every guest at every engagement.

My sincere apology that we were not able to provide a better all-around experience for you but I assure you your feedback will be used to improve our hotel, our service and our product.

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Central? Share your experiences!