“Run down really is the best description” 2 of 5 stars

Quality Hotel & Suites Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4747 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45212   |
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
Boston, Massachusetts
“Run down really is the best description”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Front desk service was friendly and efficient, but that is really all that was good. The price needs to be at Microtel level rather than what it was (this is in the middle of nothing in Cincinnati, for goodness sakes), but most of those are probably cleaner than this place. The rug was worn and had dark stains. The bedspread was faded and sad. The bathroom had a musty odor, and the shower had little hairs. The bathroom had two fans--one normal sounding and another that came on automatically with the heat lamp that rattled quite noisily. The switch on the bedside lamp was broken, and the phone cord to the handset was also broken. Also, why bother with the whole flat screen but analog TV thing, with crummy reception? Breakfast was typical and nothing to complain about (or praise). I would not stay here again and would not recommend. If you want to pay the same, you can stay someplace nicer that is only ten or fifteen more minutes away from downtown or the university.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sam1903, Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Central, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Quality Hotel And Suites Central.
We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback that we can get. As a management team. We share all comments with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues.

We have already started upgrading our rooms now we have flat screen TV's in all the rooms and soon we will have HD channels in our all rooms along with that we are also going to replace carpets and drapes in our rooms.

Again thank you for your comment as we are always looking at ways we can improve our service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family (myself, husband, 6 year and 1 year old daughters stayed here last night. We actually got the room for free because we used Choice hotels best rate guarantee. Our room was on the 5th floor and very clean inside. There was no refrigerator in the room. The hallways were definitely in need of updating, however the room itself appears to have been updated recently. The breakfast was terrible. I didn't eat anything. My daughter had 2 muffins and husband had the sausage gravy and biscuits. They had a waffle machine to make your own waffles, sausage, reconstituted eggs, mini muffins, 2 cereals and bagels. The location is an ear that I didn't really feel safe in after dark. The parking is in the back of the hotel and is not very well lit at all, my husband took us back to the lobby and parked the van.

On a positive note, the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly. There is no indoor pool at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here while visiting the Newport Aquarium. We got a king suite with the jetted bathtub and separate living area and could walk right out our sliding door to our car. The room was clean except for a few minor things. A little run down in some areas. The outdoor pool looked like it would be very nice for summer fun. Breakfast was average. The only big problem I had with this place is the false advertising. This is copied from the main page of their website: Guests of this Cincinnati, OH hotel can enjoy relaxing in our on-site game room .... But, there is no game room. This was one of the factors in my choosing this hotel. But other than that it's a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A good hotel, located conveniently in the north of Cincinnati, very close to downtown (about 12 min drives). The room is quite spacious, but no fridge or microwave. Breakfast is standard, nothing fancy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

owensboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

this place had to be the nastiest place ever...it hasn't been up dated in years, it smells bad, and it's scary.
I could handle it being out dated and the smell but when I pulled back the sheets I found a pubic hair in my bed and it looked like the sheets hadn't been changed. I went to check out and all they could offer me was 20% off the room...seriously!
I wouldn't let my dogs sleep in this hotel!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sam1903, Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Central, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the issues during your stay and that our staff was unable to help resolve these problems.Please be advised that all corrective actions have been taken to address your concerns and would like to discuss this matter further if you can give me a call directly.

Thanks

David Gupta
Fletcher, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Located in the Norwood area of Cincinnati, almost directly between Interstates 71 and 75, this establishment does a nice job of providing a clean, comfortable room at a decent price.

Check-in was prompt and the guy at the front desk was incredibly courteous and professional--and I'm not just saying that because he gave me a suite without me prompting him to do so! When I checked out in the morning, he was present and equally attentive.

The suite was fairly impressive for a Quality Inn chain and full of amenities. The refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV (a standard TV in the living area) were appreciated, as was the comfortable (if not a bit dated) decor. There was plenty of room to 'stretch out'. The king-sized bed was great, and I noticed the presence of mattress protectors when checking things out.

The jacuzzi tub was a nice add-on, but the stopper was a bit finicky and the tub didn't seem to retain water for long. A used towel was left in the bathroom and the drapes weren't completely on track at the end. The shower massager was wonderful, as was the water pressure. The wireless internet worked flawlessly.

Although Quality Hotel & Suites might not be the newest establishment, its overall cleanliness, comfort and professionalism of the staff makes it worth your dime, if you happen to be in the Cincinnati area. Downtown is less than seven miles away and the hotel is extremely close to the campus of Xavier University.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cottontown, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family has been staying a this Hotel for 5 years, 2 sons at Xavier. Very pleased with the service. Location to Xavier is great. Our experience has been great. We have always had a good experience, not a fancy place but clean and very helpful staff.

Room Tip: if you want non smoking, you must ask.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Central? Share your experiences!