“great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Cincinnati
norwood, oh
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have stayed here on and off for 3 years. We like to come on weekends. David and the staff are very nice and accomidating and really sweet. The breakfast bar is good. Nice choices to pick from. The rooms are very clean and fully supplied. We really love the suites. We do normally stay in a suite. Our home away from home.

Sue M

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly onbusiness, it is a great facility. clean, and spacious rooms, good workout area. It has spacioud parking with a lower lot.

The staff is super helpful. David and staff are some of the best people you can meet.

Highly recomend this facility

Krysten Joudeh

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in this Hotel this past weekend as I just moved to Cincinnati and was looking for apartments. Rooms were just OK but were kept clean and everything was in order. Hotel staff was very cordial and gave me nice advice on neighborhood selection. Breakfast was good too as they had a bit more selections than any typical continental breakfast. Comfortable stay at a very economical price.

Room Tip: Rooms on Floor 6 are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a terrible experience and I didn't even stay there! I made a reservation, cancelled it less than 1/2 hour later due to safety concerns and they kept half my money. When I protested I recieved a letter back 38 days later ( they promised 7-10) telling me that they (Choice Hotels) couldn't help. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Decatur, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We got a great rate and a clean room with an onsite restaurant. My husband and I had been in another hotel for 4 nights and were on our way home. I surprised him with a trip to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati and a walk across the Purple People Bridge. After a day full of excitement, we drove through awesome old neighborhoods from downtown Cinci to the Quality Hotel in Norwood. The drive alone was a history lesson. Anyway, the staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful. The AC in the first room was very noisy, so we requested another room. By the time we got all our stuff moved next door, a repairman was in the room we had just vacated. We were able to rest in a comfortable, quiet room before enjoying a delicious meal in the onsite Cancun Restaurant. There was one funky thing, though: the "ice machine" was an upright freezer with bags of ice inside. This was not a problem; I had just never seen this before. The free breakfast was good, and check-out was easy. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is fine for budget travelers (like us).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairborn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I EVER have stayed in. We were given a room on the 8th floor. When we stepped off the elevator there was trash piled on the floor with liquid coming out of it. The ceiling was nasty looking and the halls were extremely dark. Once inside the room, there was rust in the tub, stains on the carpet and was very outdated. The beds were not comfortable at all. We opted to stay because we were only going to sleep in the room so we won't be in it long. Went for breakfast the next morning, selection was not good and the tables were so beat up, I was affraid to eat on them. The trash finally was removed from by the elevator but the liguid remained throughout the stay. To top off our entire stay on our way home, we found body lice on our legs. So, if you don't want a horrible stay, stay somewhere else,avoid this trainwreck!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sam1903, Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Central, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate the opportunity that this provides us to respond directly to you.
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Cincinnati.

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding trash piled on the floor. We appreciate your comments and will certainly will consider them when we are intervening in situation like this in future. Thank you for letting us know.
We have taken required steps to ensure this doesn't happen again and we have already started an intensive renovation of the hotel and we are installing new flat screen TVs in our rooms.

In the breakfast area we have fresh waffle, sausage gravy biscuits, egg patties, boiled egg and now we have also introduced breakfast sausage to the breakfast menu.

If you wish to review this matter further, please feel free to call me at 513 351 6000.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We (we b'n my husband, our 3 y/o son, & of course myself) have seen a lotta different towns, stayed at a lotta different hotels...written a lotta reviews, some not 2 good, BUT all of em r honest, 2 the point...& hopefully this'll give u some really gr8 Nformation. (B4 I Bgin (begin) I hope this doesnt Nflic 2 much of a headache, its EZ'R (easier) 4 me (not 2 mention its a lotta fun) 2 short'n words play w/ our english language & grammer, plz take it 4 EXACTLY wat (what) it is, its NOT that Im uneducated & dont knw 2 spell or use grammer, again its fun, its EZ'R (easier), & takes less time 2 type, thx 4 understand'n have fun read'n this & hope its helpful...Njoy) Now, lets get dwn 2 wat u came here 4...shall we? I gave THIS location an over all score of a 5. Cleanliness, was a 5. Our room was VERY clean, frm ceiling 2 floor, even under the bed, the bathroom was spotless & gleaming white. House-keep'n does a terrific job!!! They keep the pool & gym area on point, faithfully very morning I saw em clean'n the pool area, frm the pool water itself 2 the garden area. Location is a 5, right off the highway, could c it frm our room, but we could not hear it, we even saw the train go by everyday, I swear this hotel is sound proof cuz we could NOT hear N-E of it, they do have an amazing sound barrier. It was really neat 2 c, & it was the BEST part of my son's mornings. Room I gave a 5. Again, it was n tip top shape, nice decorations, they r elegently placed, the over-all feel of the room was very welcome'n. The beds were so comfortable, I jus melt'd n it. Service, again another 5. We stay'd there while the World Choir Games where there, u would assume service wouldnt b all that gr8, boy was I WRONG. I 4got bath soap @ home, I call'd the front desk 2 request some, they had my bathsoap @ my door n 2 mins, I even request'd some paper plates & forks, they brought those 2 me as well, w/ absolutely no wait. They made me feel like we were the ONLY family n the hotel, like we were their ONLY responsability. I knw 4 a 100% fact we were NOT the only 1's that felt this way, cuz I had a chat w/ another guest, whom had their child out n the pool w/my son play'n whom felt the same way bout their service also. (IDK if that part is allow'd cuz I knw ur ONLY suppose 2 speak bout ur OWN PERSONAL stay, but it SHOULD b cuz THIS conversation DID personally happen 2 take place w/ ME 1st hand). Value was also another 5. We got a fabulous price, there r somethings $$ can NOT buy, like the way my family & I were treat'd. How we were respect'd. The way the employees made us feel so important, it was OUTSTANDING. Money can't buy THAT. 99% of the time when u go 2 a hotel, they ARE loud, the walls r thin, the ppl ARE rude & hate their job, the rooms have a funky mildew smell, or a powerful stale cigarette stinch, there r a lotta terrible things that COULD & DO go wrong, BUT not THERE, NOT @ THAT LOCATION, THEY R THAT 1%...they r that 1% for the 99%. Its the lobster life, on a tuna budget.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Central? Share your experiences!